llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Cosmic Era Game  (Read 11666 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Knight
  • ABWB: Always Be World building
  • Awards NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Questor Item Guild 2012 Most Comments of the Year Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: Cosmic Era Game
« Reply #75 on: February 11, 2013, 08:13:38 AM »
Bah!  Keep the racism going and the volume constant. The Cosmic Era is a study in mixing hyperbole with a general disgust in human nature.  Lets not lose our nerve now that we have actually taken her off the drawing board. 

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Questor Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: February 14, 2013, 08:25:35 AM »
Checking in here, I havent heard from:

Ceaser193
Dozus
Morte

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Master Questor NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: February 22, 2013, 10:34:26 AM »
Can someone edit out the OOC exchange in the game thread? Pretty please :)
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Questor Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: February 22, 2013, 10:54:36 AM »
Can someone edit out the OOC exchange in the game thread? Pretty please :)

Edited

Also posted to get things moving again. I would have responded sooner but I had some personal issues that kicked my butt/sapped the creative juices: by replacing them with crushing head congestion and mucus, 401k shenanigans, and a sick horse.

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Knight
  • Awards NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Questor Item Guild 2012 Most Comments of the Year Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: February 23, 2013, 10:55:13 PM »
Questions:

We were in Anchorage..which is located more or less on the site of present day Anchorage?

We are now in juneau Alaska, which is located more less on the site of modern day Juneau?

The island we were scouting was the island with the Inuksuk arco, we found the wrecks, their were mechs running around, but we didn't see any mechs? Did we approach the perimeter fence?

If we didn't was there a reason we couldn't approach the arco on foot?

We are now back in the boats, heading towards the Juneau marina which has been shot up and has a bunch of people on it trying to warn us to get off the boats or at least warn Brian (ceasar and his team)?

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: February 25, 2013, 07:24:04 AM »
Answers:

Yes, the team was in Anchorage which is located in the same location as CE Anchorage

Yes, the team is currently near Juneau, which has moved away from the foot of Mt. Juneau to the location of the Juneau Int'l Airport, but remains on the same island.

The Island you were scouting was the island of Juneau, which is the location of the arcology. The arcology is inside the perimeter of the city, but it doesn't have fence around it. There are no guard towers, no chain link, no patrols of men with attack dogs. You did find wreckage, and there is evidence of at least one mech running around, but it's whereabouts are unknown.

There is no reason to not approach the arco on foot.

If you want to continue overland to the arcology and not meet up with the Cabin cruiser by the port then tell me that is what you want to do.

Communication is important, and PbP really stretches things out, and as I mentioned in the removed OOC discussion I just wanted to move things along. I don't want the game to die because of a lack of momentum. If we were sitting at a table playing, this would be a non-issue. If I said your two groups were moving to meet at the point, (a function of moving two traveling red lines together on the map) and you said we want to continue on foot this direction, I would say okay and we would move on. Your second team would go where you wanted it to.

If you want a map, ask and I will get you one, the same goes for any questions you have. I want you guys to have fun, and I want to have fun.

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: February 25, 2013, 07:43:53 AM »
I would love a map. I'm having a little difficulty with the back and forth as to exactly where everything is.

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: February 25, 2013, 09:33:45 AM »
I would love a map. I'm having a little difficulty with the back and forth as to exactly where everything is.

I'll see about getting a map posted tomorrow morning

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: February 26, 2013, 06:49:55 AM »
When Blue and I scouted the acrolocation what did it look like, the arco that is....

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: February 26, 2013, 09:47:17 AM »
Having some difficulty with posting the pics, I am having a dumb.

As for the appearance of the arco: Inuksek is a second generation industrial arco, tall and slab sided. It is a tapered prism, but the degree of taper is mostly cosmetic, keeping the profile of the arco from looming over ground level viewers. Some first generation arcos were non-tapered and could cause vertigo to people who looked at them.

