llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Wilderlands Game  (Read 20901 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Wulfhere

• Intimidator of Insolent Upstarts
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Awards
Wilderlands Game
« on: May 31, 2013, 04:11:48 PM »
I know that we've generally built our games in homegrown worlds, but would you guys be interested in a Pathfinder game set in the Judges Guild Wilderlands setting?  I'll gladly build characters for anyone who might enjoy participating but doesn't care for dealing with the complexities of the rule system.
"Nothing real can defeat us:  Nothing unreal exists."
- Buckaroo Banzai

Offline Gossamer

• Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Just kill me already...
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
Re: Wilderlands Game
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 04:25:46 PM »
I'll be the first to jump aboard that train! I would probably want you to make the char, since I've never used 3.5's rules before, and only skimmed them at best. I can tell you what I want to get out of it and you can customize it for me, I hope? Or do we do a pregen?
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Locations Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite Master Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 04:30:22 PM »
In like flynn.  I can make a char or you can pregen one for me if you would like.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Wulfhere

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 04:45:17 PM »
I'll be the first to jump aboard that train! I would probably want you to make the char, since I've never used 3.5's rules before, and only skimmed them at best. I can tell you what I want to get out of it and you can customize it for me, I hope? Or do we do a pregen?
Gossamer: Tell me what sort of character you'd like, and I'll knock one out for you.

Valadaar: Your call.  I can make one for you, or you can build your own.  I do have a weird idea for "partial point buy" of stats.
- Buckaroo Banzai

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 08:44:36 PM »
I don't know much of anything about Wilderlands, and my Pathfinder knowledge is limited, even though it's the only system I perhaps have a passing knowledge of. Nevertheless, i would love to participate if you would have me.
If i'm allowed to join in, I have some thoughts about a character I'd like to create, and i'll check it over with you through PM correspondance with you.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards 2013 System of the Year 2013 Most Quest Submissions Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Hall of Heroes 5 Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 09:32:25 PM »
If your OK with a (1...2...3...) fourth party member, count the caesars in!

I, too, have some ideas for my character, but I'd like you to do all the actual work for it. I'll discuss my character through PM. If I'm allowed in.

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline Chaosmark

• Harbringer of Segfaults
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 10:25:26 PM »
I'll take slot number five, if such a position is available.
P(A|B) = P(B|A)*P(A)/P(B)

By the power of Bayes!

Acolyte Lithil Darkheart – Level 1 Necromancer
STR: 1 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3

Current guild quest: --

Offline Wulfhere

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2013, 07:53:47 PM »
Our party so far:

1.) (Gossamer) - A canny, elven-blooded rogue originally hailing from Viridistan, the decadent City-State of the World Emperor.  She (he?) is rumored to have fled the city, hiding from sinister forces within Viridistan's ancient walls.

2.) (Shadoweagle) Exeta Fynn - This mysterious, masked alchemist has made something of a name for himself in the region, overcoming a murderous band of brigands and saving a village from poison placed in its wells.

3.) (Valadaar)

4.) (Caesar193)

5.) (Chaosmark)

I suspect that our game will open near the eastern coast of Barbarian Altanis, a peninsular realm of jungle-hidden ruins beyond the dominion of the major city-states.  Independent villages and wandering Altanian tribes each claim portions of this tropical land, but even the most powerful of local rulers would be lucky to claim a realm thirty leagues in breadth. 

Some say that the land's thousand squabbling gods have decreed this patchwork of petty princedoms and nearly powerless god-kings.  They declare that the gods will never again allow empires such as those of the ancient Orichalian Dragon Emperors, who united the lands under their rule milennia ago.  Still, the superstitious tribesmen slay any who wear the signs of Orichalian ancestry, lest their subtle magics restore the serpent-folk priests' lost power. 
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 08:22:18 PM by Wulfhere »
- Buckaroo Banzai

Offline Chaosmark

• Harbringer of Segfaults
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: June 01, 2013, 08:11:43 PM »
Do we have restrictions on available classes?
P(A|B) = P(B|A)*P(A)/P(B)

By the power of Bayes!

