llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Chapter the Third, Silent Woman Keep  (Read 19932 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Elite Item Guild
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Re: Silent Woman Keep
« Reply #25 on: March 15, 2013, 11:31:21 AM »
Hello the keep!
Good morning! Are you one of the sisters? I would like to speak with your Abbess; I should be expected.

The woman took a few hesitant steps backwards toward the cloister's archway, as Nisher and Saano boldly strode forward, addressing her...

(rolled INT checks for Saano and Nisher; 11 and 2 respectively)

The Silent Woman, true to her namesake, did not acknowledge Nisher as he spoke, Saano on the other hand...

"Expected? We have not had any visitors since..." Her mouth did not move beneath her face-gauze, but Saano heard her loud and clear..."Who are you then? What is your business here? Why do you wish to see the Abbess? Who are these...people?"

Oh dear, it seems the Silent Women communicate as we do, Saano, Sana volunteered to her brother.

Meanwhile, Zuan was still having a terrible time with his camels. Hezzab and Maurban were literally attacking him now...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 03:31:13 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Online valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator Master Questor Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: March 15, 2013, 12:09:49 PM »
Still bow in hand, Iskander looked at Zuan meaningfully.

"Need a hand?"

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: March 15, 2013, 01:42:43 PM »
Zuan struggled under the pull of the animals, clinging to the reins while trying to avoid Hezzab's biting maw, and narrow dodging the camel's flying expectorant. "Please," he grunted gratefully.

Releasing a hand from the reins, he reached for his purse and dropped a cobre into his gilded coffer. "By the Divine Broker's authority, I demand you calm yourself, for our mutual benefit." Watching Hezzab carefully, he hovered his hand over one of the saddle bags, then darted in to grab a bit of za'atar that he hadn't sold. Zuan held it out toward the camel. "Your favorite! Remember?"

(OOC: Cast Animal Friendship on Hezzab and Maurban)
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
Acolyte of the Divine Synod, Merchant of Divine Wealth
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Elite Item Guild
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: March 15, 2013, 01:52:36 PM »
As Iskander helped Zuan with his violent camels, Zuan cast his spell and...

Finally the camels calmed. Hezzab, still snorting, sniffed the za'atar, and indeed, seemed to remember that it was one of his favorite treats. Maurban, for his part, grew suddenly quiet and withdrawn, and began grazing on the shrubbery.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: March 15, 2013, 02:15:38 PM »
As Saano was about to reply, (and Nisher was about to voice his displeasure at being ignored), another figure, almost identical to the first but not as tall, emerged from the shadow-drowned cloister, swathed in white...

"Sister, I recognize the marks on that one. Do you see them? He is a Midnight Guardian, no doubt here in regards to Sister Voichita..."

"Yes, I see now" thought the other one out loud in reply, then looked intently at Saano...

"But dear sister, what of all these others, and their...animals. We cannot have such...disturbances"

(INT checks Murometz rolls...Inan, Zuan, Iskander, and Anquetiti can also "hear" the Silent Sisters' telepathy even at their distance....Nisher and Tagu can hear only silence)
« Last Edit: March 15, 2013, 02:22:16 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Online valadaar

• Emperor
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator Master Questor Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2013, 02:31:10 PM »
"Perhaps we should withdraw to a less - disturbing - distance?" Iskander said to Zuan.  "The ladies appear put off by our... animals."

In his very mind! He did not like this. Not one little bit.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2013, 02:37:28 PM »
Coursi's mouth opened briefly on "hearing" the sisters speak. He'd heard of such things before, speaking through the mind - or soul? - but had never witnessed it. It was a strange feeling, but not so strange that he should lose decorum.

His mouth snapped shut and he nodded to Iskander. "Yes, let us take them back a ways," he said cautiously and quietly. Drawing Hezzab around, he walked back on the path a bit. Out of earshot - though out of mindshot? - he said in a low voice to Iskander, "I may need you to hold them here. Joachim asked me personally to see to his sister, and though the nuns seem drawn to Saano, I don't like negotiations that I cannot hear."
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2

Online valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2013, 02:43:40 PM »
"Of course.  We'll secure the creatures."

"Tagu, lets get the beasts back a ways.  Nice Camel. There's some nice fresh bushes back here. "  said Iskander as he took the lead from Zuan.