This tapering and looming vertigo imposing presence is a real world thing, and there are some walls and other big structures that are tapered because people close to them would either be affected by vertigo, as the structure seems to be visually hanging above them. Another effect was that there was a strong fear that the structure in question would tip over and fall on the viewer. (optical effects)

The building is a medium blue, and unlike many arcos in major cities and megacities, it doesn't have external mountings for advertising and entertainment media. The heloport on the top is prominent, but it has largely replaced the int'l airport for light air transit, with the older facility only serving semi-ballistic airliners and cargo haulers.

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: February 27, 2013, 04:44:39 AM »
Great, when I asked what the acro looked like, I was specifically wondering how it compared to first generation arcos....

When we looked at the acro did we see any activity or events that stray from the in world text book description of the arco....was there a giant dragon next on the heliport, was there a football field sized hole a whole in the side of the acro,  was it shrouded in unnatural  fog, was it being circled by wailing banshee's, were LAM mechs float sentry by the heliport, was there air traffic, were their birds flying about it, was there any sign of light, energy or activity?

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: February 27, 2013, 08:16:31 AM »
Great, when I asked what the acro looked like, I was specifically wondering how it compared to first generation arcos....

When we looked at the acro did we see any activity or events that stray from the in world text book description of the arco....was there a giant dragon next on the heliport, was there a football field sized hole a whole in the side of the acro,  was it shrouded in unnatural  fog, was it being circled by wailing banshee's, were LAM mechs float sentry by the heliport, was there air traffic, were their birds flying about it, was there any sign of light, energy or activity?

:facepalm:

The lights are on, but there seems to be no one home. The lights on the towers and other fixtures are plainly visible for miles around. But there is no activity, no craft buzzing around the heloport. There are no birds around the arco, but there are fixtures to repel them.

rolling D20: 19

The arco's defensive system was active, in that the missile racks around the heloport were extended and visible, and the laser turrets were also extended. They were not actively scanning, so it is likely that the system is running in a passive mode, and will reactivate and engage if it detects something sufficiently large and energetic, like an aircraft, mecha, or other large EM generating object.

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: February 27, 2013, 08:27:20 AM »
thanks

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: February 27, 2013, 10:10:11 AM »
thanks

I had a Sheldon moment, my apologies.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: March 03, 2013, 08:42:46 AM »
So I attempted to email everyone individually the maps for the game, from their listed email addresses, three of them were returned as undeliverable

Offline caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards 2013 Most Quest Submissions 2013 System of the Year Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite
    • Awards
« Reply #90 on: March 11, 2013, 09:09:30 AM »
Brian: "Listen you tin can of asswipe, I found this air tram it will fly us to the acro directly, so get back here, my brilliant superior intellect is bored."

Really? :)

Though Brian is, naturally, so very much smarter in every way than the rest of you fools... Tin can of asswipe?

Hmm... I might have to recycle it for Jaos. But frankly, Brian likes Humans and seibertons. Clones are debatable. Mutants, like neo-ethnics and augmens, are not worth the CO2 I'd breathe out to curse them with.

But still, nice with the ego! Brian likes!

caesar193
Moderator of the  Cartography Guild
LEVEL SEVEN
Cartographer, middling minion- level two
Dwarf-level one
Necromancer, Acolyte Octavian Morbidius- level one
Divine Syond, Novice Follower of Lunism- level one
Jacob Latris, Demonologist of the Brotherhood- level two
--------------------------------------------------------
STR: 6 | END: 6 | CON: 5 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 7 | INT: 11
Our maps are always 100% right,. Its the terrain that's wrong.

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: March 11, 2013, 06:00:46 PM »
Thanks for letting me get one in line with the your character. I am recognize that I couldn't do him justice, but enjoyed trying, thanks for the spin.

Offline caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards 2013 Most Quest Submissions 2013 System of the Year Lifeforms Guild 2012 Newbie of the Year Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: March 13, 2013, 09:06:54 PM »
I will be gone(ish) over the next four days. If Brian's services are needed, he will mutter some curse about neo-ethnics and augmens, and complete the service. Or if this current little encounter proves to be more than a match for us (the girls going to pull some freaky moves), then he will try his utmost to escape. Muttering curses about incompetent mutants as he does so.