Acolyte Lithil Darkheart – Level 1 Necromancer
STR: 1 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3

Current guild quest: --

Offline Wulfhere

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 08:15:03 PM »
No gunslingers, as gunpowder has not been discovered in the Wilderlands.  No ninja, samurai, or other purely oriental themes.  Monks are associated with odd cults.  Psionics are restricted to particular groups (and not recommended).
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 08:39:43 PM by Wulfhere »
- Buckaroo Banzai

Offline Wulfhere

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: June 02, 2013, 12:05:38 AM »
Our party so far:

1.) (Gossamer) - A canny, elven-blooded rogue originally hailing from Viridistan, the decadent City-State of the World Emperor.  She (he?) is rumored to have fled the city, hiding from sinister forces within Viridistan's ancient walls.

2.) (Shadoweagle) Exeta Fynn - This mysterious, masked alchemist has made something of a name for himself in the region, overcoming a murderous band of brigands and saving a village from poison placed in its wells.

3.) (Valadaar)

4.) (Caesar193) - A bow-armed ranger

5.) (Chaosmark) Ren - a catfolk magus

- Buckaroo Banzai

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: June 02, 2013, 01:05:31 AM »
Name: Exeta Fynn
Alignment: Neutral Good
Race: Human
Class: Alchemist
Height: 6'

Stats
Str: 8 (-1)
Dex: 16 (+3)
Con: 13 (+1)
Wis: 9   (-1)
Int: 17  (+3)
Cha: 17 (+3)

HP: 10

Skills
Craft(Alchemy): 1 (class skill)
Knowledge(Arcana): 1 (class skill)
Knowledge(Nature): 1 (class skill)
Spellcraft: 1 (class skill)
Perception: 1 (class skill)
Swim: 1
Bluff: 1
Diplomacy: 1

Equipment (90g):

Studded Leather (25g) (+3 AC, +5 Max Dex, -1 Armor Check. 20 lbs)
Sickle (6gp) (1d6, x2 crit, 2 lbs, trip special)
50x darts (2g 50s) (1d4, x2 crit, 25 lb)

Alchemist's Kit (40gp, 24lb) (Alchemy crafting kit, backpack, bedroll, belt pouch, flint and steel, ink, inkpen, iron pot, mess kit, soap, torches, trail rations, waterskin)
Hemp rope, 50ft (1gp, 10lb)
candle (1cp)
Flour, 1lb (2cp, 1lb)
5x Iron spike (5cp,5lb)
Chalk (1cp)
Charcoal (5sp)
10x parchment (20sp)
Grappling hook (1gp, 4lb)
Pole (5cp, 8lb)
earplugs (3cp)

Feats
Weapon Finesse
Point Blank Shot

Formulae
 - Cure Light Wounds
 - Comprehend Languages
 - Bomber's Eye
 - Shield
 - True Strike

http://paizo.com/image/content/CrimsonThrone/PZO9008-PlagueDoctor.jpg

Many people know of Exeta Fynn - or at least have heard his name. The mysterious, masked alchemist has made something of a name for himself in the run-down region of Targnol. Exeta Fynn is always garbed in the same clothing day after day - Thick, blackened leather boots and thinner gloves, a long leather coat with an abundance of pockets and compartments which hold satchels of strange smelling herbs and reagents. A wide brimmed hat sits on the top of Exeta's head, and - most strikingly - a beaked, porcelain mask hides any distinguishing features of the man. It's been suggested that Exeta even sleeps with the mask on, and nobody knows what his face looks like. Exeta's voice is hollow and seems somewhat soulless, echoing within his mask. When asked why he wears such odd garbs, Exeta will explain that the chemicals and reagents he uses can be toxic, and this gear is able to defend against the fumes and protect against spillage.

