llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Own system/world.  (Read 287 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Master
  • #KeepFlyin
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2012 Most Votes of the Year
    • Awards
Own system/world.
« on: May 13, 2013, 07:03:26 AM »
I've been wanting to create my own world and corresponding ruleset for quite some time now. Not being a great fan of the rules that are already out there, some of them being overly complex, others requiring you to have an abundance of roleplaying paraphenalia.

Chatting with Gossamer helped me find this section (I remembered that a "own world" section existed, just couldn't find it, hidden in plain sight and all that), I'd like to request my own sub-section, or whatever it is called.

I don't want to start another submission, only for it to be abandoned. I'd much rather piece by piece and with time add things to the forum which I can then turn into submissions when they are ready.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2013, 07:14:07 AM by Kassy »

Kassandra Quilldancer
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 2 | DEX: 3| CHA: 2 | INT: 2
"Apprentice Scribe and Priestess of Procrastination"
Resting

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Re: Own system/world.
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2013, 10:54:57 AM »
The world is not built in a day, nor is a child board. :)

What typically is the MO of world builders that get their own forum is to start your threads like you are making them in your own forum and put the [World Name] in brackets like that in the subject line of the new thread you create.

You can create as many threads as you want. When you have a good chunk and it is moving forward, we create the board and gather your beautiful offspring into the fold and lay them gently there.

A second way to do this is in the main Citadel. We have a mysterious thing called "Regions" that are only visited by the most bravest warriors. Valadaar has been stomping around there lately and has found some issues which proves it is still in alpha/beta stages. But it needs more use in order to pull my attention towards with greater urgency. Are you the one that sounds the horn? Are you the one that joins valadaar in his mystic quest of exploring the regions?

In order to gain access to this long forgotten and dangerous location you must use the same freetext for all the subs that belong to that world. Upon the day when the Strolenati deem you worthy, the magic click of acceptance will gather your subs with freetext and compile them through the magic of Algor Ithm and plant them inside your chosen title. Henceforth, you will have your own region that gathers your glorious subs into a organization worthy of a librarian and gives a table of contents to those that visit.

So forums or regions. Both take some work to get and it sounds like you have a bottom up plan to work in the forum and promote them to the Citadel. A worthy plan and commend you for it!

So write away and once you get a few threads going you will be granted a forum of your own to live and work in.

(We did have a post count rule for it somewhere, just can't find the d**n thing so we will wing it. I would expect at least 5 different threads with a solid foundation of content. Otherwise I would have to give a new board to most everybody that has an idea for a world.)

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Master
  • #KeepFlyin
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2012 Most Votes of the Year
    • Awards
Re: Own system/world.
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2013, 07:44:10 AM »
The world is not built in a day, nor is a child board. :)

What typically is the MO of world builders that get their own forum is to start your threads like you are making them in your own forum and put the [World Name] in brackets like that in the subject line of the new thread you create.

You can create as many threads as you want. When you have a good chunk and it is moving forward, we create the board and gather your beautiful offspring into the fold and lay them gently there.

A second way to do this is in the main Citadel. We have a mysterious thing called "Regions" that are only visited by the most bravest warriors. Valadaar has been stomping around there lately and has found some issues which proves it is still in alpha/beta stages. But it needs more use in order to pull my attention towards with greater urgency. Are you the one that sounds the horn? Are you the one that joins valadaar in his mystic quest of exploring the regions?

In order to gain access to this long forgotten and dangerous location you must use the same freetext for all the subs that belong to that world. Upon the day when the Strolenati deem you worthy, the magic click of acceptance will gather your subs with freetext and compile them through the magic of Algor Ithm and plant them inside your chosen title. Henceforth, you will have your own region that gathers your glorious subs into a organization worthy of a librarian and gives a table of contents to those that visit.

So forums or regions. Both take some work to get and it sounds like you have a bottom up plan to work in the forum and promote them to the Citadel. A worthy plan and commend you for it!

So write away and once you get a few threads going you will be granted a forum of your own to live and work in.

(We did have a post count rule for it somewhere, just can't find the d**n thing so we will wing it. I would expect at least 5 different threads with a solid foundation of content. Otherwise I would have to give a new board to most everybody that has an idea for a world.)

Firstly, I'm quoting this because I can. And because it's filled with wisdom.

So I shall go forth and spam this section with the innards of mine mind. Mucho graciás to you, signoré.

Kassandra Quilldancer
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 2 | DEX: 3| CHA: 2 | INT: 2
"Apprentice Scribe and Priestess of Procrastination"
Resting