Extraneous Voices of Picayune > Citadel Tavern

Post to Comment Ratio

(1/4) > >>

axlerowes:
What is your post to comment ratio?

What should it be?  4 comments for every post, 10 comments for every post, how many of those comments are on your own material.

Do you come here to write or to read?

Are you equal part fan and creator?

How do you feel about critics who don't post?

Or posters who by the very nature of their posting expect more attention than they are giving others?

Murometz:

--- Quote ---What is your post to comment ratio?
--- End quote ---
110 Submissions 3549 Comments

--- Quote ---What should it be?  4 comments for every post, 10 comments for every post, how many of those comments are on your own material.
--- End quote ---
I think the perfect ratio is approximately 35:1  :P

--- Quote ---Do you come here to write or to read?
--- End quote ---
Neither

--- Quote ---Are you equal part fan and creator?
--- End quote ---
what?

--- Quote ---How do you feel about critics who don't post?
--- End quote ---
The same way I feel about rabid squirrels.

--- Quote ---Or posters who by the very nature of their posting expect more attention than they are giving others?
--- End quote ---
That's one of my biggest (internally) running beefs around here. But that is unchangeable.

Shadoweagle:
I am 60 subs to 291 comments. My greatest shame is that I know that I focus more on my own posts than other peoples' :p Which is why I sometimes make myself read a sub and comment on it, even if I don't feel like it!

I am a little self centered with my contributions to the citadel and I know it!

valadaar:
>What is your post to comment ratio?

146/3951 or 27:1

> What should it be?  4 comments for every post, 10 comments for every post, how many of those comments are on your own material.

No fixed amount. Both are positive.  Anything > 0 is good.

>Do you come here to write or to read?

Read mainly.

>Are you equal part fan and creator?

Number seems in indicate otherwise.

>How do you feel about critics who don't post?

Depend on the fairness of their critique. I'm not annoyed Siskel and Ebert did not make movies.

>Or posters who by the very nature of their posting expect more attention than they are giving others?

I tend to ignore overly demanding folks. 

Dozus:
>What is your post to comment ratio?

1124 posts, 600 comments.

> What should it be?  4 comments for every post, 10 comments for every post, how many of those comments are on your own material.

There's no solid rule.

>Do you come here to write or to read?

I come meaning to write, but mostly read.

>Are you equal part fan and creator?

I'd like to think so.

>How do you feel about critics who don't post?

If it's valuable criticism, fine. Some people are better consumers and users of subs than creators.

>Or posters who by the very nature of their posting expect more attention than they are giving others?

It doesn't bother me too much. I provide feedback on subs that I feel like I can provide valuable feedback on, regardless of the submitter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version