llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Old School  (Read 157040 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Online valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3353
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • Awards
Re: Old School
« Reply #275 on: December 08, 2014, 08:13:26 AM »
Marcus paused for a moment, then decided. "Sure, I'll take point. Don't trip over yourselves back there."

Marcus headed for the second doorway, near where the robots came in.  "The nearest 'Elevator' he said was through here, " Marcus said by way of explanation. It was clear that like most of the others that an Elevator was not a familiar concept to him.

As they left the cafeteria, Carnegie looked back at Dot12 and waved.  The machine waved back, its hand rotating 90° on its wrist.


Interestingly enough, the hallway beyond was partially lit by dim, slightly greenish panels in the ceiling, and was fairly clear of debris. They passed four locked doors - two on either side that bore numbers - 1-R12, 1-R13, 1-R14 & R1-15 and came to a large square room.  The room had 3 doorways, one directly ahead with what appeared to be two sliding doors and a small control panel with a blue lit button on it, and two on either side.  Above the sliding doors was another light, currently a dim white and a sign reading ‘ELEVATOR 1-4’.

Again, Elvis’s sharp ears picked out a noise in the distance, though it was too far to get a clear picture.  Too far away for it to be the funny machines they just encountered, but loud enough for him to hear.
   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Asha

  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Journeyman
  • *
  • Posts: 82
  • I can acquire the item you seek, for a price…
    • Awards
Re: Old School
« Reply #276 on: December 08, 2014, 02:18:30 PM »
There should be a stair well around here somewhere for people to move between levels," She paused long enough to remove her sunglasses, grateful for the gloomy interior lighting in this area. "I can imagine people in a place like this getting lost, maybe they have some kind of interior street signs painted on the walls somewhere pointing people to the Admin office, armory, medical area and the like?" As she spoke she scanned the walls, hoping to find a you are here type of map, or even just plaques with arrows leading in various directions.

Offline Elvis

  • Hunting Dog Extraordinaire
  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 19
  • "I ain't nothin' but a hound dog..."
    • Awards
Re: Old School
« Reply #277 on: December 09, 2014, 06:53:31 AM »
Elvis whined uncertainly, pricking his ears at the distant sounds, the noises unfamiliar to him, but not immediately threatening, the scents in this area of the complex older, less frequented by living things than other places. He kept close to Carnegie's side, scenting the air cautiously, his claws faintly clicking on the tiled flooring as they journeyed deeper into the complex.

Offline Ayna

  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 12
  • One shot, one kill.
    • Awards
Re: Old School
« Reply #278 on: December 09, 2014, 07:10:58 AM »
She shrugged indifferently at Carnegie's frown, "Where I came from wasting food was the last thing you ever did, and down here who knows when he'll get another chance to eat? I figured he deserved it more than the trash bin."

She rolled her eyes at Marcu's commentary, "Is it the inbreeding that makes you so rude all the time, or do you see some benefit to pissing off the people watching your back?" Her voice dripped with sarcasm as she trailed behind at the end of the group, keeping an eye on their six, ready to drop the rifle and draw her pistol should anything dangerous appear.

Online valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3353
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • Awards
Re: Old School
« Reply #279 on: December 09, 2014, 07:53:33 AM »
Asha scanned the walls while Ayna and Marcus verbally sparred.  Any signs seemed to escape her, but then she noticed that over the two side doors was a faded place where perhaps a sign once sat.

Elvis picked up more sounds now, footsteps moving quickly but quietly.  No new scents, but the air moved little here.

The side doors had simple loop handles and the hinges were clearly visible.

Behind them, they could faintly hear a voice - sounded like Dot12.  "Welcome Sirs! May I off--"

Elvis heard an odd snapping noise, and something hit the floor, but not hard.

Marcus had already wheeled about to present his shield to the rear, axe in hand.




   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Carnegie H. Roberts

  • Strolenati
  • Journeyman
  • *
  • Posts: 62
    • Awards
Re: Old School
« Reply #280 on: December 09, 2014, 01:50:09 PM »
Quote
"Where I came from wasting food was the last thing you ever did, and down here who knows when he'll get another chance to eat? I figured he deserved it more than the trash bin."

"...Ah din't say anytin..." Carnegie pouted, blushed and looked away. Stupid, stupid, stupid. Oh great, now they're fighting again. What was keeping this group together? She wouldn't have been in the original group if it hadn't been for Luc, and after their falling out... She resolved herself to not get involved again once all this business was done with. All she had now was Auntie Tilly, Sig and the boys. You're never as alone as when you're among strangers.

-

At the sound of Dot12's voice sounding, she stopped and turned back. As Marcus raced forward, she unslung her rifle, checked the safety and rested it on her shoulder, better get a shot in this time before Marcus inevitably got in the way again. Her finger was on the trigger, her eye in the scope.

