Based on a brilliant set of rules Bre PettisThe Cult of Done Manifesto
- There are three states of being. Not knowing, action and completion.
- Accept that everything is a draft. It helps to get it done.
- There is no editing stage.
- Pretending you know what you're doing is almost the same as knowing what you are doing, so just accept that you know what you're doing even if you don't and do it.
- Banish procrastination. If you wait more than a week to get an idea done, abandon it.
- The point of being done is not to finish but to get other things done.
- Once you're done you can throw it away.
- Laugh at perfection. It's boring and keeps you from being done.
- People without dirty hands are wrong. Doing something makes you right.
- Failure counts as done. So do mistakes.
- Destruction is a variant of done.
- If you have an idea and publish it on the internet, that counts as a ghost of done.
- Done is the engine of more.
The Cult of Done is in a constant battle with the Priests of Mathom. It is an epic tug of war with a large pile of mud in the middle. We are always dirty.Cult of Done Requirements:
Only you can determine if you meet the requirements, and if you post something, you actually meet the requirements BUT not really the intention of the Cult.
Those that are struggling to get an idea out and just do it, have tons of stuff in work and finally power through the difficulty of finishing them or if you do something as an experiment or a challenge that is outside your comfort zone...those are exceptional circumstances that meet the call of the Cult of Done!The Cult of Done is one of two Guilds that you can join at any moment even if in the middle of another quest
If you meet a requirement, you are instantly accepted.For those that become members
There is nobody you have tell and nothing you have to do.
You don't earn anything and, even if you did, you don't have to actually comply with it.
If some of your posts fit this criteria, it wouldn't hurt to brag about it and use "Cult of Done" as your Freetext so we know that the submission was an extra challenge for you.
This is another open Guild that is open for other ideas!