Exeta Fynn built up a reputation for some years by selling his potions and tinctures to aid the locals, but he became something of a minor hero within the region after thwarting a small group of bandits whose leader tried to poison the water supply. Exeta Fynn managed to create an antidote to the poison, and he then sought out the bandits camp in the woods just outside town and managed to defeat them, reportedly using an explosive mixture of chemicals to slay them all.

Though he is still known and respected by those around him, Exeta seems to have fallen on dark times since the incident with the bandits; he often falls into fits of brooding and callousness, and some say that killing those people had changed him. He now spends most of his time studying and experimenting with his art. Exeta is still friendly and outgoing, but some say that there is a hard, unforgiving edge to him.

Exeta has been restless of late. The Alchemist has been itching to see more of the world - the road calls to him and he is ready to move on.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 05:28:49 AM by Shadoweagle »

Offline Wulfhere

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2013, 12:50:13 PM »
Things are coming along:

1.) (Gossamer) Verity L'Seoulez - A canny, elven-blooded rogue said to hail from Viridistan, the decadent City-State of the World Emperor.  One of the region’s ubiquitous smugglers has been spreading rumors that the half-elf fled the city to escape a sinister force within Viridistan's ancient walls. 

2.) (Shadoweagle) Exeta Fynn  - This mysterious, masked alchemist has made something of a name for himself in the lands near the Trident Gulf, overcoming a murderous band of brigands and saving a village from poison placed in its wells.

3.) (Valadaar) Therdamin - A dwarven priest from the Desert Lands south of the Mycretians’ Holy Cities, he carries the ibis-headed scepter common to the lorekeepers of Thoth. 

4.) (Caesar193) - A skilled archer and wilderness guide, the Halfling ranger Peregrina Letalis  is well-known among the merchants north of the Trident Gulf, often working as a hunter or caravan guard.  She travels with a massive, rangy dog, a ferocious guardian beast she raised from a pup. 

5.) (Chaosmark) Ren - A swordmaster of the catfolk clans said to inhabit the jungle’s depths, Ren is skilled in esoteric blade magics seldom seen among human folk.  Her reasons for visiting the graceless folk of the human towns have not yet been revealed.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2013, 08:20:26 PM by Wulfhere »
- Buckaroo Banzai

Offline Wulfhere

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: June 03, 2013, 06:25:24 PM »
RACES AND CULTURES OF THE WILDERLANDS
Some of these descriptions have been derived from other people’s posts in various parts of the Internet:

Alyrians
Many inhabitants of northern city-states such as the City-State of the Invincible Overlord are Alryan, with olive-toned or ruddy skin and a variety of hair colors. Descended from several cultures, these "civilized" city builders often look down on other peoples in the area, considering them ignorant savages.  Their might allows them to command tribute from the “uncultured barbarians” of surrounding regions.  Their legends are filled with tales of chivalric knights undaunted by terrible odds and heroic soldiers who sacrificed all to preserve their homes:  Sadly, very few of the city-states’ inhabitants aspire to these lofty ideals.  The Alyrian tongue is widely spoken, as it is used as a trade tongue throughout the region.

Antillians
These graceful, olive-skinned sea traders bear a reputation for cunning and ruthlessness.  Proud and vengeful, their traditional swordplay is both graceful and deadly, a fact they display at the slightest insult or disrespect.  The most pious of merchants use their wealth to purchase high positions for their children in the Church of Shang-Ta, thus guaranteeing preferential treatment for their family once they pass to their reward.  Antillians use their clothing to display their social status, their wealthy merchants wearing finely-embroidered robes in a dazzling array of colors.  They have no respect for women, seeing them as mere possessions.

Avalonians
Legends and folk tales speak of the Avalonian snow-wizards, blue-skinned dwellers in an ice-carved city hundreds of leagues to the north.  The keepers of strange magical lore, many wizards make the arduous journey to study their mysterious ice-lore.

