llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Chapter 3: Choices  (Read 628 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Asha

  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Journeyman
  • *
  • Posts: 97
  • I can acquire the item you seek, for a price…
    • Awards
Re: Chapter 3: Choices
« Reply #50 on: February 18, 2015, 06:05:44 AM »
Asha took the card with a nod of thanks, giving her an affectionate smile before hesitantly inserting it into the door, worried if it proved the wrong one an alarm and security response would soon greet them. "Here goes..."

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3534
  • Awards Locations Guild Elite Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: Chapter 3: Choices
« Reply #51 on: February 18, 2015, 08:27:14 PM »
The door happily accepted the card, it slid in and out again with a whirring sound. The light flashed green and there was some additional mechanical clicking.

As the massive steel door slid out of line of sight, a number of smells - all powerful, struck there senses.  Warm air, with strong mix of Death and burned electronics flooded the room.

Again, it was quiet.

   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Silveressa

  • Mourning Wolf
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • King
  • *
  • Posts: 822
  • Scottish wolf-&^%$@ with silver fangs
  • Awards Guardian of the Citadel Article Guild Master Questor Elite NPC Guild 2012 Sub of the Year 2012 Location of the Year
    • Awards
Re: Chapter 3: Choices
« Reply #52 on: February 18, 2015, 08:53:30 PM »
As the door slid open Asha quickly stepped back and to the side, clearing the line of fire to Mr. Creed and Ayna's breach and clear maneuver as she unsheathed her sword ready to deal with any hostiles that attempted to slip past their assault.

(GM, is it permissible for me to use the flat side of my blade to inflict non lethal/subdual damage against targets if I so choose?)
"Lesbian gamers, sometimes we use our hands for other things."

Offline Carnegie H. Roberts

  • Strolenati
  • Journeyman
  • *
  • Posts: 81
    • Awards
Re: Chapter 3: Choices
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2015, 12:24:20 PM »
Carnegie stood back, behind Asha and readied her stun stick. She took Elvis by the collar and held him at her side.

Offline Elvis

  • Hunting Dog Extraordinaire
  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 26
  • "I ain't nothin' but a hound dog..."
    • Awards
Re: Chapter 3: Choices
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2015, 05:06:58 PM »
Elvis pulled slightly against the tug on his collar, the smell of death and more electronics making him recoil and growl in concern as he lowered himself towards the ground ready to spring on anything that threatened his master.

(Initiative roll if anything does exist the door to attack: Minion: Lady_Wolf rolls 1d20 and gets 2.

Offline Doc West

  • Doctor, Judge, Confidant.
  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 9
  • Loyalty is a two way street.
    • Awards
Re: Chapter 3: Choices
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2015, 05:10:37 PM »
Doctor West took a half a step back, wrinkling his nose at the all too familiar sickly sweet smell of decay, raising his revolver defensively, the hammer set to fall on one of the 9 .44 magnum shells in it's over sized cylinder, ready to follow Asha through the door, or lay down covering fire while the rest of the group beat a hasty retreat in the event the threat beyond the door proved overwhelming.

(Initiative if needed: Minion: Lady_Wolf rolls 1d20 and gets 3.)
"Sometimes we need to be hurt in order to grow, we must fail in order to know. We must lose in order to gain, some lessons are learned best through pain."

Offline Ayna

  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 27
  • One shot, one kill.
    • Awards
Re: Chapter 3: Choices
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2015, 05:11:46 PM »
Without hesitation Ayna stepped into the room, advancing in a diagonal direction behind Mr. Creed to sweep her section of the room the same way he had instructed her and other townsfolk a long while back with a mind to guard their bastion of civilization against unknown dangers.

(Perception roll please GM to spot any gun turrets or other dangers in need of some .9mm affection.)

In the event something is there that needs shooting assume a single shot from my Uzi:  Minion: Lady_Wolf rolls 1d20 and gets 19.



Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3534
  • Awards Locations Guild Elite Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: Chapter 3: Choices
« Reply #57 on: February 19, 2015, 08:06:43 PM »
Mr. Creed stepped into the darkened room - what few light panels were there were dark and flickering.  He foot told him there was something on the floor very close to the door.
A quick prod with his toe told him. Head.  Someone was lying right near the door.

Flashlight revealed a horrifying scene - what could only be called the aftermath of a terrible battle.  Several corpses lay atop each other - slain while fighting tooth and nail.  The one near the doorway was pinioned by a long metal shaft, his apparent attacker lying nearby with a shattered skull.

No firearms were visible - what weapons that could be seen where makeshift - knives, various clubs and heavy tools.

Both men and women made up the assortment of dead - numbering at least a dozen as could be told with the dim light and their limited entry into the room.



   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Carnegie H. Roberts

  • Strolenati
  • Journeyman
  • *
  • Posts: 81
    • Awards
Re: Chapter 3: Choices
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2015, 02:25:54 PM »
Oblivious to the carnage inside, Carnegie took out her flashlight and quietly handed it to Asha.

Dammit, wasted a perfectly good 20 on initiative. Where were you before huh?!  :x

Offline Ayna

  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 27
  • One shot, one kill.
    • Awards
Re: Chapter 3: Choices
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2015, 05:58:11 PM »
"All clear." She said quietly, gingerly stepping over the corpses and keeping an eye out for turrets and looking for a near by light switch in the hopes of better illuminating the area. "Whatever happened here, I'm glad we missed it."

Offline Doc West

  • Doctor, Judge, Confidant.
  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 9
  • Loyalty is a two way street.
    • Awards
Re: Chapter 3: Choices
« Reply #60 on: February 20, 2015, 06:05:33 PM »
The doc stepped inside more hesitantly, pulling out a handkerchief and holding it to his face to help block out a degree of the smell, poking at the bodies with his sword cane to see if they had of the metal implants the group had told him of. "By the looks of it they died fighting each other, perhaps they became trapped inside?" He glanced around to see if the room held another exit and what (if any) its function seemed to be.

(Search/scavenge roll if needed: (18:00:47) Minion: Lady_Wolf rolls 1d20 and gets 15. )
"Sometimes we need to be hurt in order to grow, we must fail in order to know. We must lose in order to gain, some lessons are learned best through pain."

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3534
  • Awards Locations Guild Elite Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: Chapter 3: Choices
« Reply #61 on: February 22, 2015, 08:23:13 PM »
The one with the massive head trauma provided what he was looking for.  Whatever had been used had been quite heavy, and edged.  Likely the bloodied fire-ax he saw cast into the corner, not far from another who bore multiple stab wounds in his back.

He could see something metallic in the unfortunate's cranium, lodged in the brain tissue. 
   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Tusserk

  • Veldruk Jai
  • Adept
  • **
  • Posts: 120
  • Slightly Besmackled
  • Awards Hall of Heroes
    • Awards
Re: Chapter 3: Choices
« Reply #62 on: February 24, 2015, 02:44:21 AM »
Creed slid his feet across the floor, stepping over the bodies as needed, while he swept the shotgun from his area to the far left corner. Satisfied that no bodies were jumping up to attack him and his comrades he turned his attention to looking for hiding spots and potential entries into the room.


(23:41:15) Minion: Tusserk rolls 1d20 and gets 13. Perception skill of +2 for a 15 total... unless Val is rolling for Perception checks

Offline Carnegie H. Roberts

  • Strolenati
  • Journeyman
  • *
  • Posts: 81
    • Awards
Re: Chapter 3: Choices
« Reply #63 on: Yesterday at 02:53:01 PM »
Asha seemingly too focused to notice, and with nothing happening, Carnegie shrugged, keeping the flashlight and stepped up to shine a cone into the room. She flinched away with a half-suffocated sound as she saw the bodies. Her hand covering her mouth, she looked away with a pained expression. After a long while, she managed to muster enough gusto to whisper. "...Doc, could ya..." She paused to swallow.
"C-could ya check em for chips."

