Roleplaying > Moderated Freeform

White Out [Cosmic Era RP]

<< < (12/29) > >>

Dozus:
"We have need of it," Matos answered Bolles reluctantly. "Its service to us is greater than its service to them."

He nodded respectfully to Luke before moving onto more business matters. "Where do we plan on getting this vehicle?" he asked. "We do no want too much attention drawn here."

Scrasamax:
They inspected the marina and it was a simple matter of finding a small cabin cruiser that suited their needs. It was a 30 foot model that had hybrid propulsion, in the typical Alaskan style. It had a simplified set of sails, simple enough that a novice could use them, and the GPS NavCom could adjust the mast and spar as needed with minimal input from the crew. The sail material itself was a a photoelectric fabric that gathered sunlight to charge the batteries to power a single electric driven screw prop. While not fast or flashy, the boat could maintain a good pace regardless of wind or light conditions. It held them all easily, along with room for a good pile of loot if required. Bolles had to hack the NavCom to accept them as the new owner/operator of the craft. Prewett smooth talked his way past a harbor security operator and got them clearance to leave.

They were on their way.

(OOC - will be out of town this weekend, posting will be sporadic, and short)

Scrasamax:
The two craft tracked their separate courses, both moving closer and closer to the looming mass of the Juneau Military arcology. The structure was dark colored, an almost navy blue, with the exterior struts a gleaming brushed steel. The coloration made for good heat absorption as the northern arcos tended to not have overheating issues, but rather had to run heating systems to remain comfortable inside.

Muldoon and Blue landed and started their scouting trek on foot. Muldoon was decidedly faster, but this was his home ground. He had highly accurate maps of the island, and the waters around it, save for the legally blank spot of the military arco, and the ground contained within it's perimeter fence. As they scouted they came across the wreckage of several light electrofan aircraft and two broken up whippoorwill helocraft. (investigation rolls please)

The second team was moving when their cruiser was hailed by a PRC airship. The radio crackled for a second...

"You are entering a Coalition restricted zone, your craft is in immediate danger. Please return to your point of origin immediately." there was a bried pause, "Please identify yourself,"

The craft veered around to make another pass over the cruiser when it flared brightly and one of the engine pods was turned into a cloud of metallic vapor and fire by a high intensity laser. The arco defense system was indeed active. The helocraft plunged to avoid a second hit while trailing a cloud of smoke and metal debris.

EchoMirage:
"I'm glad we did not fly - I guess they really mean it with the no-fly zone. No warning shots here."
Blue approached the broken craft, cautiously looking around.
"I wonder if these were heading to the arcology, or trying to flee..."
(investigation roll 13/d20)

Scrasamax:

--- Quote from: EchoMirage on February 11, 2013, 11:58:37 PM ---"I'm glad we did not fly - I guess they really mean it with the no-fly zone. No warning shots here."
Blue approached the broken craft, cautiously looking around.
"I wonder if these were heading to the arcology, or trying to flee..."
(investigation roll 13/d20)

--- End quote ---

Blue can tell that all of the craft shot down were leaving the arcology, likely launched from it's rooftop heloport. They are all facing away from the arcology, or the impact pattern indicates they were moving away when they hit the ground. The Whippoorwill in front of them has been hit twice in the rear, blowing the tail to pieces and shattering one of the rotor hubs. The crew inside died on impact. It was a messy bad landing.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version