Strolenati Discussions > Site Help

Pics and formatting

<< < (2/9) > >>

Strolen:
That is a direct link to the graphic. So if you upload it somewhere else and link to it, I believe it will grow with the content area. I think I made it so it didn't go outside.

1200px is very wide. A normal 15" to 17" monitor would default to 1024px wide so that image would go across the entire screen. Most monitors are bigger than that now, but the webpage useable area is the issue.

Attach your graphic in the forum which has bigger limits and let me take a look at it.

Gossamer:

--- Quote from: Strolen on June 11, 2013, 12:00:58 PM ---Attach your graphic in the forum which has bigger limits and let me take a look at it.

--- End quote ---

Okay.

Dossta:
Incidentally, what is the Citadel's policy on images that we didn't create/commission?  Sometimes random images on Google can inspire a whole sub, and I'd like to post links to them or upload them here, but don't want to accidentally create a problem by doing so.

Strolen:
I slapped it in there. Text is somewhat difficult in the best of times. If you made it the same as you did but make the text bigger but keep the width the same, it would probably show better. For that, all I did was link directly to the forum image so it is easy to replace and test a bit.

My policy. Don't get me in trouble is my policy. Most graphics have linking permissions or reposting with a link as long as you don't do any type of editing beyond size. In most cases, if you use a picture, give credit and link back, the artist generally won't sue me about it. Generally.

Gossamer:

--- Quote from: Strolen on June 12, 2013, 01:59:32 PM ---I slapped it in there. Text is somewhat difficult in the best of times. If you made it the same as you did but make the text bigger but keep the width the same, it would probably show better. For that, all I did was link directly to the forum image so it is easy to replace and test a bit.

--- End quote ---

Hmm, thanks. It's not very big, but at least it's readable(for me at least). I think I'll keep the exerpt though for clarity. I dunno if I can make the text much bigger without the sentences cutting off weirdly though.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version