llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Writeup advice.  (Read 1878 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline FredFearless

• Insane Medic
  • Apprentice
  • Writing in 5.56
    • Awards
Writeup advice.
« on: March 14, 2013, 07:20:14 AM »
http://strolen.com/viewing/Specialst_Damien_Snow

I submitted this as a character sheet, but judging from the feedback I have received this does not appear to be common practice.

I understand that you would like to see a fully described character and not just a handful of statistics with a bit of additional, puzzling, text thrown in at will.

So, I ask you in your position as my audience, and criticists; how would you like it?

Before I forget and in case you are wondering; I made this thread to avoid clogging the main submission with ideas and construction.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Re: Writeup advice.
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 10:06:12 AM »
Hi Fred,

Well, I think Dossta offers up some good advice in your submission. There is nothing wrong with your character write-up. Its lean, yet covers the basics. You also answer your own question with this--
I understand that you would like to see a fully described character and not just a handful of statistics with a bit of additional, puzzling, text thrown in at will.
--

We tend to enjoy the full write-ups, as opposed to "character sheets", but there are bare-bone style character posts here as well aplenty. So i guess what I'm saying is, write up submissions however you like, but for meatier comments/votes, we like the story behind the framework.

Hope that helps a little, if it didn't, it wouldn't be the first time i didn't help someone, while trying to help :)
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline FredFearless

• Insane Medic
  • Apprentice
  • Writing in 5.56
    • Awards
Re: Writeup advice.
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2013, 08:26:06 AM »
Thank you Murometz.

I've taken into account everything that has been posted on the submission.

I'll now attempt to flesh out those parts that I'm sure you would all like to know more about.