llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Adventures  (Read 7369 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline devblu

• Apprentice
    • http://dragondreamproductions.tk
    • Awards
Adventures
« on: July 25, 2003, 01:57:58 PM »
((OOC: I am starting this one since my last one went dead))

A mysterious person in a nice robe that made his face hidden walks into the town of Versila. It became quite when everybody in town could feel his power. He asks a child, "Where may I find Gladian?" The Child points to a house along the way. "Good boy. Thankyou." So he walks up to the house and notices...
obey me or suffer... In a good way!

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Adventures
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2003, 02:02:01 PM »
OOC: Which one? I posted on that G-Force thing...
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist

Offline devblu

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Adventures
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2003, 02:04:49 PM »
OOC:Thats not mine.

Offline Shandra

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Adventures
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2003, 08:22:55 PM »
OOC: lol shouldn't someone continue with the story?????
Whispers in the dark...glowing eerie eyes...the swish of wings upon the air...I'm not alone...

Offline devblu

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Adventures
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2003, 08:10:04 PM »
((OOC: Good pointlol))

He noticesa  creak at the door as ifsomeone was watching. Well he also thought he sensed a dark evil within. So he unseathed his sword and jabbed through the door. But yet he just found out that he just killed Gladian. The only thing dark was his robe."Well that figures," The mysteriousman said. "Now the quest is left to another person."

Offline Cat

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Adventures
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2003, 04:32:02 PM »
Leia watched the roudies closely.  She knew they would begin thier usuall attempt at manhandling her as soon as the grog they were drinking went to thier head.  She hated having to stay in this town, waiting on tables.  But until she found a way out she was stuck here.  She carefully felt her thigh beaneath her dress to be sure her dagger was still there, then went to the table with her tray full of drinking glasses....
"I'm not crazy, I'm just a little unwell..."

Offline devblu

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Adventures
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2003, 09:20:48 AM »
((OOC:Sorry, school ya know and problems with computers))

The mysterious personwalks in this place. everybody stares.He just looks and takes out his sword. ????: I want I challanger. Winner recievesa prize as well as a duty to accomplish.
Man: What is the prize?
????:Anyone that can defeat me will get 5000 peices of gold.

Offline Luke Lavin

• King
    • http://roleplay.andromorphia.com/
    • Awards
Adventures
« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2003, 10:10:04 PM »
Luke walks in and relishes the wramth of the fire and ignores the man spouting challenges.  He shrugs of his furs and bowand quiver.  Then seats himslef at a table by the fire.  After a month in the woods he felt liek getting drunk but upon exmining his belt pouch he only had enough for a hot drink and hot food. He waved for the waitress...

Offline Raen

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Adventures
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2003, 07:09:39 PM »
Raen stared at the man whose waving the sword, looking for all he's worth like a demented drunk in the third state of drink. She felt tempted to take him on, her money was running out rapidly. He had a sword, however. All she had were two daggers at her waist.

Still... Raen had full confidence in her skill as a fighter, and could quite possibly defeat the man. She was smaller than him, for one thing, and she knew how fast she was. Fingering the hilt of one of her daggers, she stood up, ignoring the eyes fixed on her.

"The money sounds good, and I'll take you on for that." She tells the man, walking up to him. "But what's this nonsense about a duty to acomplish?" she asks.
'Me, a thief? Ah... no, why on earth would I be a thief?' - When questioned on her occupation.

Offline devblu

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Adventures
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2003, 08:47:52 AM »
????: I shant not tell thee about a quest you must take inorder to get what you recieve. If you really need moneythis would be one of amillion chances to get what you should deserve. However if not, you may be facing death...

Offline Raen

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Adventures
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2003, 09:02:21 PM »
(OOC: Sorry for this, but just to mention, if you wish to talk in archaic language, then please keep it constant throughout the entire post, i.e. I shall not tell thee about a quest that thou must take... blah. Now, I pondered over your post for about a minute before understanding... please, could you use the not-so-little key called the spacebar?)

Raen looked at the man, measuring him. She'd been rather bored, recently, with nothing much to do but wander around. A quest sounded interesting, but she had no reason in particular to accept a quest from something that looked like a beer soaked dog.

Still... it sounded interesting. She hated to admit it, but she was tempted to go. She had a feeling, however, that it would be yet another chase after some random ancient relic. She rather detested those. And of course, there was always the chance of death, injury, killing, murder, things being stolen and so on and so forth.

She could survive for a long time without money, that much was certain. And as he put it, 'this would be one of a million chances...'. If she gave up on this there would be many more to come.

Looking at the man, she asked yet another question. "If this quest is so darned important, then why don't you do it yourself? If you'd answer truthfully then I'll take you and this nonsensical quest on."
'Me, a thief? Ah... no, why on earth would I be a thief?' - When questioned on her occupation.

