Extraneous Voices of Picayune > Citadel Tavern

NaNoWriMo 2012

(1/4) > >>

Context for anyone who isn't aware of this: NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writers Month) challenges writers to write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November. More details at their website: http://nanowrimo.org

I've been meaning to do this for years. The few times I've started I've never gotten more than a couple thousand words in and usually give up within the first week.

I've also been pretty dry lately as far as writing goes and I suspect that I'm second guessing myself way too much. I think this is just the kind of challenge I need to shake myself up by throwing myself into the pit of creative chaos.

Rather than think of it as a single 50,000 word challenge, I'm going to work on this as a progression of smaller challenges:

Anyone else care to join the challenge?

Ooh, I've been wanting to do this a while too. I'll try my hand at it, see how long I last. As a devout worshipper of Mathom, my record in such matters is suspect, but I'm still game.

If I write 1300~ words on weekdays and 2500 on weekend days, I might could get to 50k. No more Zelda for me after tomorrow night, then.

I've wanted to do NaNoWriMo for years now, but kept finding reasons each November to not start.  Screw it.  I'll throw in this year and see what comes of it.

Day 1

Got a late start and only managed to get 438 words down before exhaustion set in. Tomorrow being a Friday, hopefully I can make some coffee and knock some more out later into the night.

The story itself is, well, only just beginning. I'm trying extremely hard to not do what I usually do and nitpick every sentence until it's perfect. Maybe that'll increase my output in the long term.

I was thinking about it this year too. I have promotion testing the first week of December so I always have to dedicate November to hardcore studying. :(

Good luck to you all! Should be a fun challenge!!

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version