llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The promise of the elephanters  (Read 1549 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline ephemeralstability

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Knight
  • Awards Item Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
The promise of the elephanters
« on: January 25, 2004, 03:51:28 AM »
"Lom-bu harusad, boadaa numbadu anaman."
- When the Earth falls and is ruled by you

The ancient promise of the elephanters to their steeds and beasts of burden. The elephants have always been angry at their human captors, demanding freedom with their plaintive trumpets, dreaming through the night of running over open grassland only to wake and find themselves shackled and trapped.

They could easily escape, but what good would it do? It's been tried before, but the antagonist is always hunted down and killed. There are just too many humans.

The elephanters taunted their elephants by saying they would be free when mankind and civilisation crumbled. Then they would rule the Earth. However, their taunts never troubled the elephants. They were interpreted as a promise...

The Lom-bu, mighty elephants, have made it a precept of their religious beliefs that they will be free one day, and that mankind will fall. Perhaps they are right.

When the gates of Uzamin broke during the Siege of Four Summers, and the fiery stones were hurled from the catapults of the enemy, the whole battle stopped for five minutes while a massive troupe of elephants thundered over the moat, trumpeting. The elephanters understood the sounds.

"Lom-bu haresan, boadaa numsad anamu"
"Happy is the tomb where no wizard hath lain, and happy the town at night whose wizards are all ashes" - H P Lovecraft, The Festival

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Re: The promise of the elephanters
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2012, 03:37:15 PM »
Majestic little snippet, this! Brings out emotions.
Strolenati Guild – Adept-Seeker
Dwarven Guild – Ironball Steelbutter
Level 2
STR: 4 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Re: The promise of the elephanters
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, 01:26:20 AM »
Took me about five tries to say that first quote out loud.

Then I got down to my shorts, grabbed a stick with bones on it and started a bowing/stomping circle. My voice rose and fell with the winds until my daughter asked me where I got the stick. Then we had breakfast.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.