I say gone(ish) because I may have time to check in sporadically. Possibly. Probably. Don't count on it.

And so, goodbye citadel, goodbye party, I shall be back in four days.

caesar193
LEVEL SEVEN
Dwarf-level one

Offline caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2013, 07:21:31 PM »
I'm back.

Because I'm lazy and don't feel like scrolling through the recent action, I'm going to guess that the only thing that has happened is that we've shot at the people we saw, and those people have shot at us. Has the girl whipped out some freaky, awesome, and demented moves yet? Was Brian harmed by those moves? Was he forced to, by incompetent mutants, deal with this latest upstart?

caesar193
LEVEL SEVEN
Dwarf-level one

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: March 18, 2013, 08:33:41 AM »
I'm back.

Because I'm lazy and don't feel like scrolling through the recent action, I'm going to guess that the only thing that has happened is that we've shot at the people we saw, and those people have shot at us. Has the girl whipped out some freaky, awesome, and demented moves yet? Was Brian harmed by those moves? Was he forced to, by incompetent mutants, deal with this latest upstart?

Guns have fired, bullets have missed, the dice are not with the group this battle. Blue/Echo force pushed the girl back towards the group and then shot her with his lasrifle and her Taliban Vest exploded. This is where we are

Offline caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: April 08, 2013, 08:15:04 PM »
Soooooooo..... It's been six days since this whole game has seen action. Brian still doesn't know what his loot- I mean, borrowings are. And whether Muldoon has succeeded in his painting of the ground with a nice red color. So is this thing done? If so, note to self: play more versatile character in next RP, that can be involved in more activities.

Both Brian and caesar193 would like to hack his way into the arco, tap into the weapon systems, and blow up those PRC possible threats! And, of course, hold the world hostage for, say, quadruple what that Johnson chap offered. Naturally.

So, yes on the go?

caesar193
LEVEL SEVEN
Dwarf-level one

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: April 09, 2013, 07:21:17 AM »
I've had, and will have a busy schedule for the next week or two so haven't devoted time to the RP likeI would like to.

I'm not liking how the shoot from the hip dice are working, the Cosmic Era is supposed to be fast, and lethal and the firefight was certainly not fast, and nor was it very lethal.

1 - critical failure
2-6 - standard failure
7-12 - standard success
13-18 - good success
19 - excellent success
20 - critical success

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: April 09, 2013, 07:25:46 AM »
Soooooooo..... It's been six days since this whole game has seen action. Brian still doesn't know what his loot- I mean, borrowings are. And whether Muldoon has succeeded in his painting of the ground with a nice red color. So is this thing done? If so, note to self: play more versatile character in next RP, that can be involved in more activities.

Both Brian and caesar193 would like to hack his way into the arco, tap into the weapon systems, and blow up those PRC possible threats! And, of course, hold the world hostage for, say, quadruple what that Johnson chap offered. Naturally.

So, yes on the go?

I don't know where Morte has gotten off to, so if you wanted you could run Fade, the gun adept and Brian Bolles could be the mcguffin that the group has to protect so he can hack doors and computers.

items 'borrowed'
S3 Lite interface (for mobile net browsing)
Several high end tablets (street value once jailbroken)
Hologram Girlfriend System
Control Dongle for personal (missing) aerocar

Offline caesar193

• Slithy Tove
  • Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
« Reply #98 on: April 15, 2013, 09:13:35 PM »
Ummmm... Axelrowes, my only question is about that picture that has a dog in it. What dog?

And scrasamax, this Hologram Girlfriend system, what sorts of things can Brian do with it after this mission is over (or perhaps during, i havent decided yet  :wink:) ? If Brian finds himself lonely in a stray corner in the arco- sorry, i mean hotel room- how can this hologram... Entertain him?

caesar193
LEVEL SEVEN
Dwarf-level one

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #99 on: April 15, 2013, 09:27:32 PM »
d**n it ceasar is a AI construct....that explains the girlfriend thing, so were you built to spy on the Iranian missile program or play chess?

What else do they build AIs for these days?