Offline devblu

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Adventures
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2003, 04:54:36 PM »
(OOC: Yeah I am not going to do the language thing, oh and this keyboard doesnt respond to the spacebar sometimes)

????: That is a very good question as some may say, I unfortunatly am not fit for the task for I am in a way a messanger from an important person that is too forbiden to say. Only one person is fit for the task and it wasnt the person I thought it would be so fate has in fact turned against me, but the person is in this town and if someone doesnt win or stand up, I am afraid the consequences may be harsh.

Offline Raen

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Adventures
« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2003, 08:52:39 PM »
(OOC: Ah. The useless keyboard. Have dozens of them in school, irritating things that they are. If the keyboards do work then the mouse is spoilt. *grins* But I’m at home now…)

Raen raised an eyebrow. She didn’t believe in fate, nor did she believe in messengers from beings unknown. Still, there was the element of money to be considered. Tired of dragging on any longer, she pulled her daggers out of their sheaths, and flipped them round her hands.

“Alright. Personally, what I’m doing is crazy, nonsensical and doesn’t make sense. But in any case, I’ll fight. I suppose that I have as good a chance as anyone.�

Shifting into a half-crouch, she readied herself for the skirmish, studying her opponent.

“Let’s begin.�

Offline devblu

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Adventures
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2003, 08:52:59 AM »
????: Now I can see that your stance isa novice's stance, even though not an expert it doesnt have that many flaws in it except for some minor details. And I can explain them right here and now.
[He shifts his sword back gentally and shifts his hands to opposite sides and turning them backwards. Then charges at Raen]
????: You dont have a defense against any type of magic or skill!
[His sword starts to glow and he swings at Raen]

Offline Raen

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Adventures
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2003, 09:20:00 PM »
(OOC: Kind of unused to fight scenes. Still, will try my best. By the way, if you make any mistakes in your posts, obvious or not, be sure I’ll follow up on them. Write carefully, my pen you)

Raen grinned. “What need have I for defense when I have speed?� She threw back, smiling. If Raen had one flaw, it was that she looked on fighting as a form of play. It stemmed from the fact that she’d been trained from young in combat as a form of play, and she’d gotten used to fighting while smiling.

On the other hand, it usually freaked out her opponents.

Raen watched the man. Glowing sword or not, her mentor’s words echoed in her mind. Magic or not, well made or not, a sword is a sword, and has no special properties. It is the user who uses the weapon that makes it a dangerous.

She watched, viewing the way he raised his sword above his head, watched him start to swing it at her, watched his every minute move with the sword. Then at the last moment, when it seemed to late, when it seemed that he would cleave her in half…

She whirled to the side, a blur of movement. In an instant, the man’s sword cut through empty air. Still grinning, Raen laughed at the man as he turned again to face her. “Are we having fun yet?� She asked, flicking her daggers around her hands yet again. Shifting into a slightly different stance, she waited for the man to attack again, having a good idea already of his speed and his strength. Novice or not, she knew that she had the upper hand, even if it was for a short time.

And that was something to hold on to.

Offline devblu

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Adventures
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2003, 08:27:23 AM »
???? put his sword aside for the moment.

????:You maybe worthy so let me introduce myself... I am Zaax. The messanger, already in that first swing that you dodged. You've built up an ego. That little part of you can in fact lead to a downfall.

(OOC: sorry if I control your character once)

Zaax comes back withthe same thing and Raendoes the exact same dodge, only this time Zaax goes around andgrabs her.

Zaax: If this were my sword, you wouldnt be here right now.

Offline Raen

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Adventures
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2003, 10:28:09 PM »
(OOC: But I would never do the same move twice… as illustrated here. Besides, you know fully well that we’re not allowed to take control of other people, it’s against the rules. *frowns* I don’t really mind it, however, as I can counter you fairly well.)

Raen grinned. “Ah, but would I stay still this way for you to kill me?� She asks, suddenly raising a leg and stamping hard on Zaax’s foot. Taking advantage of his surprise, she deftly twists out and ducks under Zaax’s arm, one of her two daggers snaking up to his throat.

“I don’t really have an ego. I just fight as I’m trained to.� She states seriously as she lowers her arm. “I don’t stand still long enough for people to kill me. If I did, I’d be long dead by now.� She smiles, a short thing that lasts for only a second across her face. “Still, shall we say I won, then?�

Moving around to face Zaax, she let a slow grin creep across her face. “Just because I haven’t said it yet, I’m known as Raen.�

Offline devblu

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Adventures
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2003, 12:28:29 AM »
Zaax jumps out of Raen's reach.

"Well, no! See you have to have an ego just because you said that you fight well and is you seemed proud of it! hmph!..."

The crowd starts to get bored and people leave

"Hey wait, you cant leave, huh... I am about to unleash an devistating blow that will finish her!"

The crowd just leave and it is just him and Raen.

"Uhhh..."

Offline Raen

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Adventures
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2003, 09:49:17 AM »
(OOC: Ah well. Was that really you writing the last post? It isn’t in the same style as the rest.)

Raen watched the crowds diffuse away slowly, as they always did from a fight in a crowded area. Certainly at least some of them had bet on the outcome. She wondered to herself absently how much money had changed hands as she softly slid her daggers back into their sheaths.

