Extraneous Voices of Picayune > Citadel Tavern

Not sure where to put this..

(1/3) > >>

Kassy:
As many of you have no doubt already noticed, we have another apparent plagiarist on our site.

Who, as Silveressa has kindly pointed out also has the EXACT same I.P. address as I do/did.

The first thing that comes to mind, for me, as well as everyone else with even the most minimal of computer knowledge, is, that isn't possible. Each I.P. is individual.

The only thing I have to say on the matter, is that I firstly; do not have multiple accounts on Strolen's. Secondly; I do not know how else it is possible for other 'authors', can have the same I.P.

The only thing that I can confirm is that I gave back a pc that a friend of mine had lent me, to use while I didnt have access to a PC/the Internet.

I've just received a PM from Strolen, expressing, what I hope is just concern, for what is going on.

Again, all I can do is distance myself from whatever is going on.

Kassy:
As an afterthough, I've been a member of this site for what, 4 years, close enough?

I may be stuck in a creative rut at the moment, but that's no cause for what's going on..

Strolen:
Thanks for the response Kassy!!

Just have to ask the questions when it gets to that point and I appreciate your patience and good nature about the entire situation.

And IP addresses can be duplicated through libraries, coffee shops, schools etc...anywhere that has a shared network. Issue with strolen's though is, what are the odds that of our members to just happen to cross paths like that so that is where that question comes from too.

Thanks Kassy.

Kassy:

--- Quote from: Strolen on August 07, 2012, 07:46:25 AM ---Thanks for the response Kassy!!

Just have to ask the questions when it gets to that point and I appreciate your patience and good nature about the entire situation.

And IP addresses can be duplicated through libraries, coffee shops, schools etc...anywhere that has a shared network. Issue with strolen's though is, what are the odds that of our members to just happen to cross paths like that so that is where that question comes from too.

Thanks Kassy.

--- End quote ---

Aye, I know, Silveressa and seems to think so too. While it's a possibility that there is another person in the same town using the site, I don't think there will be that many, we're a pretty (pardon the term) dead, community.

Well I hope this is resolved sooner, rather than later.

Scrasamax:
We are not a 'dead' community.

We are adults, we have jobs, and we don't fill the forum with incessant chatter and spewing fountains of nonsense. Keep your birthday threads, keep your asking for prayers threads, keep your drama threads and all that other crap that comes from 'live' communities. We have spouses, many of us have children.

We are a deeply dedicated community. I've been here going on 8 years. Some like Manfred and Moonhunter have been here even longer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version