llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hi  (Read 1336 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline James Hallam

• Nomad
    • Awards
Hi
« on: July 13, 2013, 04:44:31 AM »
Hi everyone,

Not sure what to put here, mostly because I'm rather boring to be honest, but here we go.

I've been playing rpgs off and on for about 20 years now, starting with D&D after school when I was a young lad. We all took turns at being DM, and although we were pretty dire at campaign writing, it was all fun.

Most of my recent (well, last 10 years or so) roleplay experience has been on computer games, like Baldur's Gate 1 & 2, Neverwinter Nights and such like. Even started to RP on World of Warcraft a little bit.

I found this site now I've got back into tabletop gaming, and have even persuaded the wife to join in and so were looking for some ideas for a new campaign world. When i get back into it all, I will be putting some of my notes on here, but only the interesting stuff.

On a side note, while browsing I spotted an idea or two that I would like comment and add feedback to that I plan on using, but do you have an unwritten rule on the age of a submission commented on? I know some sites seem to not like expanding on anything over a month or so old.

Jim

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Re: Hi
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 05:09:57 AM »
Howdy James! Welcome to the citadel!

If the submission exists, you may comment on it and vote on it and critique or praise it to your hearts content! In fact, often it is good to have an old sub be dredged back to the surface forms fresh view.

We look forward to seeing you around! Take a good look at both the main page and the forum, and if you have any questions, don't be afraid to ask! There are people here with decades of roleplaying experience and no question is too silly!
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Gossamer

• Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Status Quo is the DEVIL
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Best Play By Post Player 2013 Newbie of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 07:10:30 AM »
Hello and welcome, James.

I'm Gossamer, the resident cuckoo. Your roleplaying experience sounds a lot like my own, before I came here. :)
And as SE said, looking forward to seeing yours and your wife's work.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 11:12:50 AM »
Welcome to the Citadel.

Any idea is a good idea...even the ones you might think are bad.

And comment the hell out of those old submissions! :)

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.