llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Not sure where to put this..  (Read 1618 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
  • "No power in the 'Verse"
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 2012 Most Votes of the Year
    • Awards
Not sure where to put this..
« on: August 07, 2012, 05:53:08 AM »
As many of you have no doubt already noticed, we have another apparent plagiarist on our site.

Who, as Silveressa has kindly pointed out also has the EXACT same I.P. address as I do/did.

The first thing that comes to mind, for me, as well as everyone else with even the most minimal of computer knowledge, is, that isn't possible. Each I.P. is individual.

The only thing I have to say on the matter, is that I firstly; do not have multiple accounts on Strolen's. Secondly; I do not know how else it is possible for other 'authors', can have the same I.P.

The only thing that I can confirm is that I gave back a pc that a friend of mine had lent me, to use while I didnt have access to a PC/the Internet.

I've just received a PM from Strolen, expressing, what I hope is just concern, for what is going on.

Again, all I can do is distance myself from whatever is going on.

Kassandra Quilldancer
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 2 | DEX: 3| CHA: 2 | INT: 2

Offline Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
Re: Not sure where to put this..
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2012, 05:56:21 AM »
As an afterthough, I've been a member of this site for what, 4 years, close enough?

I may be stuck in a creative rut at the moment, but that's no cause for what's going on..

Kassandra Quilldancer

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2012, 07:46:25 AM »
Thanks for the response Kassy!!

Just have to ask the questions when it gets to that point and I appreciate your patience and good nature about the entire situation.

And IP addresses can be duplicated through libraries, coffee shops, schools etc...anywhere that has a shared network. Issue with strolen's though is, what are the odds that of our members to just happen to cross paths like that so that is where that question comes from too.

Thanks Kassy.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2012, 09:34:33 AM »
Thanks for the response Kassy!!

Just have to ask the questions when it gets to that point and I appreciate your patience and good nature about the entire situation.

And IP addresses can be duplicated through libraries, coffee shops, schools etc...anywhere that has a shared network. Issue with strolen's though is, what are the odds that of our members to just happen to cross paths like that so that is where that question comes from too.

Thanks Kassy.

Aye, I know, Silveressa and seems to think so too. While it's a possibility that there is another person in the same town using the site, I don't think there will be that many, we're a pretty (pardon the term) dead, community.

Well I hope this is resolved sooner, rather than later.

Kassandra Quilldancer

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2012, 11:23:48 AM »
We are not a 'dead' community.

We are adults, we have jobs, and we don't fill the forum with incessant chatter and spewing fountains of nonsense. Keep your birthday threads, keep your asking for prayers threads, keep your drama threads and all that other crap that comes from 'live' communities. We have spouses, many of us have children.

We are a deeply dedicated community. I've been here going on 8 years. Some like Manfred and Moonhunter have been here even longer.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator Master Questor Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2012, 11:33:28 AM »
Agree 100% with Scras. 

Low traffic might be the better term :)

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2012, 05:29:05 AM »
We are not a 'dead' community.

We are adults, we have jobs, and we don't fill the forum with incessant chatter and spewing fountains of nonsense. Keep your birthday threads, keep your asking for prayers threads, keep your drama threads and all that other crap that comes from 'live' communities. We have spouses, many of us have children.

We are a deeply dedicated community. I've been here going on 8 years. Some like Manfred and Moonhunter have been here even longer.

I know this, and am sorry if what I said came accross as offensive, which, judging by your reply it did.

I agree with you that we are a dedicated community, I have been here for around 4 years (give or take), and while I may not post much, I do my best to comment/vote/help where I can.

As for other thread, I keep those to the section of the forum reserved for such..

Kassandra Quilldancer

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2012, 08:10:04 AM »
I took it as she was saying where she lives is a dead community, not that the Citadel is. :)

Level 3

Offline Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2012, 05:52:32 AM »
I took it as she was saying where she lives is a dead community, not that the Citadel is. :)

I actually meant the Citadel (again, no offense..), in comparison with other forums/sites/whatever out there, we have maybe 11-14 active, long term members.

I don't want this to turn into a flame/hatred thread, so I'll halt here.

The purpose of this thread was to try and clear things up about multiple accounts/plagiarism/whatever... Not to further weaken the Citadel..

Kassandra Quilldancer

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Gold Creator 10 Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2012, 08:04:00 AM »

I actually meant the Citadel (again, no offense..), in comparison with other forums/sites/whatever out there, we have maybe 11-14 active, long term members.

I don't want this to turn into a flame/hatred thread, so I'll halt here.

The purpose of this thread was to try and clear things up about multiple accounts/plagiarism/whatever... Not to further weaken the Citadel..

We're friends here. A fair number of those 11-14 members have physically met one another. I've met Murometz, Moonhunter, Lanfear, Nobody, Ria Hawk, and Strolen in person. Muro has hosted Ancient Gamer at his house, and Strolen has to my knowledge, met quite a few of our European members. We've been here for years and there is nothing that happens in one thread that is going to weaken the Citadel. Game Masters and writers are the smallest segment of the gaming community, and we cater to those individuals. You want to go see a forum that feels dead, check out the CthulhuTech forums, it's being carried by half a dozen fans and the folks that actually own/run it are MIA most of the time.

I hope you don't take this is a flame or hatred, it's neither. I am just exasperated. The sky isn't falling. The Citadel isn't going to collapse tomorrow.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2012, 06:09:14 AM »
Fair enough.

I'd just like a stop put to all this nonsense so that I can maybe get back to posting something..

Kassandra Quilldancer

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 01:15:07 PM »
The worms keep sprouting from the can, foot keeps popping into the mouth and the dead horse is mush. LOL

And, for the record, I watched the sky fall Sunday morning before sunrise. It fell multiple times and it was beautiful and glorious!

Level 3

Offline Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2012, 05:01:26 AM »
The worms keep sprouting from the can, foot keeps popping into the mouth and the dead horse is mush. LOL

And, for the record, I watched the sky fall Sunday morning before sunrise. It fell multiple times and it was beautiful and glorious!

And where did it land, pray tell :P

Kassandra Quilldancer

Offline Wulfhere

• Intimidator of Insolent Upstarts
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Locations Guild Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Item Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2012, 03:47:13 PM »
Dead community?  Perhaps... But when the stars are right, we rise again in sanity-shattering splendor.   

Just sayin'.
"Nothing real can defeat us:  Nothing unreal exists."
- Buckaroo Banzai

Offline dark_dragon

• Strolenati
  • Lord
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5 2011 Sub of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2012, 04:21:41 AM »
Not Dead, Undead:

BRAAAAAAAAAAAINS!
"Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away."-Philip K. Dick