Ghinorans
Native to the lands surrounding the dangerous Sea of Five Winds, the Ghinorans once walked the streets of mighty empires such as Kelnore and Lenap.  Typically slender and deeply tanned, Ghinorans wear simple, loose robes or tunics of linen (cotton for the wealthy), the men stripping down to loincloths in hot weather.  Despite this practicality, women wear their hair in highly ornate and fanciful arrangements, shaving areas or weaving in beads of coral and ivory.  Their clean-shaven men also wear long hair, but are seldom as self-indulgent as the women. 

Gishmesh
Brown-skinned travelers from the distant City-State of Tarantis, these people keep records of their ancestry back dating hundreds of years, tracing their bloodlines back to the wandering tribes that first settled their lands.  Ruled by warlike sultans (whose cunning stratagems and frequent betrayals have mired their land in endless conflict), the Gishmesh are known as masterful traders and treacherous pirates. 

Skandiks
The Skandiks are a proud race of raiders, Vikings, sailors, and plunderers.  Ritually birthed in the water, they are raised in the ways of the sea.  They build their towns along coastlines, using longboats to raid the surrounding areas.  Only blooded warriors are allowed to wear beards, which are a sign of manhood.  Typically fair-haired or strawberry blonde, Skandiks see dark hair as the mark of the gods’ disfavor.

Tharbrians
Horse-mounted nomads of the central Wilderlands, the Tharbrian culture is traditionally nomadic and warlike.  Despite this, many Tharbrians have settled down in cities and towns.  With tanned or ruddy skin and blue or green eyes, their hair ranges from tawny brown to black. 

Most Tharbrians believe that there is a strict code of honor in battle, and will not murder those who have fought valiantly or harm the innocent. If a Tharbrian marks an enemy as "honorable", that enemy can expect to be treated according to the Tharbrian's Chivalric code. A Tharbrian is as likely to label an enemy "dishonorable", however, and in that case all bets are off.

Amazons
Known in Northern lands as “Shield Maidens” due to their disdain for armor other than a shield, the Amazons live in a matriarchal society.  Light-haired and fair-skinned, they are often recognized by their scanty attire and imperious attitude toward men.  Some claim that the Amazons originated in the Ament Lands far to the South and have migrated, pillaged, and battled their way North over the centuries. 

Altanians
The dominant culture of Barbarian Altanis, these musclebound folk are known for their long dark hair and red-bronze skin.  Their families are organized into clans, each with an animal totem.  Altanian women control all property and finance among their tribes and villages, but many females are also renowned warriors.

Viridians
Only two “True Viridians” are reputed to remain:  The Emperor and Empress of Viridistan.  All others are “Common Viridians”, whose appearance bears little sign of the ancient sea god whom legend says blessed the inhabitants of Viridistan with his might.  Their skin bears a distinct green tint, and some are blessed with webbed fingers or toes. 

Orichalians
Reputed to be the descendants of the ancient Dragon-Kings, a few "Low" Orichalians still dwell in some isolated hamlets and secluded vales. Reputed to bear potent sorcerous gifts, they bear a purple cast to their skin, with some even growing scales.  Unfortunately, many Altanians fear such signs of supernatural ancestry, slaying such folk on sight.

All the “usual races” can be found in the Wilderlands, but there are several other peoples found there:
Cave Men
Nguak – Anthropomorphic ducks
Neamuan - cat people
Liowan - lion people
Hawk-folk
First men - ape-men with scales and two hearts
Empyreans - humans with angelic blood
Elritorn - black-skinned, purple-haired archers
Elphan - advanced cavemen
Dorin - desert-dwellers with an affinity for fire
Demonbrood - part-humans, descended from slaves of the alien Markabs
Astari - six-fingered star people
 Confed - fat, furry people
Demi-giants nine feet tall
Ghuls - who have transparent skin
Lunari - four-fingered, albino moon people
Solari - glowing sun people
Swerting - savage humans with goblin blood.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2013, 06:48:39 PM by Wulfhere »
- Buckaroo Banzai

Offline Gossamer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2013, 05:02:11 AM »
It's going to be interesting to see how you plan on tying us together. This odd bunch doesn't seem like the type of people my char would normally interact with in say, a tavern, not even the halfling girl, since she has that big dog...