“So now, it’s just me and you, Zaax.� She tries out his name, feeling it flow over her tongue, foreign and strange, like nothing she’s heard before. “Me and you and this d**nable quest. What are you going to do now?�

Raen slides into a chair on an unoccupied nearby table, as she motions for the man to do the same. “Fight’s over.� She says, as a smile finds its way to the corner of her mouth. “Let’s talk business. Concealed, I watched you enter this town, slide swords between doors and maybe, just maybe, I might have seen you kill a man. Then again, maybe not. Ordinary, everyday travelers don’t do that. You may well be drunk, but as far as I know, you aren’t an ordinary drunk.�

She leans back in her chair and stretches, a movement which would make any observers immediately relate her to a cat, before continuing. “I must admit, however, my interest has been suitably ignited. Pray, expound and explain the nature of your wonderful little quest, which you yourself cannot carry out.�

Offline devblu

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Adventures
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2003, 10:37:09 AM »
(OOC: Actually that was my writing, But lets just say as long as it works..)

"Certainly... well this will be difficult to explain. But anyways a day were a war of demons and monsters is coming and this needs to be stopped. If not, outcome will be deadly. In fact I killed what was supposed to be the original warrior for this quest. But anyways there is a sacred holy place where slots are located. In churches,in a room thatpeople cant find willbe these gems of different powers. Once they are placed in these slots the war should end. However it will not bethat easy.One, her all over the world, and two, there are people seeking the powers."

Offline Raen

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Adventures
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2003, 06:29:03 AM »
Raen coughed awkwardly. She had very mixed feelings about this. Part of her felt very doubtful of the whole thing. Jewels? Churches? On the whole, Raen wasn’t religious. She believed in God, but on the whole preferred to let God alone to do what God did best. She believed in angels, hell and demons. She swore by them. Offensively.

But she didn’t really go for all the ‘hellfire and brimstone’ and ‘the world is ending’ things. Still, however, she hadn’t had a good quest for a long time. She was a traveler at heart, having a too large fondness for the road and traveling. “So,� She asked, breaking the elephant-thick silence.

“If I do go on this quest, and I haven’t said that I will yet, I’ll need money. For lodging, food, expenses, bribes…� She tried to keep a straight face. “And I have questions. For example, do I have to do this alone?� Raen licked her lips tentatively, as if tasting the air. “And there’s the fact that I’m not religious. In any way whatsoever.�

"Oh yes. How am I supposed to get into rooms that people can't find?"

Offline devblu

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Adventures
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2003, 08:18:51 AM »
"Well of course I have to go along with you, for I know how to open these rooms for they are other dimensions. We will need to make a party of three however and till then our quest may not begin."

Offline Raen

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Adventures
« Reply #22 on: November 28, 2003, 11:39:44 PM »
(OOC: And just how is a third party supposed to pop up out of nowhere with an interest in a dark and mysterous quest? *grins*)

"Hmph." Raen stood up, clearly unamused. She cared nothing for threesomes, and was best suited to travelling alone. Travelling with a stranger, now that was another matter. "Can't do anything alone anymore, hm? Fine, then."

Absentmindely motioning for Zaax to stand up as well, she continued thinking aloud, an old habit, brought around by years of travelling with only herself for company. "Might as well go out into town, supplies and that sort of thing." Walking over to the door, Raen glances back at Zaax, a smile on her face.

"Are you coming?"

Offline devblu

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Adventures
« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2003, 11:22:59 AM »
(OOC: It doesnt really matter does it? Oneofuswould be able to play our character and the 3rd. But it doesnt matter. Whatever you choose)

"Sure I will come. I am a richman so if you do need some supplies just let me know." They both walk outside "Now truly we dont need a 3rd member but sometimes you might get in a tough situation where I am not around and your trapped."

Offline Raen

• Apprentice
    • Awards
Adventures
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2003, 09:50:13 PM »
(OOC: If anyone would like to take the role of the thief, that’s fine with me, otherwise the thief will be an NPC.)

Raen nodded to Zaax. And just what, she thought, do I need with a personal bodyguard of sorts? I thought I could protect myself well enough… “So we’ll probably need supplies and others, and I happen to have enough money of my own. I’ll just go and get some food and such, and you can go and get equipment. If you don’t have any weapons then you’d better buy some.�

Raen suddenly darted away from Zaax into the crowd, leaving him standing at the door of the tavern. And with any luck, he won’t follow me. All she wanted was some peace and quiet. The she spotted an apple stall. And I’m hungry, so that’ll do. She started to make her way over, then suddenly felt a slight pressure on her left side, where her money pouch hung.

Raen’s hand immediately darted to check, and discovered that she’d been relieved of what was left of her money. Spinning around, she saw a figure making away in the throng of the crowd. With my moneybag in its clutches.  Starting to push and slide through the crowd, she tracked the thief, determined not to let whoever it was get away. It would be impossible for her to track the thief again, as it was impossible to tell who it was from the back. Man, woman, child, it could be anyone.

Swearing again, Raen elbowed a random person aside. No one steals from me!