llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Druid Call  (Read 3431 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Svyel

• Adept
    • Awards
Druid Call
« on: August 02, 2003, 01:08:07 PM »
OOC: This is my first so please tell me if I do something wrong.

Intro:
In the middle of a lost forest, out in the middle of nowhere, a strange call is made that can only be heard by the empathic powers of all druids. the strange calling beckons the druids towards it.

Start:
Svyel sits on the roof of his favourite building.
He is a druid so one would think he would spend his time in a small dwelling in a forest some where. But he was born into a city. He felt a strange connection with the trees and nature buit he felt a strange connection to the city too. He is eccentric practically all the time. During this time he occasionally feels mischevious so his agility and sneakyness is quite impresive because he sneaks into buildings and hides things or steals them. (If he really needs it)
He stares into the forest from the roof enjoying the cool night air. While sitting there peacefully his mind rings with the calling. The strangest part was that there was not a single word in the calling.

OOC: I'm not allowed on the net except on weekends so responses might be late. Sorry
There is a fine line between genius and madness. I'm dancing on it.

Offline Dimensification

• Journeyman
    • http://www.dvvideo.net/paradox/
    • Awards
Druid Call
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2003, 10:16:28 AM »
~The man dressed in the dark blue cloak lifts his head as he leaps from tree to tree, the call dwelling within him in the very recesses of his mind, as though he were being beckoned, yet without reason. He'd studied many forms of magic, but had tossed it away long ago...Now, he hears the call, and then changes his direction of "where the wind goes" to "the call of the wild."~
"I hear the trumpet calling..." [/u][/color]

Offline Svyel

• Adept
    • Awards
Druid Call
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2003, 03:10:40 AM »
The call rings through Svyel's mind. He attempts to force his empathy back through to the source to communicate.
The only effect is that he is knocked off his feet.
"I'm not doing that EVER again!" he mutters as he analysis how close he was to falling off of the roof.
He slinks down a gutter pipe to the dusty street below. At first he is tempted to run off towards the calling. Suddenly reason smashes him in the head like a brick of lead. "Supplies..."
He hopped off towards a general store. As Svyel nears the store he rumages through his pockets for anything but to no avail. There were 2 options. Steal stuff or barter.
He made a route towards the richer area of the city. Sliding into 6 of the houses he stole 1 or 2 things that won't be missed and can be easily replaced.
After shopping he ventured a small way into the forest with a sack of food and 2 torches. While resting he began working a branch into a staff.

Offline Shandra

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Druid Call
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2003, 08:20:14 PM »
As Athenia walked in the wind she knew it was calling.  She hadn't heard this voice in many centuries.  Being half-elf half-druid she had walked many years gaining experience from all she saw.  But being a half-breed she felt she could fit in nowhere and hearing the all she thought it must be a sign.  She shifted her neat empty pack.  She knew she needed to summon more items...but maybe she could do it the regular way, after all summoning things always drains my energy.  Decided, she walked briskly through the woods toward the nearest berry patch.
OOC: I'm pretty new at this too and I just joined so sry if I mess up.
Whispers in the dark...glowing eerie eyes...the swish of wings upon the air...I'm not alone...

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Druid Call
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2003, 10:12:58 PM »
OOC: A druid is not a race. It is a proffesion. So you could be a full blooded elf and still be a druid. Druids use nature magic.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Svyel

• Adept
    • Awards
Druid Call
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2003, 01:23:04 AM »
Svyel sat there admiring his new staff. (Badly made though) He heard a faint rustling a few meters off. Readying his staff for attack he pushed his way through the bushes. There he noticed an elf.
"Hello." he chirped as he hopped up to her, noticing that she was collecting berries.
"May I help?" He chanted as he fell o his knees and grabbed a handful of berries.

Offline Dimensification

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Druid Call
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2003, 03:09:04 AM »
~Strange it were as the three going so far had been drawn so close to the same path. As he went from tree to tree, making his leaps and his catches, he heard the far off yelp of Syvel. Wih that he turned his head and moved closer to where he'd heard it from. Many yards away he spots the two, barely being able to see their shapes through the leaves...Yet he looks at them, his head tilting to the side with a bit of a smirk.~

Offline Shandra

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Druid Call
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2003, 10:04:59 AM »
OOC: not necessarily some druids are actually creatures...at least in other places I've role-played at.....
Whispers in the dark...glowing eerie eyes...the swish of wings upon the air...I'm not alone...

Offline Svyel

• Adept
    • Awards
Druid Call
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2003, 06:40:42 AM »
Svyel sits and stares at Athenia waiting for a reply. (Grins sheepishly  :lol: )
Becoming nervous by her silence he begins nibbling on grapes.

He has not noticed the smirking spy.

Offline Shandra

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Druid Call
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2003, 11:17:52 AM »
Athenia looked up, "Oh i'm so sorry I've just been having an argument in my head.""Of course you can help me gather berries I need all the help I can get."

Offline Svyel

• Adept
    • Awards
Druid Call
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2003, 06:07:25 PM »
Svyel smiles at Athenia and then stares at the berry bush. Muttering under his breath he concentrates on the berries. Trying to spell them to grow quicker, he accidentally meeses the spell up and the berry bush grabs hold of him and pulls him into it. Just his feet are sticking out.
"Woah!!11! Not again!!" he shouts in frustration.

Offline Dimensification

• Journeyman
    • Awards
Druid Call
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2003, 09:30:17 AM »
~He chuckles to himself quite audibly to see the druid mistake a simple spell for quite a stronger one. He steps closer along the branch, shimmying his way to see better at them...~

Offline Shandra

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Druid Call
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2003, 12:21:01 PM »
Athenia smiles, recognizing the spell.  Instead of doing the much easier counterspell she decides to have a little fun.  She quickly says the words for a levitation spell and Svyel comes up from the raging bush.  "Now let's do some real berry-picking,"Athenia said after lowering Svyel and quieting the bush.

Offline Svyel

• Adept
    • Awards
Druid Call
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2003, 05:24:43 AM »
Svyel grins then almost immediatly focuses on the point that he heard a chortle.
"Come out of there or tis tree will have a snack." He says threatiningly pointing at the tree the spy is in.
(While doing so he picks a berry out of his ear and nose)

Offline Shandra

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Druid Call
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2003, 07:08:46 AM »
Athenia smiles quickly, cursing herself that she was caught off guard, and also trusted this person so quickly...then again who knows....Athenia decides that if she played along she might win some careful information.  Athenia smiles and looks carelessly around saying, "Yes do ocme out, after all you might like some berries too." She smiled charmingly at Svyel,"I'm very glad you detected that spy hwo knew what he oculd've done to us while we were sitting here picking."

Offline Svyel

• Adept
    • Awards
Druid Call
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2003, 04:37:41 AM »
Svyel grins while staring ahead into the tree. Staring eagerly after the shadowy form. "As much as I enjoy sneaking around, I don't like being snuck up upon."
He briefly glances at Athenia suspiciously. Her body langauge is kinda strange.
"Oh yes. I'm Svyel."

Offline Svyel

• Adept
    • Awards
Druid Call
« Reply #16 on: August 25, 2003, 04:44:43 AM »
OOC: The game hasn't ended yet yaknow