"Need ta git de jammer sorted... So dis ain't happenin agin..." She mumbled to herself with determination.

Offline Doc West

  • Doctor, Judge, Confidant.
  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 9
  • Loyalty is a two way street.
    • Awards
Re: Chapter 3: Choices
« Reply #64 on: Yesterday at 05:52:45 PM »
"Of course miss Roberts," he said after a moments hesitation, leaning his cane against the wall and holstering his revolver as he with drew a scalpel from his medical bag, "Could you hold the light steady for me please?" He asked her, quickly setting to work extracting the few components from the cadaver, the smell up close making his eyes water from the intensity. "it is best not to linger in here, this room is far from hygienic." he reminded his friends gesturing to the door.

(Still waiting for the GM descritpion of whether or not the room held another exit and what (if any) its function seemed to be btw. ;) )
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 05:55:26 PM by Doc West »
"Sometimes we need to be hurt in order to grow, we must fail in order to know. We must lose in order to gain, some lessons are learned best through pain."

Offline Ayna

  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 27
  • One shot, one kill.
    • Awards
Re: Chapter 3: Choices
« Reply #65 on: Yesterday at 06:04:59 PM »
Ayna continued to scan the room for a light switch, nodding absent mindedly at the doctors advice, her mind piecing together the way the fight had unfolded, wondering if the lack of ventilation sounds meant some vital piece of the bunker had ceased to function or if it was simply shut down for maintenance. "Anyone recognize any of these people or their style of dress and stuff as being from Kennebac or surrounding places?" She asked her friends, wondering who they were, and if they had been missed by their friends and family yet?

"I'm pretty sure wherever they came from, someone is going to come looking for them eventually."

Offline Elvis

  • Hunting Dog Extraordinaire
  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 26
  • "I ain't nothin' but a hound dog..."
    • Awards
Re: Chapter 3: Choices
« Reply #66 on: Yesterday at 06:06:50 PM »
Elvis watched the activity inside the room form the safety of the doorway, unwilling to enter the room, a soft whine escaping his throat as the smell of death all but overwhelmed him.

Offline Asha

  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Journeyman
  • *
  • Posts: 97
  • I can acquire the item you seek, for a price…
    • Awards
Re: Chapter 3: Choices
« Reply #67 on: Yesterday at 06:36:35 PM »
"I'll keep watch in case anything approaches," She told her companions, giving Carnegie a polite shake of her head when offered the flashlight and quickly retreating several pace from the almost tangible miasma erupting from the door, her stomach churning in slow waves. "I'm glad I had a light lunch." She said to her self quietly, her ears strained against the silence for the sound of anything approaching.

(Perception roll request from gm please to hear any approaching bad guys.)

Offline valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3534
  • Awards Locations Guild Elite Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: Chapter 3: Choices
« Reply #68 on: Yesterday at 08:07:00 PM »
The only noise to be heard was that of her and her companions.  The place seems quite dead.

Through scattered flashlight - no light switch could be found - there appeared to have been two sides to the battle.  One group wore exclusively overalls with 117 emblazoned on them, while the other wore more random clothing.  None resembled any Kenabacers any of the group knew, and the hands and shoes had no signs of the hard life that existed outside the vault.

None were very young, many had salt and pepper hair and were all very pale.

Doc West managed to fish out a squiggling metal object from his first 'subject', taking great care to deny it any chance to grab him.  He dropped it into a can he found nearby and the thing ceased its scrabbling inside.

"Right, they move." said Asha absently.

They could not discern the rooms purpose, but two exits, north and south, could be found.  Both were closed doors, no visible locks.




Asha, examining carefully the scene of the battle, said "One group was trying to keep the other from leaving. The overall team was trying to get out."

Why?
   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®