llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Map Challenge #1: Decathros  (Read 8611 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Elite Hall of Heroes 10 Master Questor Elite NPC Guild Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: Map Challenge #1: Decathros
« Reply #75 on: March 31, 2014, 02:13:25 PM »
I made ShadowEagle the owner since he originated the idea.  I can change it  - or Strolen can - if needed.  This involves going into the database at this time.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #76 on: March 31, 2014, 02:31:46 PM »
I made ShadowEagle the owner since he originated the idea.  I can change it  - or Strolen can - if needed.  This involves going into the database at this time.
By all rights, SE has ownership of the concept. I cede any claims of arbitration to him.

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline Jojokiwi

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #77 on: March 31, 2014, 11:33:10 PM »
I would like to claim #19
Welcome to Draloste, the pits of death:
While Draloste is thought to have no inhabitants, this is a misconception; the inhabitants are mostly nomads and live as such because of the unique ecosystem of this land.  A casual traveler through this land would find that on the surface it looks somewhat like a rocky dessert pockmarked by giant holes of 3-4 miles across.  The nomads know more about the land's secrets; the holes in the land are filled with miniature ecosystems, though few have ventured further as the holes are several hundred feet deep.  The majority of the holes are filled with rare and unusual plants, beasts, and races.  The majority of these holes are only explored by adventurers as they contain the promise of rare materials and treasure.
Cities:
There is only two real cities, Crash and Vartrum's Fall.  Crash is so named because it is further in and more of a settlement with few permanent buildings whereas Vartrum's Fall is named after the founder Vartrum and the less than delicate way he reached the bottom of this trope.  After some exploration he found that this hole was filled with miniature versions of most of the beasts that live in the above ground world and that while there were more violent creatures they were easily dealt with.  He tamed the various creatures and started the city. 
Though Vartrum was lucky, most aren't; as the majority of the pits are full of much larger and deadlier life and that is why, except for the nomads, most of the pits are left unexplored and their contents undocumented.  The problem with this is that certain areas are rife with crime and revolutionaries who use these as hideouts that they know all but the most brave mercenaries or law enforcement would dare follow. 

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Elite Hall of Heroes 10 Master Questor Elite NPC Guild Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #78 on: April 01, 2014, 04:39:27 AM »
Currently, 19 is claimed by Cheka. There are no unclaimed territories. But there are a few with only placeholder status.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #79 on: April 01, 2014, 05:41:30 AM »
I've just got a question. Since SE is the overall creator and administrator of this world, I need to ensure that my creative vision conforms to his general idea of what this world  should encompass.  Are we limited to human and humanoid civilizations or are we allowed to pretty much do anything we want?  I want to start writing up the sentient crayfish and crab folk  who inhabit zone 20, but I need to check with SE if that's cool with him.   
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Knight
  • ABWB: Always Be World building
  • Awards NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Questor Item Guild 2012 Most Comments of the Year Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #80 on: April 01, 2014, 06:34:27 AM »
we have gator men....but hey as I told the girl I met at Mardi Gras in 2001, I love crayfish, and crabs don't bother me.

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #81 on: April 01, 2014, 06:59:05 AM »
I don't recall SE ever trying to set limits on content, beyond overlapping claims.

And if he says no to sentient crabs, I will physically fight him until he yields. :paladin:

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #82 on: April 01, 2014, 07:06:37 AM »
Sorry guys, i've neglected this thread lately!

Maggot: I created this thread but I have absolutely zero say with what goes on in your zone; which is the entire point of the thread - each zone is entirely your own to do with what you will. So long as you don't overstep your boundaries by dictating what happens in other authors' zones (unless you have their permission), you may do what you wish!
Lazarus Lightward, Elite Diabolist of the Brotherhood - Level 3 Occultist
Deathpriest Noxx, Herald of Eternal Silence – Level 2 Necromancer
STR: 2 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 12 | INT: 13

Strolenite Relic, resurfaced.

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
  • Awards 2013 Location of the Year Questor NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #83 on: April 01, 2014, 07:26:05 AM »
I hereby add a clause to Decathros!

The following clause deals with inactivity and lack of expansion on land.

Should a claim be made upon a zone, that zone is the exclusive right of he or she who initiated the claim.
The claim remains the exclusive right of the claimer for:
 (1) A period of ONE month from claim date for unexpanded land (Hereby defined as any zone which has no or very minor/summarized updates made upon it) OR
 (2) A period of THREE months from the last update of expanded land (Hereby defined as any zone with which has significant improvements made upon it).