Readying an attack, shooting if something that isn't human comes within view or charges.

(rolled 10) BAB+2+6 dex mod, +1 distance, +1 scope, +? size mod, total of 20?

If hit, 3, 3, +1, total of 7 damage.

(And I just now realize, I've been forgetting to add BAB to my attack rolls).

Initiative of (11) +6, total of 17
« Last Edit: December 09, 2014, 01:56:01 PM by Carnegie H. Roberts »

Offline Asha

  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Journeyman
  • *
  • Posts: 82
  • I can acquire the item you seek, for a price…
    • Awards
Re: Old School
« Reply #281 on: December 10, 2014, 12:25:30 PM »
Asha turned and flattened herself against the wall, grateful for the gloom of the corridor and hoping to get a clear sight on who just interrupted the talking can opener, poised to shoot but waiting for clear identification of any targets first. Reaching over she checked the closest door to see if it was locked, hoping if it wasn't they could quickly slip inside and conceal themselves from whatever patrol or adversary was making its way towards them.

Offline Elvis

  • Hunting Dog Extraordinaire
  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 19
  • "I ain't nothin' but a hound dog..."
    • Awards
Re: Old School
« Reply #282 on: December 10, 2014, 02:14:20 PM »
Elvis growled at the sudden sounds, whirling to face their origin and lowering himself closer to the ground, tense and ready to spring, sniffing the air cautiously for any scent of the new comer, waiting for Carnegie's queue to lung forward in attack.

Offline Ayna

  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 12
  • One shot, one kill.
    • Awards
Re: Old School
« Reply #283 on: December 10, 2014, 02:17:40 PM »
With an uttered curse she dropped the rifle with an audible thud, crouching down and reading her pistol, the lack of any audible attack against the robot indicating someone had known exactly how to silence it, or was using a silenced weapon, neither of which meant they were likely friendly.

Online valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3353
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • Awards
Re: Old School
« Reply #284 on: December 10, 2014, 06:46:39 PM »
Asha found the left door near the elevator unlocked - she didn't get a chance to check the hallway doors - things were progressing too quickly for that.


Two figures and two more behind were working their way down the hallway, walking smoothly and deliberately.  One of the lead held a pistol with two hands, and a flashlight underneath cast a bright bluish light. 

They were all wearing similar bulky overalls, and full-faced helmets, and were suddenly aware of the companions.

Indicate your actions and Init rolls please. 
   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Asha

  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Journeyman
  • *
  • Posts: 82
  • I can acquire the item you seek, for a price…
    • Awards
Re: Old School
« Reply #285 on: December 10, 2014, 11:08:48 PM »
Given the killer dog came from in here, as well as the hostile cyborg janitor they had killed earlier, Asha didn't hesitate, she fired a short burst as soon as she had a clear sight picture of the first target, aiming for the lower abdomen, where armor would likely be the weakest in the pain of impact the strongest, hoping for a quick take down of the lead target, trusting her comrades would also enter attack without hesitation.

Initiative: (00:01:54) Minion: Silveressa rolls 1d20 and gets 18. +4 bonus =22
Shooting roll: (00:03:15) Minion: Silveressa rolls 1d20 and gets 10. +4 dex bonus +1 glock bonus  = 16
Moonhunter, ChaosMark, and Longspeak, in chat to witness rolls
« Last Edit: December 10, 2014, 11:09:30 PM by Asha »

Offline Elvis

  • Hunting Dog Extraordinaire
  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 19
  • "I ain't nothin' but a hound dog..."
    • Awards
Re: Old School
« Reply #286 on: December 11, 2014, 09:20:56 PM »
With a whine Elvis flinched, the sharp crack of gunshots making him quiver as he pressed himself against Carnagie scrabbling to get out from under foot.

Init: (22:06:59) Minion: Lady_Wolf rolls 1d20 and gets 10+1=11
Dodge to behind cover: (22:07:36) Minion: Lady_Wolf rolls 1d20 and gets 1.

Offline Ayna

  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 12
  • One shot, one kill.
    • Awards
Re: Old School
« Reply #287 on: December 11, 2014, 09:24:55 PM »
Ayna winced at the sudden retort of gunfire from behind her, the unexpected arrival of helmeted foes giving her a surge of adrenaline. From her crouched position she aimed and fired as well, supporting her teammates and hoping the unexpected fusillade of bullets from the darkness would force their opponents into retreat if not cut them down where they stood.

