llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Barak the Beast  (Read 3921 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline strom

• Guardian
    • Awards
Barak the Beast
« on: July 27, 2003, 03:40:24 AM »
Long ago, in the land of ogra; deep in the tepid swamp, lies the ruined city of Bulinia. As history tells it, the Bulin people were very docile and content with their lives. That is, of course, until the coming of Barak.

He was born on a mid-summers night. Some say it was the full moon's fault, while others believe his mother was cursed, but Barak, himself, says that his mother's affair with Gruz- the god of disguest and misery- created the malevolent child everyone called Barak the Beast.

Barak's mother kept her pregnancy a secret, and even took precautions to give birth outside the city, so none could witness the birth. At first, she took care of the infant, but, later-on, he became uncontrollably mischievous.

Excuse me, I am getting ahead of myself. Where was I, oh yes, yes.

It is said that his mother first called him Barak the Beast. This is because of his dark hair that covered much of his arms and legs, and the small growl that he would give when angry.

As a child, Barak would raid merchants to steal their food, fish with his bare hands, and even tried to fly a couple of times. He landed on his head, the second time, keeping him unconscious for two days.

The childeren of the area also played pranks on him; teasing him about his looks.  Once reaching puberty, such innocent pranks dissolved into all out attacks. They would beat him and take whatever he possessed; even his clothes. An anger and passion slowly brewed inside.

At the age of 18, Barak began developing natural powers, His mother was his only support back then. She guided him and taught him different ways to use his gifts. She kept him from losing control.

One night, a band of young farmers attacked his home, while he was away hunting. They have been victimized by carnivorous animals that ate their live stock. Instead of dealing with the problem, they blamed Barak the Beast. Enacting their revenge, the farmers destroyed his home; burned it to the ground with his mother inside. Hoping to have caught him sleeping, the farmers were fear stricken when a howl roared through the night.

By daylight, all the inhabitants of Bulinia were slaughtered. Not a single animal, nor person was left standing, except for Barak. To this day he roams the swamp and surrounding countryside searching for any that resemble the inhabitants of Bulinia; attacking any that cross his path.

It is said that the spirits of the young men still haunt his mind; causing him much distress and anger. They seem to be tormenting him until his final breath.
Conan! What are three great things in life?

To crush your enemies; to have them flee before you, and to hear the lamenations of their women.

Conan The Barbarian

Offline strom

• Guardian
    • Awards
Barak the Beast
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2003, 03:43:02 AM »
I serously started with the intent to write a myth, but it seems as though this belongs with characters.

To crush your enemies; to have them flee before you, and to hear the lamenations of their women.

Conan The Barbarian

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Barak the Beast
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2003, 11:11:22 PM »
That's tragic and well-written.

The character is not the D&D, polar, cliche evil that we often see. That kind of evil is for demons. Anyway, this character is "Real World" evil, a sort of tortured, warped good. Abused as a child, his rage has taken hold of him and turned him into something dark.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline strom

• Guardian
    • Awards
Barak the Beast
« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2003, 02:38:39 AM »
Thanks. I just finished a long night at work and felt inspired to write someting. I dozed off twice before I finished this.

Hopefully, very soon, I will get a chance to fill him out more under characters. A chance to flesh him out more and maybe throw in some oddities.

Conan The Barbarian

Offline Ylorea

• Knight
    • http://www.home.zonnet.nl/ylorea
    • Awards
Barak the Beast
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2003, 02:11:20 AM »
May I say that I just love your work?

Anyway, by changing some time related words, you might very well turn this into a legend. The legend of the swamp killer so to say.

No doubt you can come up with a better name..

Ylorea

Please feel free to visit Teolin. (Simply press the "www" button)

Offline TomTeaLeaf

• Nomad
  • be aware of cthulhu
    • Awards
Re: Barak the Beast
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 04:13:42 PM »
hey i read it and this history s great :), maybe i will use it in one of my adventures, but what about if u make a draw of him- you are the one who created-;  by the way am new here and am glad to ve `found this site.

Offline TomTeaLeaf

• Nomad
  • be aware of cthulhu
    • Awards
Re: Barak the Beast
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 04:25:06 PM »
am making one, s about a dark wizard who dissapeared a long time ago and everyone think that he`s dead.... There are a societies who looks for his researches and his girmoire, but nobody has succeed. He s also an alchemist who made chimeras- there are some who stills alive-, am thinking about how s he alive?? maybe he turned himself into a lich or he bound his soul to a stone and othe things....
well thats all for now, i will repla iit when am done
bye the way sorry 4 my english ok  :P