Extraneous Voices of Picayune > Citadel Tavern

Post to Comment Ratio

<< < (4/5) > >>

Shadoweagle:
Thought you'd bring that up. i did say already admit that I had said that, Axle:

--- Quote ---Though I already have said I sometimes force myself into writing up comments when I don't feel like it, it's not a common thing for me to do.
--- End quote ---

Do you think that perhaps I was exaggerating, or do you really think that the greatest shame I have in my life is that I don't always make comments on a website? I WISH my life was so shame-free!

I am not a debater. I do not like debating. I knew I was going to regret making a comment in this thread, so my bad.

I don't care if sometimes what i say may contradict previously posted things. My comments stand unaltered and without justification, nor do I need to justify myself. I feel what I have said still makes sense. Take from it what you will or ignore it; i'm finished with this conversation. :)

Murometz:
axle, stop bothering Shadoweagle :P

This is an information gathering thread. I salute it. But let's not get into  philosophy and psychology  :wink:

Scrasamax:

--- Quote ---What is your post to comment ratio?
--- End quote ---

728/3472 or 1/4.75

--- Quote ---What should it be?  4 comments for every post, 10 comments for every post, how many of those comments are on your own material.

--- End quote ---

I am satisfied with a minimum of 3 comments on a post, 4 if there are Vote Only comments

--- Quote ---Do you come here to write or to read?
--- End quote ---

Write

--- Quote ---Are you equal part fan and creator?
--- End quote ---

Creator

--- Quote ---How do you feel about critics who don't post?
--- End quote ---

I'm fine with them. We could use more.

--- Quote ---Or posters who by the very nature of their posting expect more attention than they are giving others?
--- End quote ---

That is Buster territory. Just because I put something out doesn't mean I expect it to be voted and commented on. I will conscientiously make an effort to read, vote, and comment on submissions that other people have done.

I am fine with commenting and voting. I don't care if a commenter or voter isn't a writer. Their action of reading, voting and commenting contributes to the Citadel and this is GOOD. I am slightly more opinionated towards writers who wont read/comment/vote on other people's stuff because we are a community of like minded individuals.

Murometz:
Some solid quotes here folks! Useable for next V. for sure.

Moonlake:

--- Quote from: axlerowes on March 18, 2013, 07:20:06 PM ---What is your post to comment ratio?

--- End quote ---
71 sub to 1071 comments which comes to about 1/15 but like Dossta, need to trim some comments about sub updates and stuff that fall into social chatter. Not sure about actual proportion to trim cos I do mainly comment with the aim to provide constructive feedback and respond to ppl's enquiries on unclear aspects on my subs.

--- Quote from: axlerowes on March 18, 2013, 07:20:06 PM ---What should it be?  4 comments for every post, 10 comments for every post, how many of those comments are on your own material.

--- End quote ---
No idea, never thought of this aspect before, don't feel that's really important.

--- Quote from: axlerowes on March 18, 2013, 07:20:06 PM ---Do you come here to write or to read?

--- End quote ---
To write initially but now also to read and share a 'fondness' for eliminating under-read subs.

--- Quote from: axlerowes on March 18, 2013, 07:20:06 PM ---Are you equal part fan and creator?

--- End quote ---
Possibly not, I have great admiration for many of the work of established Strolenati but I'm hard to win over as fan. You have to be in competition with Tolkien :wink:

--- Quote from: axlerowes on March 18, 2013, 07:20:06 PM ---How do you feel about critics who don't post?

--- End quote ---
Not aware of such persons but if they provide solid constructive feedback, they are welcome to hang around.

--- Quote from: axlerowes on March 18, 2013, 07:20:06 PM ---Or posters who by the very nature of their posting expect more attention than they are giving others?

--- End quote ---
Quite a few above are taking the interpretation this means demanding people/attention seekers. Since I'm not personally aware of there being any such on the site and if there are, there's now no place for them to exercise demands since the Town Crier had been removed, I'm taking this to mean people who write lengthy subs and/or have a post/comment ratio exceeding 1. My answer is separated into two parts. For post/comment ratio exceeding 1, it depends on the quality of their materials. I won't begrudge them anything but there's also no guarantee that I will always give them attention, I read stuff randomly/give attention to under-commented subs but also pick stuff based on personal reading taste so it's like I'm operating with 2 reading modes at the same time. I've only ventured out of this modus operandi once on RVE. On writers who write lengthy subs, there's the length-averse me with reading on the Citadel. There're plenty of lengthy pieces that stop me from enjoying the work of Strolenati whose styles I admire that I stay away from. It's not like I don't want to give them attention- I distinctly remember that I keep tagging stuff for my fav folder that sit there for ages. It's just Internet reading that I can't stand for stopping me unless I get really determined and copy and paste them over to Word. So far, the only real incentive for me to do so is in swap-read agreements via the RVE again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version