Stupid Camel

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2013, 09:34:42 PM »
Nisher Stryne furrowed his brow at the silence agitated by the womens lack of reply. But the agitation was replaced with confusion at his comrades reaction to the women; it seemed everyone but Nisher was recieving some kind of extra sensory communication by the silent women.
Nisher's lips curled into a silent snarl as he made up his mind about these people - just another sect who took one look at him and decided he wasn't worth talking to! It never occured to Nisher that it may be his mind that is not attuned to the women; clearly these whores thought themselves too good to interact with the poor beggar-man!
With a growl - audible this time, Nisher Stryne turned on his heels and stalked back without explanation. He passed Zuan and made his way  to Iskander, reaching to snatch the reigns from the Fixer. "You go deal with those hags!" he snarled, "They obviously deem me of little importance so I'll play the stable boy out here!" he paused for a moment, running his free hand through his dirty locks of hair before speaking again, his voice losing some of its edge, "Besides, you may be of more use in there than me."

Nisher stryne turned and peered up to the keep, studying it with hate in his eyes.
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Online valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2013, 10:03:33 PM »
For once, Iskander was not smiling, nor did he yield the reins instantly. Instead he fixed Nish with a glare.
"Do not let your pride overcome your good sense, I believe I taught someone else that lesson recently. We will need all the sense we can get here this day."
But he let the spellwriter take the reins.  Maybe a camel kick might do him some good.
Iskander did not, however, take one step closer to the keep.  Let the sorcerers keep their council for now.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
    • Awards
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2013, 10:47:04 PM »
Zuan nodded to Iskander, grateful for the help. He brushed past the angered Stryne, hoping the thief wouldn't cause any trouble but having no time to extend much more thought on him.

He approached the Sisters, keeping a respectful distance, and made a deep bow. "Holy Sisters," he began - settling on talking over thinking, since he wasn't entirely sure they could sense him that way, "we humbly ask audience with you. I believe you know whom we seek: the Sister among yours who has been afflicted by foul spirits. We have been dispatched by her kinsman, the noble Joachim Ebellos, to assist you with her condition. A Midnight Guardian is with, trained for exactly this situation. If we may beg pardon to speak with your abbess, I am sure we can arrange things swiftly and let you return to your prayers."

He bowed again for good measure, hoping the nuns would listen to reason.
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2013, 11:50:58 PM »
Nisher did not take his eyes off the Silent Woman Keep, though his words softened as he spoke next to Iskander quietly, his voice losing it's simplistic and unlearned tone temporarily. "Though it may oft appear as such, sense rarely leaves me. Sense suggests to me several things. It suggests that all is not as it seems here. I see - over in the keep before us - two women who can speak yet not with their mouths. I see our new ravishing companion has studied the keep and found it riddled with magicks. I cannot hear them, but I see that the demeanor of the two silent women seem calm enough, in spite of the fact that one of their bretheren is supposed to be a demon's puppet."
Nisher paused in his words, glancing over to the other companions who were conversing with the women up ahead, "Another thing makes me unsettled, Iskander: Ebellos's sister is one of these women. Why did he not inform us about rampant sorcery pervading the keep, unless it is not normally there. Why did he not tell us that presumably his sister and the rest of the nunnery can communicate with their minds. Perhaps they shouldn't be able to? Seems an unusual thing to leave out. Perhaps I read too much into it Iskander - i've been warned many a time about my paranoia. Ebellos's task and yes; Joachim Ebellos himself makes me sick to the gut; dispite Zuan's continued lap-dog adoration of him!"

A taste of a smile itched onto Nisher's lips as he glanced at the Fixer, "So I consider these things and think, 'why package ourselves up nicely and present ourselves as a bundle?'. I think this Silent Woman's Keep needs to be looked at from a different... perspective." Nisher Stryne nodded his head ever so slightly, indicating the second floor of the keep.
Abruptly his voice raised in volume slightly and became callous once more, his face turning sour again, "Besides, if those cows don't have the decency to even spare a thought for me, I may as well just stay out here and wait!"

