Idea Guild > Sagely Advice

A better name for Gnomes

<< < (5/5)

Gossamer:

--- Quote from: valadaar on March 20, 2013, 09:47:54 AM ---Bugbears would likely refer to themselves as People in their language, and everyone else as some variant of Food :)

--- End quote ---

But Bugbears are kinda unique in that, they share their culture as well as partial heritage with Goblins and Hobgoblins. They can't all call themselves just people, especially the hobgoblins and the bugbears probably wouldn't want to be clumped together like that with the weaker goblins. Logically, their name oughta contain goblin for obvious reasons. But I dunno... Boggoblins... That just sounds like goblins from a bog.

Chaosmark:
There's no reason why a race wouldn't call themselves "People" in their own language; that's what pretty much every language in the world has done before, even back in the days when other phenotypes were considered to be completely different species.

Gossamer:
Yeah, but Bugbears, Goblins and Hobgoblins all speak the same language. So it would still be weird. Like if a bugbear says, hey come here ...people. And then he has to add, oh sorry I was just talking about the bugbears, not the hobgoblins and goblins.

MysticMoon:
That could make for a good goblinoid Abbott and Costello scenario :D

Gossamer:
Bump for new ideas, so I don't have to attempt a new post about Bugbears specifically. Let your creative juices run free people, toss something out there!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version