Extraneous Voices of Picayune > Citadel Tavern

Post to Comment Ratio

<< < (2/4) > >>

Dossta:

--- Quote from: Dozus on March 18, 2013, 09:32:16 PM --->What is your post to comment ratio?

1124 posts, 600 comments.

--- End quote ---

Pretty sure he was asking for the number of submissions here, not forum posts . . . right?   :?

Dozus:

--- Quote from: Dossta on March 19, 2013, 08:02:11 AM ---
--- Quote from: Dozus on March 18, 2013, 09:32:16 PM --->What is your post to comment ratio?

1124 posts, 600 comments.

--- End quote ---

Pretty sure he was asking for the number of submissions here, not forum posts . . . right?   :?

--- End quote ---
In that case, 45 subs to 600 comments, or 9:120.

Dossta:

--- Quote from: axlerowes on March 18, 2013, 06:20:06 PM ---What is your post to comment ratio?

--- End quote ---
36 subs, 555 comments = 15.4 comments/sub

--- Quote from: axlerowes on March 18, 2013, 06:20:06 PM ---What should it be?  4 comments for every post, 10 comments for every post, how many of those comments are on your own material.

--- End quote ---
I made 81 comments on my own material, but most of those are update notifications and replies to other comments.  I don't think they count towards the 555 total on my profile page.  As a general rule, whenever I submit a sub I try to comment on every other post on the front page as well.  At the very least, this should net me about 10 comments per submission as a bare minimum.  I think that's pretty fair.

--- Quote from: axlerowes on March 18, 2013, 06:20:06 PM ---Do you come here to write or to read?

--- End quote ---
Both.  Writing is my first passion, but I understand the pain that comes from writing a sub that gains very little attention.  So even if I'm not currently looking for material to use in a game, I do my best to read and comment on other people's work -- especially those subs which have fewer than three comments.

--- Quote from: axlerowes on March 18, 2013, 06:20:06 PM ---Are you equal part fan and creator?

--- End quote ---
No idea.  There are some authors here whose work I follow, but I doubt I've read everything by one person.  Strolenites are just so darn prolific!

--- Quote from: axlerowes on March 18, 2013, 06:20:06 PM ---How do you feel about critics who don't post?

--- End quote ---
It bothers me, but not that much.  I don't like getting votes without comments, in any situation.

--- Quote from: axlerowes on March 18, 2013, 06:20:06 PM ---Or posters who by the very nature of their posting expect more attention than they are giving others?

--- End quote ---
I'm assuming you're talking about people who write extremely lengthy submissions, or large numbers of submissions without commenting very often on other peoples' work (or leaving only votes).  This is definitely a pet peeve.  If I see a lot of recent posts from an author but few if any comments from them, I tend to start skipping over their stuff when it comes up on the front page.

MysticMoon:

--- Quote from: axlerowes on March 18, 2013, 06:20:06 PM ---What is your post to comment ratio?

--- End quote ---

31:498

--- Quote from: axlerowes on March 18, 2013, 06:20:06 PM ---What should it be?  4 comments for every post, 10 comments for every post, how many of those comments are on your own material.

--- End quote ---

It should be nothing. I find that a meaningless concept. I write when I can and read/comment by the same criteria; I speak when I have something to say. Sometimes I write more and sometimes I read more. I enjoy immersing myself in my own and others' creativity. My only regret is not writing and reading more.

--- Quote from: axlerowes on March 18, 2013, 06:20:06 PM ---Do you come here to write or to read?

--- End quote ---

I come here to revel in creativity. Sometimes that's sharing my work. Sometimes it's being fascinated by the work of others. Sometimes it's just to hang out in chat and be silly (but in a creative way.)

--- Quote from: axlerowes on March 18, 2013, 06:20:06 PM ---Are you equal part fan and creator?

--- End quote ---

I have no idea what this means.

--- Quote from: axlerowes on March 18, 2013, 06:20:06 PM ---How do you feel about critics who don't post?

--- End quote ---

I appreciate their participation to the level they are comfortable with. In fact, I would love to see more of the Barbarian Horde make accounts and comment on the stuff they use, even if they never write a single sub.

--- Quote from: axlerowes on March 18, 2013, 06:20:06 PM ---Or posters who by the very nature of their posting expect more attention than they are giving others?

--- End quote ---

Meh.

axlerowes:

--- End quote ---

It should be nothing. I find that a meaningless concept. I write when I can and read/comment by the same criteria; I speak when I have something to say. Sometimes I write more and sometimes I read more. I enjoy immersing myself in my own and others' creativity. My only regret is not writing and reading more.

[/quote]

What about voting, is voting an important part of the site? A part of the creative process?   Is it rude to read something and not vote or not comment?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version