Offline Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
  • "No power in the 'Verse"
  • Awards Hall of Heroes Item Guild 2012 Most Votes of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2013, 05:18:02 AM »
Perhaps it is a bit late for me to ask, but the worst thing one can do is nothing.

Would you be comfortable with another player? I've been waiting for a new forum RP to start since Sil is no longer here and we are unable to continue ToG.

Kassandra Quilldancer
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 2 | DEX: 3| CHA: 2 | INT: 2

Offline Wulfhere

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: June 04, 2013, 11:35:42 AM »
Local Geography
Viridistan
To the southwest lies decadent Viridistan, the City-State of the World Emperor.  Its grim tyrant is Emperor Hautulin Seheitt, the sinister High Priest of Armadad Bog.  Its dominance of trade brought wealth and power to this sun-drenched city, but The World-Emperor’s power has begun to wane.  Ensnared by twisted cults, the prey of vicious slavers and corrupt officials, its people are gradually sinking into vice and despair, turning to exotic drugs and debauched amusements to free their minds from the rising darkness.

Barbarian Altanis
The home of the red-skinned Altanian nomads, Barbarian Altanis lies beyond the Antillian Peninsula, east of Viridistan.  Bordered by the Castellan Mountains to the south and the Cloudwall Mountains to the east, grotesque horrors inhabit its sprawling jungles, infesting the ruins of long-forgotten cities and crawling through the tunnels of primordial labyrinths.  Here, the Altanians live a nomadic existence. 

Isles of the Blest
Far to the south of barbaric Altanis, the Isles of the Blest are reputed to hold the  remains of the ancient empire of the Orichalan Dragon Lords.  Rallu, City-State of the Sea Kings, dominates the region’s large central island.  Its many merchants and craftsmen produce goods traded throughout the region.  Rumors from the South suggest that forces from Rallu have had many tense standoffs of late with the warships of rival Tula, City of Mages.

Antil, Town of the Trade Princes
A narrow reach of land west of Altanis, the Antillian Peninsula runs south for hundreds of miles.  It is dominated by Antil, a smaller city-state of grasping merchants and cruel slavers.  Antil’s merchants pay extortionate tribute to Viridistan in exchange for the Emperor’s “protection” of their vessels.  The Antillian traders pass these withering expenses on to their customers, gouging out every possible copper bit from the hapless folk of the region.  While the price of Antil’s independence may be high, Antillian ship captains are said to know hidden paths through the treacherous rocks and shoals of nearby seas, routes that bring their goods to market more safely than other nations’ vessels.

The Trident Gulf
Controlled on the surface by the warships of Viridistan, this vast body of water is truly the domain of the merfolk kingdom of Sae Laamer, ancient allies of the Green Emperor.  They suffer the Emperor's vessels to pass, but other nations' ships sometimes fall prey to the merfolk rulers' cruel caprices.  The merfolk require tribute from all passing vessels, drawing upon awesome powers of the sea to sink those who spurn their requests.
« Last Edit: June 04, 2013, 06:39:56 PM by Wulfhere »
- Buckaroo Banzai

Offline caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards 2013 System of the Year 2013 Most Quest Submissions Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Hall of Heroes 5 Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2013, 07:54:20 PM »
Name: Peregrina Letalis

NG Small humanoid (halfling)
Init +3; Senses Perception +3

Defense
AC 18, touch 14, flat-footed 15 (+3 armor, +3 Dex, +1 shield, +1 size)
hp 13 (1d10+3)
Fort +5, Ref +6, Will +2; +2 vs. fear

Offense
Speed 20 ft.
Melee dagger +4 (1d3+2/19–20)
Ranged shortbow +5 (1d4/[XXTS]3)
Special Attacks favored enemy (humans +2)