Offline Chaosmark

• Harbringer of Segfaults
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • The Sleepless Hacker
    • Awards
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2013, 12:25:16 PM »
Saano

Mind-walkers! Joachim never mentioned this particular tidbit of information when describing the task he had hired a Guardian for. It did explain the name of the cloister, however. Why go to the effort of speech when you can just think instead? I'm sure that effect would be rather unnerving to visitors. Definitely a plus if they don't wish for them to stay very long. No kidding; I don't even have a body and I don't want to be here.

He gave a nod to the second sister, then addressed the first that "spoke". "Your sister has it correctly. I am a Midnight Guardian, commissioned to help cleanse one of your sisters of-" Gently, love, their pride is probably a bit stung at not being able to handle a demon possession "-a certain problem she has." Saano gestured back towards the rest of the group.

"These are my traveling companions. They intend no harm, and will quickly have their animals under control. They were simply spooked by something or another. Probably a hawk snatching a mouse." The Midnight Guardian looked between the sisters, not entirely sure which would be better to address. He chose to talk to both, shifting his view from one to the other. "Do you have a stable of some kind where our mounts can be kept, and a place where my companions can wait while I go about my task?"
P(A|B) = P(B|A)*P(A)/P(B)

By the power of Bayes!

Acolyte Lithil Darkheart – Level 1 Necromancer
STR: 1 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3

Current guild quest: --

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator Master Questor NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2013, 09:37:45 AM »
Anquetiti
She had stood to the back of the party, and overheard Nisher's concern.
Nodding but a little, Anna whispered out of the corner of her mouth: "Nish makes sense, there - let's go for a little 'fake and pretend'. You will be the stable boy, simple and gruff, oh so easy to underestimate and ignore, free to go where he pleases. Let them focus on Saano as the obvious and declared Midnight Guardian. Iskander, with all your muscle and scars, it is also easy to fool them you have but your strength... and for me, shall I be the jester, all jingle and laugh and no clue, no bite, or the poor lost girl who wishes to find a refuge amongst the sisters, or even desires to join them?"
She raised one eyebrow, waiting for their advice, while the rest of their merry band were occupying the sisters with introductory banter.
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #39 on: March 18, 2013, 07:35:37 PM »
Twenty minutes later...

Between Saano and Zuan, they managed to talk their way into the Keep. "Managed", because despite Saano's iron-clad reason for his obvious arrival, and Zuan's honey-tongued approach, the Sisters proved strangely recalcitrant. By the time Saano and Zuan grew accustomed to the telepathic communication, the sisters "relented" and agreed to grant them audience with the abbess. They explained that they would not allow more than three strangers inside the Keep, at any one time, for any more than that would "upset" the "balance and harmony"of the Abbey. Stables they had, though they were unused for the most part, the Sisters further explained, and they agreed to let the camels, mules, and horses be tethered therein. They also mentioned that the "others", who were still some distance away--Nisher, Anquetiti, Inan, Iskander and Tagu--(besides one more that would be allowed to accompany Zuan and Saano inside the Keep's walls) could temporarily stay in a small stone house, attached to the stables, where stood plain cots for bedding, some moldy hay, and not much else.

The two companions, the trade-priest and the Midnight Guardian, followed the two Silent Sisters into the shadows of the Cloister, and on to the Keep...

(does anyone else wish to join Saano and Zuan? I'm guessing Nisher and the naughty nephalim, are ok with being left "out here" with the pack-animals...)

« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 10:13:07 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Online valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2013, 07:52:50 PM »
"I will come if you wish," said Iskander simply, if not enthusiastically.  "Tagu, make sure Nish doesn't loot the mules..."

« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 07:55:14 PM by valadaar »

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2013, 08:08:33 PM »
"Nay friend," Inan said, smoothing his hair and flashing his best sand-scoured smile, "Allow me, to accompy our companions with these most excellent women."

"I feel my talents may be of some importance"

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Online valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2013, 08:14:16 PM »
"Fair enough."

Iskander led the mules to the stables and tied them within, and then went in to check out the accommodations. 

