Extraneous Voices of Picayune > Citadel Tavern

NaNoWriMo 2012

(1/4) > >>

MysticMoon:
Context for anyone who isn't aware of this: NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writers Month) challenges writers to write a 50,000 word novel during the month of November. More details at their website: http://nanowrimo.org

I've been meaning to do this for years. The few times I've started I've never gotten more than a couple thousand words in and usually give up within the first week.

I've also been pretty dry lately as far as writing goes and I suspect that I'm second guessing myself way too much. I think this is just the kind of challenge I need to shake myself up by throwing myself into the pit of creative chaos.

Rather than think of it as a single 50,000 word challenge, I'm going to work on this as a progression of smaller challenges:

Anyone else care to join the challenge?

Dozus:
Ooh, I've been wanting to do this a while too. I'll try my hand at it, see how long I last. As a devout worshipper of Mathom, my record in such matters is suspect, but I'm still game.

If I write 1300~ words on weekdays and 2500 on weekend days, I might could get to 50k. No more Zelda for me after tomorrow night, then.

Dossta:
I've wanted to do NaNoWriMo for years now, but kept finding reasons each November to not start.  Screw it.  I'll throw in this year and see what comes of it.

Dozus:
Day 1

Got a late start and only managed to get 438 words down before exhaustion set in. Tomorrow being a Friday, hopefully I can make some coffee and knock some more out later into the night.

The story itself is, well, only just beginning. I'm trying extremely hard to not do what I usually do and nitpick every sentence until it's perfect. Maybe that'll increase my output in the long term.

Strolen:
I was thinking about it this year too. I have promotion testing the first week of December so I always have to dedicate November to hardcore studying. :(

Good luck to you all! Should be a fun challenge!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version