To extend the ownership of land by One month (in the case of unexpanded land) or THREE months (In the case of expanded land), a claimer must simply make a post in this thread stating their intention.

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #84 on: April 01, 2014, 07:35:56 AM »
Region 1 is under work by myself. I hope to provide an update soon.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #85 on: April 01, 2014, 07:50:07 AM »
I have updated the initial post with the claims. 19 is currently claimed by both. If both authors agree (Cheka Man and Modred11), We shall split area 19 into 19a (Modred11)and 19b  (Cheka man).

19a, the 'Upper' half of 19, constitutes the main bulk of the light blue area, excluding the south-eastern section, and the two larger isles to the south. 19a includes the tiny 'speck' island to the south.

19b constitutes the south-eastern section of land, and the two larger south isles.

19a Shall belong to Modred11

19b Shall belong to Cheka Man.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 08:07:56 AM by valadaar »

Offline Shadoweagle

• Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Clear as Glass
    • Awards
« Reply #86 on: April 01, 2014, 07:54:46 AM »
It is done. All lands are claimed.

Some may be open for re-claiming soon however, as we investigate inactivity of a few members. Keep an eye open!

I don't think Decathros will be expanded further to create more lands for claiming - it will get too cluttered.

HOWEVER!

I am considering making a new land; fresh and with multitudes of lands up for grabs, in the next month or two. I will make a new thread down the track for suggestions.

Online Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
  • "No power in the 'Verse"
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 2012 Most Votes of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #87 on: April 01, 2014, 09:44:49 AM »
I'm happy to wait for new areas. Will check every now and then for updates.

Kassandra Quilldancer
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 2 | DEX: 3| CHA: 2 | INT: 2

Offline Maggot

• Insectoid Horror Of Canberra
  • Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Society Guild Elite Society Guild Locations Guild Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #88 on: April 01, 2014, 12:08:49 PM »
 I present to you Codarshool, the land of wonders.

20 - Orangeish on bottom left- A long peninsula, it is heavy with mountains and crags. The islands have low to mid elevation and get plenty of rain. Neighbors are 14 to the north and 19 to the east.

Area Overview

Cordarshool is inhabited by various kinds of exotic aquatic life-forms. For that reason ,it is known as the land of wonders among the peoples of the neighboring areas. The tiny islands are  mostly inhabited by a fishing folk known as the Sagal.    A small, diminutive race of amphibians , they guard their fish-traps and small rice-fields zealously from the scourge of the crayfish-men and other monstrous denizens of the seas.    Greatly feared among the latter are the Togarrdi, the gar-people. Monstrous creatures that easily dwarf most beings of the land , they wander the waters , preying on anything that they can seize their jaws around. And yet even they are vulnerable to the  menace of the crayfish-folk who prey on their eggs and fingerlings. For this reason, there is great hatred between these two races.   

Infesting some of the uninhabited islands are bands of roving pirates who occasionally  sail into into neighboring lands to pillage them. Refugees from justice in their own countries of origin, they are led by a  messianic figure who proclaims that a glorious day will someday arise when the gods of the sea will anoint them  as rulers over the whole of Dectharos.

Dwelling  further inland among the mountains of this meandering peninsula  , are the mysterious Twigham.  A strange, misshapen race, they are afflicted with a murderous hunger for the flesh  of man. In their mountain aeries, they  pay homage to mysterious astral powers that live above in the stratosphere, seeking to channel the awesome energies of these mysterious beings for their own nefarious ends. It is largely due to them that the mountains are largely impassable from neighboring areas.   Any travelers who fall into their hands will meet a most gruesome demise.

Living deep beneath  the lofty dwellings of the Twigahm are the Vorrkussh, a species of sentient subterranean dwellers. Residing in the perpetual dark that immerses the extensive caves to be found at the very roots of the mountains, they are utterly oblivious to the affairs of the surface-dwellers. Instead, they devote their attention to thoughts of the alien worlds that they belief exist in a parallel dimension mirroring  ours, considering this realm to be an illusory shadow created by some all-powerful deity to imprison errant souls. 
« Last Edit: April 01, 2014, 12:24:37 PM by Maggot »
“I'm yet another resource-consuming kid in an overpopulated planet, raised to an alarming extent by Hollywood and Madison Avenue, poised with my cynical and alienated peers to take over the world when you're old and weak.” -Bill Watterson

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #89 on: April 01, 2014, 12:57:49 PM »
Okay, another neat development.

