Poll

Do you think Saddam will leave Iraq?

Yes
1 (11.1%)
No
8 (88.9%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Voting closed: March 19, 2003, 07:13:27 PM

Author Topic: Do you think Saddam will leave Iraq?  (Read 11090 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #75 on: July 25, 2005, 11:12:02 PM »
So...
We've been in Iraq a while...
Saddam stayed.

Any new opinions on this issue?
I'm all for another political discussion (translation: I love to get riled up).
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Golden Creator Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: August 03, 2005, 12:30:10 PM »
You must looove flame wars CaptainPenguin :)

Well, I am fairly convinced Saddam will stay in Iraq :p

How can anyone have an opinion on Iraq anyhow? It is all so fogged up because of the media, hearsay, propaganda, propaganda, and some more propaganda, that we don't know a thing about what is really happening down there anyway.  Now we COULD go down have look for ourselves, but I'd rather stay home and spend some time drinking cappucchino :)

Nah, nevermind that. I am intrigued about the situation of today, because it really looks like those moslems are going to pack some punch after all. Here in europe bombs blast through our capitals and now we wait for Rome and Copenhagen to go boom. Even here in frigid norway 5% of our population are immigrants and most of those are moslems from pakistan, and those guys have a certain reputation for being extremistic. Perhaps they are going to bury some of us too, we must wait and see I guess.

Meanwhile there is no end to the rebellion/guerilla war in Iraq and the death toll recently rose above 1800 slain US soldiers. The Shiites have even become uncharacteristically defiant and has begun attacking the British in the Basra region, which is a bad omen indeed. Iran is resuming its nuclear program and Uzbekistan has ejected the US from its airbases.

Can anyone pass me the popcorn? Let us witness the events as they unfold :) (slightly sarcastic comment about the media coverage of the war and so on and so forth)
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: August 03, 2005, 02:17:10 PM »
There have been hints from the Pentagon that they may be laying down the structure for removing U.S. troops within two years.

Sounds good to me.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: August 03, 2005, 02:18:51 PM »
First things first, we should light the flamethrower. :whoosh:

There, that's taken care of.

Is Saddam going to leave Iraq, no. No one is going to be deporting him to another country as the worst of his crimes have been propigated against his own Iraqi people. The nation of Iran is next in line because of the eight year long war between the two countries. Saddam used chemical weapons in that war also. He is going to buried in Iraq. Don't know when, but that is the way it will turn out.

I can't stand the media. All of the advertising strategems I learned in speech class are all to painfully obvious in the news media. BIG NUMBERS grab the peoples attention, shouting things about the ever increasing death toll. 1800 US servicemen is a large number. How many Iraqi have died since the invasion. How many people understand that the term "Security Contractor" means MERCENARY, you know soldiers of fortune, hired guns, etc etc etc. They don't count towards that 1800 dead.

Opposite of BIG NUMBERS is the politcal spin small numbers. Al Queda's leadership is less than 200. We Americans can take pictures of license plates from space, hit comets with space probes, which seems about like shooting a fastball out of the air with a rifle two blocks away. We're on it! thay say. Bah! Lies.

INTERACTIVE OBJECTS - you know, stamps and shiny foil stickers that you put on an envelope, they look pretty and draw you into an advertising campaign. How about the Threat Alert Level, arent all of those colors neat? I only know that one is orange and I could give a rat's ass about it all. We've elevated the threat level to fushia, thereby doing something, which makes everyone feel better. Why are we such suckers for this crap?

The BANDWAGON, a personal favorite. Do you have the coolest ring-tone on your flip phone? Man, everyone has flip phones with the new Fat Joe song polyphonic, well except the 3.6 million people in Niger, which is the 2nd most destitute country in the world. (There are those fancy numbers again, and those bastards on the news wouldn't tell me who number 1 was.) We are going to support the president, and fight the war, and piss the rest of the world off, or we are going to let the 50.5% of conservatives, republicans, and evangelicals do so. If you don't support the war, you're with the terrorists. BANDWAGON! Bulls**t.

OUTRAGEOUS CLAIMS - biggest, best, strongest, new, improved, maximum strength! Come on, if it was really MAXIMUM STRENGTH aspirin, they would come 1 to a bottle cost three times as much and would be behind the counter. Find out how much it would take to kill me, then bump it down a notch, that's maximum strength. Big tanks, shock and awe, the photo clip of the bomber carpet bombing a test range in the southwest, dozens of our service men moving in really spiffy tactical maneauvers with hand signs, shouting, and lots of gunfire. I mean, how can those dirty A-Rabs stand up to the biggest economy in the world, most advanced military, most triggerhappy...

THe only path i've not seen used is sex appeal. Maybe the Abu Graib scandal was a way to sell the way to BD/SM and gays? I doubt it, but if there was a way to put a scantily clad woman in Iraq with an M-60 assault rifle gunning down terrorists in super slow motion so that the semi-comatose back in the states could watch the recoil of the muzzleblast ripple through the tissue of her breasts, again in slow motion without offending the painfully puritanical religious right, it would be on TV.

Well, there is one improvement. Before the war on terror and 9/11, we were getting hostile with the Russians over a Ballistic Missle defence system, missles to shoot down missles. Good apocalypse, and post apocalypse movies start off like that, and it only takes a few minutes for the nukes to start flying and civilization to plummet straight to hell. With the terrorists, we got a long drawn out struggle with no real borders, and no real defining moments. Take down one leader, another rises in his place. Maybe the russians are looking at us now and laughing, because they had the same problem in Afghanistan and it took them 10 years to give up that fight. We've been in this one for 2.

I think that will wrap up my little rant. I've got my opinion and my beliefs such as they are, and a big flamethrower. I'm not afraid to use any of them.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Golden Creator Elite Systems Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: August 03, 2005, 03:01:29 PM »
Quote from: "Scrasamax"
well except the 3.6 million people in Niger, which is the 2nd most destitute country in the world. (There are those fancy numbers again, and those bastards on the news wouldn't tell me who number 1 was.)

This list gives you all the numbers you need: http://hdr.undp.org/reports/global/2004/pdf/hdr04_HDI.pdf

As you can see Sierra Leone is the most destitute country in the world. I guess my pampered nation, where you can elect to permanently surf the web (sponsored by the state... It is called welfare), tops a number of those statistics.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: August 03, 2005, 04:01:54 PM »
America was the first nation in the world where the poor were fat.

Offline manfred

• His Manic Majesty, blesseth by Mathom
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: August 24, 2005, 03:07:03 AM »
It is a joke, but... it just belongs into this debate. :)

A Modest Proposal for Iran

Promises to solve many of the world's problems at once - simply install Saddam into Iran.
Do not correct me, I know I am wrong.