Statistics
Str 14, Dex 16, Con 14, Int 10, Wis 12, Cha 11
Base Atk +1; CMB +2; CMD 15
Feats Point Blank Shot
Skills Acrobatics +3 (–1 jump), Climb +2, Handle Animal +4, Knowledge (geography) +4, Knowledge (local) +1, Perception +3, Ride +5, Stealth +9, Survival +5; Racial Modifiers Acrobatics+2 (-4 jump), +2 Climb, +2 Perception
Languages Common, Halfling
SQ track +1, wild empathy +1
Gear: backpack, waterskin, bedroll, canvas tarp, studded leather armor, buckler, dagger, shortbow with 20 arrows, leather barding (armor for dog), 8 gp

Dog:
Name: Geri
Breed: German Shepherd
Coloring: Black and tan, mostly black
Commands: all of the normal. Can be commanded to ATTACK (kill this person), DISARM (bring me that person's weapon), SCOUT (scout out the terrain and report back enemy locations), amongst others.
Height: 25.4 inches
Weight: 91.8 pounds

Peregrina Letalis. Halfling Ranger, with her fierce companion Geri prowling by her legs. Few know of her, of her deeds, of her might. Peregrina has not yet achieved fame.

Though she has been hired at times to guard people, Peregrina prefers either guarding merchant caravans or guiding people, to be nearer to nature and to settle her natural wanderlust. Indeed, it was while she was a guard on a caravan that she found them. Two puppies in a sack by the side of the road, probably having been dumped by some villager living nearby. Naming them Freki and Geri, she took them in and raised them.

The two dogs had a great many adventures with her, ranging from fleeing evil cultists after a Mage had paid her to guide him to the ruins the cultists had settled because he wanted to investigate the lore of the Orichalan Dragon Lords, to discovering a doppelgänger had killed and was impersonating a local mayor after Freki and Geri had told her that the doppelgänger smelt different. Both Freki and Geri had saved her life many times over, while she in turn had saved their lives.

A year before the present, Peregrina had been guarding a merchant caravan. The riches burdening the carts apparently outweighed the risks because a group of bandits had ambushed them. A hail of arrows darkened the sky for but a moment before burying themselves deep within their target's flesh. And then, with a primal scream, the bandits charged.

Peregrina and her two dogs brought down several targets. But then one bandit had gotten a lucky hit from behind, and had knocked Peregrina's bow out of her hands. She quickly turned and planted her dagger deep within the bandit's neck. With a spurt of blood, the man died.

Another bandit, armed with a bow, was aiming for her. Knowing she had no time to either retrieve her bow or dagger to deal with this new threat, she gave the command for Freki to attack the bandit. Freki had leaped in a deadly arc of black and tan, and had latched his teeth onto the bandit's bow-arm. The bandit had screamed and had dropped a bow. But then the bandit had drawn a dagger with his free hand.

"NO!" Screamed Peregrina as the dagger turned into a steel blur. "No," Peregrina whispered as she heard the thud of the body hitting the ground, the joy in the bandit's short laugh begotten from his survival, and the slapping of the bandit's feet as they fled with the caravan's money.

She staggered to the body of her fallen friend. Freki gave a piteous whine, gazed deep into her eyes, and died.

She first commanded Geri to guard the corpse- a task her last friend would have performed anyway. She gathered her bow, her arrows, and her dagger. She then went to the head merchant and informed him that she would be gone for a couple days. She cut a single whorl of hair from Freki's body, and buried him on the side of the road. She engraved a rock to serve as a tombstone. At that brief, roadside funeral, Peregrina shed the last tears she would ever shed. And then she nodded to Geri, and they disappeared into the jungle, following the trail of the bandits.

She was not seen for a fortnight. Some of the merchants and guards claimed that this was because she wanted the bandits to suffer both mentally and physically. Other claimed that tracking down and slaughtering the bandits that fled took some time.

Whatever the case, when Peregrina returned to the caravan, she dumped all the money that the caravan had lost in a pile in the middle of camp, as well as all the extra loot she had gotten. Save for one thing: a gold locket. She put the whorl of Freki's hair into the locket, clasped it shut, and hung it from her neck.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2013, 06:31:52 AM by caesar193 »

caesar193
LEVEL SEVEN
Dwarf-level one

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2013, 08:41:42 PM »
Looking good, Caesar! Peregrina's disdain for bandits may mesh well with Exeta!