The map (http://strolen.com/regions/16) can be used as a clickmap, so all you need to do is create a stub for your region and let me know. I can work out the coordinates and then you can click on the map to go to your country.

Right now it works for #1, Kelevest.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Knight
  • Awards NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Questor Item Guild 2012 Most Comments of the Year Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #90 on: April 01, 2014, 08:57:54 PM »
Does it have to be a stub?

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #91 on: April 01, 2014, 09:25:46 PM »
Not at all if it is ready to be a submisson.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Jojokiwi

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #92 on: April 02, 2014, 08:59:45 PM »
Currently, 19 is claimed by Cheka. There are no unclaimed territories. But there are a few with only placeholder status.
well that's disappointing,  thanks for pointing this out val...is there any news on another map?

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Knight
    • Awards
« Reply #93 on: April 02, 2014, 09:45:20 PM »
Okay, another neat development.

The map (http://strolen.com/regions/16) can be used as a clickmap, so all you need to do is create a stub for your region and let me know. I can work out the coordinates and then you can click on the map to go to your country.

Right now it works for #1, Kelevest.

Could you just use my histories of the spiked sea post?

http://strolen.com/viewing/The_Histories_of_the_Spiked_Sea

Offline Gossamer

• Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Status Quo is the DEVIL
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
« Reply #94 on: April 03, 2014, 06:32:14 AM »
18)

So far unnamed

A desert society with de-centralized goverment and low technology.
The people there lives in a dreamlike daze of harmony with big strange white alien beings that walks on stilt-like legs. These creatures are worshipped as holy but not above eating or killing their worshippers from time to time. The droppings of the creatures are used as intoxicants but contains a parasite that makes them see the creatures in a more positive light. Visitors to the region are often congregated upon by the creatures and made to inhale the fumes of their droppings to be integrated into society. Despite their addled drug euphoria, they are fully functional and while not above an agrarian technology grade they are versatile in gerilla warfare making most nations think twice about attacking them. Not to mention there's not a whole lot in the ways of natural resources.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #95 on: April 03, 2014, 07:01:13 AM »

well that's disappointing,  thanks for pointing this out val...is there any news on another map?

Not yet - SE mentioned another may be in the offing at some time.

Now, partitioning is allowed, so someone could offer up a portion of their territory - I have a couple of Islands in the Bay of Kelevest which you could have if that worked for you:

Keep in mind with North Korea/ er Vartanadel to the south, those islands are in contested waters.  Vartanadel and Kelevest ships frequently have 'incidents' in those waters.

A small power on those islands would have an interesting time of it.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline modred11

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
« Reply #96 on: April 05, 2014, 02:45:48 AM »
I have updated the initial post with the claims. 19 is currently claimed by both. If both authors agree (Cheka Man and Modred11), We shall split area 19 into 19a (Modred11)and 19b  (Cheka man).

19a, the 'Upper' half of 19, constitutes the main bulk of the light blue area, excluding the south-eastern section, and the two larger isles to the south. 19a includes the tiny 'speck' island to the south.

19b constitutes the south-eastern section of land, and the two larger south isles.

19a Shall belong to Modred11

19b Shall belong to Cheka Man.

I didn't realize I had claimed an area that had already been claimed, I apologize for doing that. I can withdraw my claim if it's a problem, or go along with this solution. I didn't have any ideas for what to do with the south-eastern section either way.

Offline MysticMoon

• Mad Prophet
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Månlufsen (The Moon Bum)
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 5 2011 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #97 on: April 06, 2014, 11:42:06 AM »
Idea Placeholder

Ancient race of Vulture people once had cities of advanced magic and science but the race has long since died out. The crumbling remains of their cities lie at the heart of a nigh-impenetrable desert. Their lore is coveted by the few who have even heard rumors of their existence.

Some even whisper of survivors who have been kept in stasis for millennia...
« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 11:45:35 AM by MysticMoon »
Chosen of Aktagarti – Divine Synod Guild – Level 1
Might: 2 | Agility: 3 | Wits: 4 | Charm: 3 | Spirit: 4 | Power: 2

The old man, grey-haired, braid hanging down.
He is clothed in faded brown robes.
His craggy face is turned up, bathed in moonlight;
He looks for his goddess to smile upon him.