Idea Guild > Sagely Advice

A better name for Bugbears

<< < (2/2)

Gossamer:
Am I the only one that have looked at the name bugbear and thought, man that's a dumb name?
Maybe should just write it down to there being so few people on now.

Anyways, was looking for synonyms for bugbear, found loup-garou. Apparently it just means werewolf but...

Gargoblin.

Goblin, hobgoblin, gargoblin.... I dunno. It sounds a bit... *sigh* I dunno.

valadaar:
I don't think I've every used them enough for it to matter to me what their name was.

The bigger monster then hobgoblin for me was generally Ogres. Quite the jump from 1+1 to 4+3.

Gossamer:

--- Quote from: valadaar on April 11, 2013, 01:46:07 PM ---I don't think I've every used them enough for it to matter to me what their name was.

--- End quote ---

Yeah, that's just me getting stuck on details I guess. But y'know what they say...the uh...proof is in the pudding? No...Something about details being important though. Details make the...design/difference....I dunno, something. It kinda breaks the immersion y'know. "Dear Pelor! What is that hairy drooling monster charging us?" "Oh that? That's a bugbear." "...A...bugbear?" "Yeah..." (Long awkward silence ensues).

I've been kinda wanting to have a bugbear crimelord in my game, but I haven't been able to find a picture with a well dressed smart looking one. And of course, the whole issue about the name.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version