Idea Guild > Cosmic Pluralism

I Really Need to Make the Cosmic Era it's Own Forum Section

<< < (2/5) > >>

Scrasamax:
Blade Runner is on the list, lol. I forgot about Toy Soldiers, that is a good one. I didn't add I, Robot because I haven't seen it. I read the Aasimov books and had no interest in watching any movies made from the books.

Teeth made it to the list because of the disturbing factor

Morte:

--- Quote from: Scrasamax on February 04, 2013, 08:09:05 AM ---Blade Runner is on the list, lol. I forgot about Toy Soldiers, that is a good one. I didn't add I, Robot because I haven't seen it. I read the Aasimov books and had no interest in watching any movies made from the books.

Teeth made it to the list because of the disturbing factor

--- End quote ---

iRobot is passe, okay for someone who hasn't read the books such as I have but even a science fiction nut such as myself found it okay. I'll try to think of any others that might have slipped my mind.

And I still like the idea of a psychotic Ko Girl using the same, um, ability as that of the woman in Teeth.

Scrasamax:
I actually enjoyed Teeth as a cinematic experience, it was IMHO a well made low budget indie movie, plus the female lead has some very nice boobs. It had some truly disturbing moments, as well as some hilarious/horror funny moments (such as the entire scene with the OB/GYN). That being said, I was put off any sort of romance with the wife for about a week afterwards.

Aasimov was a good writer, but I loathed his 3 Laws of Robotics. They were fantastic for creating conflict by contradicting each other and creating horrible paradoxes in logic and good stories. The fact that modern roboticists (or whatever robot boffins are called) use the 3 Laws as guidelines, well I find that frakking horrifying 

Scrasamax:
10 Most Influential Movies for the Cosmic Era

Aeon Flux (movie and series)
Babylon A.D.
Repo! The Genetic Opera
Total Recall
Demolition Man
Johnny Mnemonic
The Matrix
Judge Dredd
Strange Days
Dark City

Morte:

--- Quote from: Scrasamax on February 04, 2013, 11:07:37 PM ---I actually enjoyed Teeth as a cinematic experience, it was IMHO a well made low budget indie movie, plus the female lead has some very nice boobs. It had some truly disturbing moments, as well as some hilarious/horror funny moments (such as the entire scene with the OB/GYN). That being said, I was put off any sort of romance with the wife for about a week afterwards.

Aasimov was a good writer, but I loathed his 3 Laws of Robotics. They were fantastic for creating conflict by contradicting each other and creating horrible paradoxes in logic and good stories. The fact that modern roboticists (or whatever robot boffins are called) use the 3 Laws as guidelines, well I find that frakking horrifying

--- End quote ---

Yeah, but try watching Teeth with your dad, who just so happens to be a major pervert. He loved to pause, rewind, and reply in slow-mo and preferably on zoom with the whole boobs and what not.  :what: Totally ruined the experience for me.

And perhaps they use them as the fact that robotics have not got nowhere near as advanced yet to worry?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version