Citadel Guilds > Dwarven Guild

What it is to be a Dwarf

<< < (2/2)

axlerowes:
An interesting suggestion, I guess from the folklore stand point elves, gnomes, goblins, kobolds and dwarves could be interchangeable. 

Cheka Man:
Tell it like it is. :)

Dossta:
You know, statistically speaking, 6 out of 7 dwarves aren't happy. ;)

Gossamer:
Would these dwarves be living above ground then? The whole red meat thing, if it's below ground, I always figured they would eat insects, bats and rats, maybe the odd subterranean worm or the likes. Makes em a bit more exotic at least. Not to mention there isn't a whole lot of grass below ground...

I've always hated the fact that there seem to be so little separating the various fantasy races, other than appearances and a gimmick or two. But that's the thing, you can't move too far away from what makes a bipedal intelligent humanoid, then you end up with something that's unplayable. Take a look at 4E, there isn't a single playable creature larger than Medium sized, heck, in 4E, even the dwarves count as Medium.

Strolen:
That is an interesting point. And eating bugs and rats makes waaaaay too much sense. Maybe potatoes and mushrooms? But that is a super valid point. What an opportunity missed with all the fantasy meals described through the ages!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version