Strolenati Discussions > Site Help

Pics and formatting

(1/9) > >>

Scrasamax:
So I am interested in doing some posts with pics, what would be the best way to do this? Does linking directly to the source URL count as hotlinking? i know this is bad and frowned on, plus I don't want pics I link to suddenly turn into wagging finger, stop signs, or goatse.

Also: I want to put text next to a pic, so I could have a pic, and a column of text next to it. Is this possible, or am I having teh dumb?

Thanks

Chaosmark:

--- Quote from: Scrasamax on September 06, 2012, 10:12:36 AM ---So I am interested in doing some posts with pics, what would be the best way to do this? Does linking directly to the source URL count as hotlinking? i know this is bad and frowned on, plus I don't want pics I link to suddenly turn into wagging finger, stop signs, or goatse.

--- End quote ---

You should be able to use the editor "Insert Image" option to upload the image to the Citadel server and it should give you a link from there. Alternately, you can use one of the free image upload services, and then pull the raw image link from that. I've never encountered issues with those, though uploading to the Citadel server would still be best.

--- Quote ---Also: I want to put text next to a pic, so I could have a pic, and a column of text next to it. Is this possible, or am I having teh dumb?

--- End quote ---

You want to make the image that you've inserted float to the left. To do so, click on the image when you've inserted it, then change the "Position" dropdown from "None" to "Left". Alternately, if you want the column of text to be on the left side of the image, change it to "Right".

Strolen:
What he said. :)

You could also put the picture in a table but that will have ugly formatting involved with it. But that will put only the text you want next to it.

Scrasamax:
much thanks guys!

I've got some ideas in my head that won't stop bouncing around and it's that sort of thing where a picture is worth about 1500 words.

Gossamer:
When I tried inserting a pic, it became really low quality, which was a problem, because my pic contained only text, which became illegible.

I know pics auto-correct to 400pix. But how come Tundra's image looked so clear? Was it because she linked rather than uploaded?

I saved mine as a .png at 1200pix, which is the absolute maximum width.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version