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2013, 08:34:04 PM »
"Loot the mules!?" Nisher spluttered as he walked swiftly to catch up with Iskander as the fixer led the animals to the stables, "What do you take me for, some common pickpocket!? You should show to proper respect to..." 
Nisher's ranting at iskander continued all the way into the stables. Mentally, he made a note -not- to rifle through the bags as he had planned.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #44 on: March 18, 2013, 09:09:29 PM »
And with that, the companions parted. Zuan and Saano exchanged brief glances as Inan joined them. They had never seen the man smile before....
---
As Anquetiti relayed her plans of merriment and conquest to the amused and devious-looking Nisher, he in turn berated Iskander for the indignation. There was no bemusement on Iskander's face. Tagu stoically led the animals to the stable.

The stone house was sparse to put it kindly. A rectangle of gray rock, overgrown with purplish ivy. There was ample room inside, and one window. Four straw mattresses, a wooden table with an empty water-jug, and four chairs. Against one of the walls hung a long-faded symbol of St. Hurdegilda on a chain, an onyx heart. The stables were attached to the house. The old straw here stank. Hezzab and Maurban expressed their displeasure immediately upon entering.
---
They were led through the Cloister in appropriate silence. Then through a small courtyard and through huge stone double-doors, which opened as the Sisters neared. Though the three companions looked about taking measure of the place, the surroundings of the austere abbey were not worth description. Everything was simple angles of gray stone and ceilings lost in shadow. No adornments or embellishments were present, other than the occasional statue of St. Hurdegilda, carved from the same dull-gray stone as the rest of the keep. 

The one feeling they all shared, was an overwhelming awareness of the complete and utter silence. No rats scurried. No bats squeaked. No broom stroke across the stone floor made a wooshing noise. It was deafeningly silent.

At one point, the three passed what appeared to be a vast stone auditorium, where dozens of white-clad Sisters, stood rigidly, shoulder to shoulder, apparently lost in silent prayer, but in reality, as Zuan, Inan, and Saano could "hear" (only in their minds), they were singing in some unknown language, at the top of their "lungs"...the Silent Choir.

The three rose up two flights of worn stone stairs and walked down along plain corridor. The two Sisters then stopped and turned to face the three. One took out a large iron key-chain and stuck a key into what looked like more stone wall, but was actually a door.The door opened without sound (naturally). Inside they could see straw-cots, water basins, table and chairs.

"Please wait here. The Abbess will see you shortly. Someone will come for you when it is time. There is bread, water, and cheese for nourishment." she motioned toward the table, then both turned and left, their steps *not* echoing along the corridor floor....

It didn't take long. As soon as one of them opened their mouth to speak and heard no sound issue forth, they knew. *They* were now silenced as well. Inan, Zuan, and Saano, could only *think* at each other now. A coin dropped on the stone floor (Zuan's quick experiment) also produced no sound.

(ooc: roll for INT checks again. You all made it, which means you can communicate telepathically amongst yourselves. (22:00:30) ChatBot: Murometz rolls 3d20 and gets 12,10,12. Perhaps the abjuration magic Anquetiti detected earlier now made sense. The entire Keep seems to be under magical spell of silence.)
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 10:15:12 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #45 on: March 18, 2013, 10:54:00 PM »
Moraten Li swam as best he could. Swimming was the only way to describe his fluid movements. The stark-white horizon offered only more distance and it was impossible to gauge spatial boundaries.

Tullis’ body was somewhere nearby, but Moraten could not tell which way he should go to get there.  This whole experience was maddening beyond belief. But Moraten had his code, and he would live by it, or die in the attempt.

The flying demon-heads, spewing venom, had done his partner in. ‘Ten had watched the creatures of nightmare nearly eviscerate Tullis. How he himself managed to avoid them, Moraten could not know. But watching Tullis be slain in front of his eyes, was like slow-motion torture for ‘Ten, despite the fact that it happened in moments, before ‘Ten could even help.

He glided across the now suddenly golden-amber nothingness, as best he could. Silver-cobalt tendrils of smoke or mist swirled in his peripheral vision.

Looking at his waist he could see the strange silvery swirl trailing from his body. It seemed an umbilical cord of sorts, and was growing fainter, a bright-silver when he first stumbled into this bizarre place (how long ago was that?), now translucent gray.

Then he spied something in the distance, a two-dimensional circular “patch”, that looked to be made from honey, but was violet-red in color. Now he was right in front of it. Now he reached out to touch it….

