Extraneous Voices of Picayune > Tomes and Illusions

Best (Worst?) of the B's

(1/2) > >>

MysticMoon:
I'm sure I'm not the only one here with an unhealthy love of terrible cinema. I figured we could use a thread to talk about our favorites or most recently watched monstrosities.

I'll start it off with a clip of one of my recent views, "War of the Robots" (the 2 I've watched since were so bad I couldn't find trailers):

War of the Robots 1978

The clip doesn't do the movie full justice, though. The trip through the asteroids, the various alien races, pointless robot slaughter, the costumes, the incredible dialogue... all of these and more are what make this such a gem.

Murometz:
I was hooked from the first sounds of "Pew-Pew"

Dozus:
That silver-clad man with the pageboy haircut is an incredible shot.

Muro and I were talking some time back about '70s kung fu movies and I brought up Master with Cracked Fingers, which I have the privilege of owning on DVD.

Master With Cracked Fingers

It "stars" "Jackie Chan", who is shows up for roughly the first half of the movie. Then they obviously get a replacement who looks nothing like Chan, which they cover with a wig, blindfold, and wide angle shots. The thing is actually pieced together from at least two different movies, probably more, and repacked repeatedly for Western audiences. It's fairly insane, as is a lot of early Chan stuff.

axlerowes:

In the Dust of Stars.  I am working under the the hypothesis that all east german cinema was "B" and In the Dust of Stars, has it all pointless nudity, nonsensical pacing and scale (where is this canal they are building), and best of all a heavy handed political message.

In The Dust Of The Stars (1976) Subtitled Trailer

Dozus:

--- Quote from: axlerowes on March 05, 2013, 02:32:36 PM ---In the Dust of Stars.  I am working under the the hypothesis that all east german cinema was "B" and In the Dust of Stars, has it all pointless nudity, nonsensical pacing and scale (where is this canal they are building), and best of all a heavy handed political message.

--- End quote ---
Thoughts on watching that:

* Why does that guy have a spring on top his chaise lounge?
* Everybody wave enthusiastically! Okay, now everyone wave with an arm chop!
* ...Who showers like that?And so forth.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version