Offline Gossamer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: June 05, 2013, 09:43:02 AM »
Verity L'Seoulez
Age - Looks to be in his midtwenties(though one can never tell with elven blooded people)
Height - 5'8" (1.75m)
Weight - 139 Ib

http://24.media.tumblr.com/00b94978be83580e0711f1e4ce62aec4/tumblr_mk8v3sfHus1r95cwwo1_500.jpg

Male half-elf rogue 1
N Medium humanoid (elf, human)
Init +4 (+2); Senses low-light vision; Perception +7

Defense
AC 17, touch 14, flat-footed 13 (+3 armor, +4 Dex)
hp 9 (1d8+1)
Fort +0(-4), Ref +6, Will +1; +2 vs. enchantments

Offense
Speed 30 ft.
Melee short sword +4 (1d6–1/19–20) or dagger +4 (1d4–1/19–20)
Ranged hand crossbow +4 (1d4/19–20) or dagger +4 (1d4–1/19–20)
bolts (10)
Special Attacks sneak attack +1d6

Statistics
Str 9 (-1)
Dex 18 (+4)
Con 10(4) (-4)
Int 10 (+0)
Wis 12 (+1)
Cha 16 (+3)
Base Atk +0; CMB –1; CMD 13
Feats Skill Focus (Bluff), Weapon Finesse
Skills Bluff +10, Diplomacy +7, Disable Device +6, Disguise +7, Knowledge (local) +4, Perception +7, Sleight of Hand +8, Stealth +7; Racial Modifiers +2 Perception
SQ trapfinding +1, elf blood

Trait
Elven Reflexes (+2 trait bonus to Initiative)

Gear studded leather, short sword, 3 daggers, caltrops, signet ring, disguise kit, thieves' tools, 50 ft. silk rope and grappling hook, backpack, waterskin, 3 days' trail rations, bedroll, traveler's outfit, scroll case, 5 sheets parchment, ink, ink pen, 6 gp

artisan's outfit, peasant's outfit, entertainer's outfit, invisible ink (good), chalk(one stick), belladonna, smokestick, courtier's outfit, oil (lamp)

A charismatic and chatty fellow, who enjoys the company of beautiful and/or impressive people. However there's an edge to that smile, and woe to anyone standing in his path. He has a somewhat philosopichal yet practical outlook on life, if he wasn't in such a predicament, he would be aptly described as happy-go-lucky.

By his own account, he is being chased by the mysterious grey hunters, and thus in self-proclaimed exile from his former homecity of Viridistan. But he seems in no hurry to return there anyways. He has a slight accent, making some of his s's sound like z's.

There's an air about him, that makes it seem like he is in complete control, and always knows what he's doing, and even if he doesn't, he's good at improvising. Very few people have ever heard about him, and he preferes to keep it that way, lest he draws the attention of the hunters.

He has an inkling of magical talent innate, but so far without training, he can barely do a reliable parlor trick.

He's not used to working with a group though, and while friendly, he is slow to trust anyone.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 02:41:20 PM by Gossamer »

Offline Gossamer

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: June 05, 2013, 09:45:21 AM »
Looking good, Caesar! Peregrina's disdain for bandits may mesh well with Exeta!

I dunno SE, her favored enemies are humans. :P

Offline caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: June 05, 2013, 10:11:36 AM »
I care nothing for bandits. They're just people trying to get somewhere in the world, pushed out by society, and forced to kill to keep some food in their bellies. I only kill them because I'm hired to kill them, and I too need to keep food in my belly. It's only when they consider touching my dog that they die in a blood-soaked rampage.

caesar193
LEVEL SEVEN
Dwarf-level one

Offline Wulfhere

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2013, 01:42:00 PM »
For your information:
If you wish, you may choose to stay in a decent (but only just) travelers’ inn near the shore, the Golden Trident.  Its proprietors are a hugely-obese fellow named Neketh al’Karid and his much younger wife Larrisa.  (She makes no secret of her hope that her “beloved husband” passes soon and leaves her the inn, but otherwise treats him with perfect courtesy.)  Both the innkeeper and his wife bear strong Viridian traits, with greenish skin and webbed hands.