Init: (22:23:13) Minion: Lady_Wolf rolls 1d20 and gets 13+5=18
Pistol shot: (22:23:45) Minion: Lady_Wolf rolls 1d20 and gets 13+7=20
« Last Edit: December 11, 2014, 09:52:52 PM by Ayna »

Online valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3353
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • Awards
Re: Old School
« Reply #288 on: December 12, 2014, 08:38:56 AM »
All of sudden gunfire rang out.  Asha's burst of fire impacted the figure with the gun, but seemed to have no results (-4 penalty from firing a burst means only hit AC 12, which is not good enough) apart from drawing its attention.

Anya fired as well, catching the same figure and making a more noticeable impact.  (hit, 7+2 for Deadly Aim feat (I'm assuming you used it :) )

Seeing human figures, Carnegie whitened and withdrew, ducking into the elevator room, out of view.

Marcus, noticed this, and roared as he charged in close to the enemy.

He avoided the path of the gunfire and attacked the enemy nearby the pistol armed attacker, this one had a smaller, buckler like shield, and an odd metal baton line weapon.  He saw that of the two in the second rank, one held some type of submachine gun, the other a similar baton.

His ax slammed hard into his foe, tearing a massive slash in his overalls and splashing blood everywhere.  He seemed staggered but still swung at Marcus.  The baton hit, and there was a blue flash.  However, between the brevity of the contact,and Marcus's own rage, he barely noticed it (1 hp damage - save and poor damage roll)

The one standing nearby fired his pistol, the bullet cutting a furrow in Anya's cheek (Nat 20, terrible damage rolls - 4 hp total) and whizzing into the elevator room.

From the second rank, there came the staccato sound of automatic gunfire as the enemy sprayed the hallway with a hail of bullets.

Improbably, the hail of bullets missed everyone except for Elvis as he turned to follow his mistress.  A single bullet found him and with a yipe he went silent. (7 points damage, Elvis is currently at -1 and unconscious).

The fourth member attempted to also tag Marcus with his electro baton, but failed miserably.






Elvis
   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Asha

  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Journeyman
  • *
  • Posts: 82
  • I can acquire the item you seek, for a price…
    • Awards
Re: Old School
« Reply #289 on: December 12, 2014, 02:10:54 PM »
She paused for a split second while switching her Glock to single shot, trying to recall if she recognized the armor from her knowledge of history, and what, if any vulnerabilities it had before adjusting her aim, targeting the neck area of the smg wielding guards suit, hoping for the armor there to be thinner and quickly put him out of commission form the impact crushing his larynx, even if the round failed to penetrate, yelling to her friends, "Concentrate fire on the machine gunner!"

Knowledge: Acient Earth History to discern the armor type and any weaknesses: (15:01:48) Minion: Silveressa rolls 1d20 and gets 10 +4 earth history skill +3 intel bonus =17
Pistol Shot: (15:01:53) Minion: Silveressa rolls 1d20 and gets 16 + 5 =21
Pistol damage: (15:08:34) Minion: Silveressa rolls 2d6 and gets 3,5+1 =9
« Last Edit: December 12, 2014, 02:12:07 PM by Asha »

Offline Carnegie H. Roberts

  • Strolenati
  • Journeyman
  • *
  • Posts: 62
    • Awards
Re: Old School
« Reply #290 on: December 12, 2014, 02:12:55 PM »
As soon as the battle started, Carnegie threw herself into the elevator room and hunkered down in a corner, what was going on, why did they attack those two men?!

Her panicked huddle was abruptly invaded as she saw Elvis collapse to the floor, her scream of rejection rang through the gunfire and denied the reality she perceived. Laying down, she reached out and grabbed the prone dog and dragged his body inside the elevator room, leaving a trail of smeared blood.

Since he was following me, I'm gonna assume he was close enough. As a standard action I grapple him, as a move I drag him. Shouldn't need a roll since he would be considered a willing target and he's unconscious but, (15). If you need it.

Offline Ayna

  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 12
  • One shot, one kill.
    • Awards
Re: Old School
« Reply #291 on: December 15, 2014, 10:07:08 PM »
Ayna's shouted response to Asha was lost in the cacophony of gunfire as she smoothly adjusted her aim to focus on the sub machine gun wielding target, trusting Marcus coudl more than handle 2 opponents on his own in close quarters.

Strike roll (23:04:34) Minion: Lady_Wolf rolls 1d20 and gets 10+9=19
Damage Roll(23:05:56) Minion: Lady_Wolf rolls 2d6 and gets 3+3+1=7

Offline Carnegie H. Roberts

  • Strolenati
  • Journeyman
  • *
  • Posts: 62
    • Awards
Re: Old School
« Reply #292 on: December 16, 2014, 11:32:43 AM »
Carnegie looked down in panic at Elvis, laying motionless at her knees. She checked his pulse and breathing, once she was sure he was still alive, she breathed a sigh of relief and then took a deep breath, ignored the gunfire and started rummaging through her backpack. First thing's first, it was a bullet wound and since he was unconscious she better try and remove the bullet if she could. She drew her knife and took her bar of soap and ran it across the blade, then she took a bottle of cattail hooch and drenched it, she prayed it was strong enough stuff to disinfect it.

