llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Capital: Machias. (A request for content)  (Read 882 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Ted

• Shattered
  • Journeyman
  • Awards Article Guild Plot Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Item of the Year
    • Awards
The Capital: Machias. (A request for content)
« on: February 27, 2013, 03:25:15 AM »
Most of you are probably aware (and sick of reading the summaries) of the ongoing campaign that I've been running. However, it's now time for me to begin creating the Capital City where my players will be spending a great deal of time and effort- so it's something I really don't want to flub.

And while I intend to scrounge around the Citadel for inspiration, I know that finding every gem that could offer me something is impossible, so I'm hoping that any of you willing could guide me to submissions you might like used in the campaign. Locations, NPCs, factions, I'm going to need a lot of content, so don't be shy, step right up!
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When one gazes into an abyss, he is gazed into by the abyss.-Friedrich Nietzsche.

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
Re: The Capital: Machias. (A request for content)
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2013, 05:59:45 AM »
Oh, I'm sure we can suggest some fine things for you. :D

I'll do some poking around later, see what sorts of treats I can dig up. Is there anything specific - in terms of setting, style, organizations, etc. - that you're looking for?
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
Acolyte of the Divine Synod, Merchant of Divine Wealth
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Last Edit: February 27, 2013, 09:35:20 AM by Murometz »
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Ted

• Shattered
  • Journeyman
  • Awards Article Guild Plot Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Item of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2013, 06:47:31 PM »
Is there anything specific - in terms of setting, style, organizations, etc. - that you're looking for?

Setting is late medieval (no gunpowder, magic exists, no demi-human races), style has been very cloak and dagger with politics thrown in.
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When one gazes into an abyss, he is gazed into by the abyss.-Friedrich Nietzsche.

Offline Ted

• Shattered
  • Journeyman
    • Awards

Offline Ted

• Shattered
  • Journeyman
    • Awards

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, 03:14:04 PM »
A detailed street, Regency Blvd.
http://strolen.com/viewing/Regency_Boulevard
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
Acolyte of the Divine Synod, Merchant of Divine Wealth
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4