llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: How To: Graphics In Submissions  (Read 176 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Questor Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
How To: Graphics In Submissions
« on: January 24, 2015, 07:03:43 PM »
It used to be complex, it no longer is.

Click on the picture graphic and a pop-up will allow you to drag and drop you photo and/or upload it through a file browser. Additionally, you can still paste a link and hotlink from photo sites that allow it.

The graphic will be saved to a folder that is specific to you. Nobody else has access to these albums....yet.
The graphic will also be resized to a max resolution. That is hard coded and cannot be changed by you. So if you upload a huge picture, I will shrink it and make it more manageable.

ATTRIBUTION and using other people's art

First, absolutely use art that you find to enhance your submissions here. Art is awesome and we love it!

A great many artists do not have attribution requirements on their website. For the ones that do, you must follow their requirements for the usage of their art. I will uphold their requirements.

If there is no information or the art is on a random art page, then we will default to the below.

Just like our default rules for our site and using our submissions, link back to where you got it. If you know the artists name, use that as the link text. Give them the credit they deserve for creating something awesome enough that you want to show it in your submission.

Simple as that as far as I am concerned.

We will 100% respect any requests by the artist to remove it if asked.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Questor Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Re: How To: Graphics In Submissions
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2015, 07:04:57 PM »
If somebody wants to get more legal with me in regards to fair use and such, please PM. I want to keep this as simple as possible.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.