Her blade inched carefully into the wound and pried at the bullet. Once she had dug it out, she then ripped up her pre-war casual wear to make a make-shift bandage, she hoped that would be enough to stop the bleeding. She bent her head down and sat there trying to prevent the blood flow while she waited for the senseless killing to end.

(15)+6, total of 21 for heal check.


Online valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3353
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • Awards
Re: Old School
« Reply #293 on: December 16, 2014, 01:27:04 PM »
While Carnegie attended to Elvis, oblivious to the battle, it raged without her.

Marcus, full of battle fury, struck out with his axe again, but his injured opponent stepped back and his ax cleft air.  As Marcus's axe swept by him, he slashed up with his baton and struck his arm solidly  (8 points impact, plus 1 point electrical)..

Asha fired and her shot hit home - the submachine gunner jerked as her round hit him. Moments later Anya's shot stuck and he fell backwards.

The lead figure with the gun fired again, but his wild shot stuck the ceiling and ricocheted harmlessly.  Marcus took the opportunity and smashed his axe into him, slamming hard into his chest and dropping him.

The baton-wielding Guard from the second rank scooped up the dropped SMG and brought it up to fire, another flock of bullets sailing into the elevator room, making Carnagie's impromptu surgery that much more exciting.

It didn't look like Elvis was going to die now, once she got the bleeding under control. 



   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Asha

  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Journeyman
  • *
  • Posts: 82
  • I can acquire the item you seek, for a price…
    • Awards
Re: Old School
« Reply #294 on: December 17, 2014, 11:03:48 PM »
Asha gritted her teeth at the hail of lead, hoping the ricochets inside the elevator wouldn't hit Carnegie or Elvis, she took a moment ot adjust her aim and call out to the helmeted guards, "Surrender!" She paused a beat, ready to fire again if the smg wielding foe didn't drop his gun and comply.

If he doesn't immediately surrender she shoots: (00:01:11) Minion: Silveressa rolls 1d20 and gets 11+5=16
If it hits: Silveressa rolls 2d6 and gets 3,5+1 = 9

Offline Ayna

  • Apprentice
  • *
  • Posts: 12
  • One shot, one kill.
    • Awards
Re: Old School
« Reply #295 on: Yesterday at 04:57:10 AM »
Ayna gave a quick glance behind them, double checking against an unexpected flanking maneuver by the guards, although the amount of lead they were spraying from the front made it highly unlikely, still, it never hurt to check, the yelled command from Asha for their surrender making her grin at the attempt she was sure would be a waste of breath.

Machines don't surrender, they follow commands until they no longer can, and people with machine bits stuck into their skulls are like puppets, putting them out of their enslaved half-death misery is a kindness.

Without hesitation she lined her sights up on this newly armed foe and prepared to squeeze the trigger unless it decided to retreat or follow the rogues command.

If the guard zombie continues to attack I keep shooting otherwise I save bullets.
Bullet to the brain pan: (05:49:55) Minion: Lady_Wolf rolls 1d20 and gets 15+9=24
Damage for the bullet: (05:55:17) Minion: Lady_Wolf rolls 2d6 and gets 1,6+1=8

Offline Carnegie H. Roberts

  • Strolenati
  • Journeyman
  • *
  • Posts: 62
    • Awards
Re: Old School
« Reply #296 on: Yesterday at 07:31:03 AM »
Carnegie huddled up with Elvis in her lap, hunkering down with her hands grasping her head, wishing for this nightmare to end.

Using total defense, +4 to Dodge.

Online valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3353
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • Awards
Re: Old School
« Reply #297 on: Yesterday at 07:56:20 AM »
In full fury now, Marcus slashed at the guard who had zapped him, but his wild swing failed to punch through the guard's armor.

Asha should have saved her breath, for the smg-armed guard turned to fire at her.
His body language spoke of pain as the rounds from both Anya's and Asha's shots stuck him.  He didn't drop but his aim was terrible as he shot up the ceiling with another burst of rounds that stopped abruptly. The bullets ricocheted down into the elevator room, pocking the floor near Carnegie and Elvis.

The guard fighting Marcus swung wildly too, his baton swinging over Marcus's head as it sparked and crackled.

Well, for init in this battle, I have not rolled above a 9 once.  This time it is 3, so post as you will :)
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 08:00:04 AM by valadaar »
   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®