A couple of characters may have contact with the Shah’s physician, Valnetor Dreimond, a skilled alchemist known for his generosity and kindness.  He would particularly like to meet Therdamin and Exeta, as fellow scholars are few in the hinterlands of the Empire.  He would certainly invite them to enjoy the comforts of the Shah's stronghold at the first opportunity, instead of a common inn.
« Last Edit: June 06, 2013, 01:48:53 PM by Wulfhere »
- Buckaroo Banzai

Offline Wulfhere

• Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2013, 05:19:54 PM »
Answers to one player's questions:

On which board are we going to post? In the chapters?
- Post your "moves" on the Chapters Board:  We'll use the OOC board for background information and side discussions.

Is there anything we should know before we start?
- While we get settled in, feel free to add places and NPCs that help your character integrate.  We'll gradually get a feel for the area.  Don't hesitate to ask me questions!

It would seem like not every player is ready yet, do we start anyways?
- We're 80% ready.  I haven't dealt with one important detail (Languages: Also, PCs will get a bonus trait if they're not literate)  I figure we can start the ball rolling:  By the time we pick up speed, we'll all be ready.

- Buckaroo Banzai

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Locations Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite Master Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2013, 06:20:28 PM »
Therdamin
Male dwarf cleric of Thoth 1
LN Medium humanoid (dwarf)
Init -1; Senses Perception +3

Defense
AC 14, touch 9, flat-footed 14 (+5 armor, -1 Dex)
(+4 dodge vs. giants)
hp 10 (1d8+2)
Fort +3, Ref -1, Will +5; +2 vs. poison, spells, and spell-like abilities;

Offense
Speed 20 ft.

Melee quarterstaff +1 (1d6+1)

Special Attacks channel positive energy 3/day (DC 10, 1d6), hand of the acolyte (6/day), +1 on attack rolls against goblinoid and orc humanoids

Domain Spell-Like Abilities (CL 1st; concentration +4)
At Will -lore keeper (19)
Cleric Spells Prepared (CL 1st; concentration +4)
1st bless, protection from evil, comprehend languages
0 (at will) detect magic, light, prestidigitation
D Domain spell; Domains Knowledge, Magic

Statistics
Str 12, Dex 8, Con 12, Int 17, Wis 16, Cha 11
Base Atk +0; CMB +1; CMD 10 (14 vs. bull rush, 14 vs. trip)
Feats Breadth of Experience
Skills Heal +7, Knowledge (history) +9, Knowledge (religion) +9, Sense Motive +7, Spellcraft +7; Racial Modifiers Acrobatics (-4 jump), +2 Appraise non-magical metals or gemstones+2 Perception unusual stonework
SQ aura
Other Gear scale mail, quarterstaff

Sling, 10 Sling stones    1 sp
Backpack      2gp
Map Case (stuffed with notes, handwritten maps and the like)   1gp
4 Sheets paper      1.6 gp
50' Silk rope      10gp
Healers kit      50 gp

5 gp, 3 sp

No one would call Therdamin outgoing, being quite insular as dwarves are wont to be. He is not indifferent, merely distracted. The world holds so many wonders that it is difficult for him to focus long enough to be a good conversationalist.

He is fascinated by the world in general and is very bookish. He sees order in all things and loves uncovering the patterns behind all things, be it the flying patterns of birds, or how sun scatters through glass.  He has a talent for healing, both with Thoth's blessing and with pure knowledge of the subject.

He has not experienced much of the world outside of his clan's enclave in Viridistan, and was quite happy to receive Valnetor's letter.  He had infrequent correspondence with the healer, having shared an interest in an obscure period of Viridistani history.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®