llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Chapter 3: Choices  (Read 39 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • Awards
Chapter 3: Choices
« on: January 28, 2015, 07:34:00 PM »
Several days later...

Having left the Vault in the old school, Asha, Anya, Marcus, Carnegie and Elvis returned to find the town somewhat a little less aflame than they had left it.  The fire had been put out, and an attack from Raiders had been pushed back without major loss.

The Major had insisted on hearing everything that went on underground, and seemed especially alarmed by the device-dominated zombies.  Especially the warning they gave.

“The Deathlands he said?  Thats a place no one in their right mind would go.  Killing machines from Before are there, said to have been driven mad.  They don’t wander outside, so we have been safe so far. But if some _thing_ is going there it might be looking to stir em up. Not sure if we should try and intercept it or wait and see.  I may know someone who can speak to this. Let me get back to you on that.

“That Vault sounds like something dangerous to have at our back.  I’m considering having the door sealed by collapsing the building and burying it.  They’ve kept this long, they can keep a while longer. You have any other thoughts on that? Anything you want to do before we seal it?”

“And to top it all off, the Eastern Raiders have stepped up their activities, and they’re not continuing on to Stonehammer as usual. They have been making some attacks around Kenebac.  I’m looking to start organizing a punitive raid against them. See if we can get some of the outlying communities to lead us some hands for the effort.  Marcus, I’d like you to assist with that. I think it would be a good release for your - energies.”

“So thats the situation.  An old friend of mine has returned from his travels. Doc Sandoz.  Steady hand with scalpel or pistol. He’d be an excellent addition to your team, since I expect wherever you go will be harms way in some manner.  I think there are others you might be able to bring along.”

Tilly’s had returned more or less to normal. Bau’s wounds have been tended to. And their walls have had additional material added to them.

You have time to do a little bit of side activities before embarking on any of these efforts.  Tusserk can bring Mr. Creed into the discussion. Apart from Asha who is too new, everyone is familiar with him.  We can can adjust as needed.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Tusserk

• Veldruk Jai
  • Journeyman
  • Slightly Besmackled
    • Awards
Re: Chapter 3: Choices
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2015, 09:56:45 PM »
The soft jingling of chainmail announced his presence as Creed stepped forward to listen to the story. His scarred face and ever present pistols glistened in the light as he nodded to the mayor. “We need intel on the raiders as well. Why have they not left the area for Stonehammer?”

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: Today at 12:48:47 PM »
"A Very good question, Mr. Creed. I'm wondering if recent events drew their attention here.  We've taken none of them prisoners, and nothing has been recovered that gives us any real clue as to why.  Maybe they got a real bloody nose the last time they hit Stonehammer, or their priests have make new declarations against us. No idea."

"Anyway, are there any further questions? I'm leaving it to you which way you want to go with this. "

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Asha

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Journeyman
  • I can acquire the item you seek, for a price…
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: Today at 01:51:01 PM »
Asha adjusted her sun glasses and gave a friendly nod to the arriving Mr. Creed, twirling a lockpick idly between her fingers. "In the vaults front room there was an armored sec door, I wouldn't mind seeing if I could pop the lock on it, it may be a back up armory for expeditions to the surface, a security station or even escape route from the overseers office, either way it might have some useful gear inside we can make use of and perhaps a way to override the machine mind controlling the place, it's worth a look at least."