Moraten suddenly gasped for breath, as if he had been drowning. Around him was the silent, stone chamber which he slowly remembered. He grasped the rim of the stone fountain-pool filled with the thick, golden liquid, and pulled himself up, then over, then finally collapsed on the very real, very cold, very stone floor of the Silent Woman Keep's inner sanctum.

d**n it, he clenched his fist, even as he did not fully grasp what had just happened. He knew one thing. He would have to retrieve Tullis' corpse.

All was deathly silent.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2013, 11:49:08 PM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #46 on: March 18, 2013, 11:17:06 PM »
Soon, a Sister arrived and the door opened of its own accord. Behind her were another three women clad head to toe in white, and behind them, one more who could only be described as the Abbess. She too was clad in white samite, but on her chest hung an onyx-heart medallion, and her squarish headdress was adorned with gleaming-black, smooth yet twisted, bull’s horns.

I am Abbess Ximena of the Silent Women.” She turns to Saano, “Yes, Joachim Ebellos has been here recently, and he had mentioned that he would hire one such as you. Sister Voichita has let in a demon, one more foul than words can attest to, and we have so far proved powerless to overcome him. We keep her below, in chains dusted with our patron saint's powdered bone, coating the iron.” Abbess Ximena mono-toned, “You have my leave to see to her, and to her Dispiritation. Are you ready? I trust you will act anon? Sister Gilfresa, show them to Sister Voichita..."
« Last Edit: March 19, 2013, 12:14:25 AM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Some of mine:

-Captain Penguin

Offline Ria Hawk

• Wacko Strolenite
  • Emperor
  • Demented Author Chick
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Elite Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • KnightHawk
    • Awards
« Reply #47 on: March 18, 2013, 11:46:50 PM »
The shadows deepened around him, almost as if they were trying to give what comfort they could. How any place with that much light could not have shadows... The creatures of that realm never would have done what they had if he'd had the shadows to work with. He was weak and sore, but he didn't have the luxury of resting. As soon as he could, he got to his feet, swaying slightly. He wasn't fool enough to go back in that pool, not right now. But he would be back, and he would at least pull his former partner's body out.

But that could wait. He wasn't yet strong enough to survive that cursed light filled realm again.
Sometimes angels fall from grace, and sometimes heroes die.

Regina Raptorum, Benevolent Mad Scientist, Writer of Psychos, Guild Mistress of Esoteric Lore, Losers' Club Alumna, and Authentic Wacko

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #48 on: March 19, 2013, 10:07:43 PM »
As Anquetiti relayed her plans of merriment and conquest to the amused and devious-looking Nisher, he in turn berated Iskander for the indignation. There was no bemusement on Iskander's face. Tagu stoically led the animals to the stable.

The stone house was sparse to put it kindly. A rectangle of gray rock, overgrown with purplish ivy. There was ample room inside, and one window. Four straw mattresses, a wooden table with an empty water-jug, and four chairs. Against one of the walls hung a long-faded symbol of St. Hurdegilda on a chain, an onyx heart. The stables were attached to the house. The old straw here stank. Hezzab and Maurban expressed their displeasure immediately upon entering.

Nisher conversed lightly with Anquetiti and Iskander, but his mind was clearly elsewhere - more than once he paced the room. He checked the water-jug and gave a little sigh upon noticing it was empty, and walked over to study the onyx heart on chain; he would have taken it as a souvenier had the others not been present, but as it was he simply sighed and left it there, giving a shifty glance over to Iskander. Ten minutes hadn't passed when Nisher suddenly clapped his hands together and turned to face his companions. "Alright! I am going for a... stroll. I'd love to investigate the keep further. Anyone else up for it?" He raised a brow at Iskander, Anquetiti and Tagu.

Nish wants to go explore the outside with whoever else is going to come; specifically  the windows. He will look for a suitable one on either first or second floor and attempt to get access to the place. If the only suitable access is a 2nd floor window, he'll use his 'magic rope' spell as a climbing aid.

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Golden Creator Master Questor NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #49 on: March 20, 2013, 03:14:43 AM »
"Certainly - once it gets a little darker. I'd like the sisters to think we will nicely sit in this house here all night, and wrestle thumbs."
"Also, I think there will be a secret passage, these fortified temples always have one, to an outside chapel or so."

She smiled, and jumped onto the bed. "Until then - a catnap for me."
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)