llamaenterhear

Author Topic: Tell me the story of this picture...  (Read 112 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Tusserk

• Veldruk Jai
  • Adept
  • Slightly Besmackled
  • Awards Hall of Heroes
    • Awards
Tell me the story of this picture...
« on: September 16, 2016, 04:36:20 AM »
I enjoy coming up with stories for random pictures I happen to find on the internet.

So, tell me the story of this picture

Offline Tusserk

• Veldruk Jai
  • Adept
  • Slightly Besmackled
  • Awards Hall of Heroes
    • Awards
Re: Tell me the story of this picture...
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2016, 04:37:21 AM »
The rocks scattered as the shepherd slid down the slight incline. Blind due to the thick fog, he made his way to the bleating of his lost animal and attached the lead to the beast. The fog parted and he saw a man, three hundred times larger than any man he had ever seen trying to pull a sword out of his chest. The dying man was pinned to one of the mountains and rivers of blood seeped from his wound.

He should not be here, the village elders forbid it. The valley of dead gods was forsaken, off limits to mere mortals. Try as he might, his feet remained rooted to the spot. The giant man’s eyes finally noticed the shepherd and seemed to bore into his soul. Lifting his hand to the blade, he sliced of the last joint of his pinky and hurled it towards the mortal. As the finger slammed into the ground a flash of light blinded the young man. As his vision cleared he saw the finger joint buried into the ground, only bone remained. The giant lay dead, only its skeleton and the sword proof that the shepherd had not imagined the whole incident. The shepherd pulled the finger from the ground and noticed the word ‘Godslayer’ etched into the tip. Hefting the giant bone to his shoulder the shepherd and beast made their way out of the valley.

“Twenty years ago that was and he still wanders the world. He found the giant’s brother and slayed him with the spear of bone he carried.” The old man spit into the fire before continuing. “Shepherd, the Godslayer, the most dangerous man alive. Bane of the old gods, heretic of the new. He seeks to purge this world of every god so that man alone can rule.”

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Elite Item Guild
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2016, 11:59:42 AM »
Yay, fun. Will give it a shot this weekend.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

PoisonAlchemist: Man Muro, you boost my confidence and then you just go crush it with a heartbreaking work of staggering genius.
Pariah: Don't tell him things like that, if his head gets any bigger he'll float off like a weather ballon :p

Offline Moonlake

• Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Article Guild Golden Creator Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Article Guild Item Guild
    • Moonlake's Fiction Space
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2016, 06:28:18 PM »
Gosh, it's a small world. Tusserk, I think we 2 are in the same FB writer group (well, one of the writer groups I joined, I joined many)

Human (Level 2)
Crysilis Embroider -  Apprentice Weaver
Moonlake Ku - Apprentice Strolenati
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 4| CHA: 2 | INT: 3
"Crazy woman devoted to 2 Worlds, 2 Guilds and randomness"
Visiting beloved Dragon Empire

Offline Tusserk

• Veldruk Jai
  • Adept
  • Slightly Besmackled
  • Awards Hall of Heroes
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 09:51:03 PM »
Got this off of GM Scotty's FB group. Mainly a model terrain group

Offline Moonlake

• Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Article Guild Golden Creator Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Article Guild Item Guild
    • Moonlake's Fiction Space
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2016, 07:21:06 AM »
I see, then GM Scotty's in the same group as I am. I just remember seeing this particular passage you posted up on FB.

Human (Level 2)
Crysilis Embroider -  Apprentice Weaver
Moonlake Ku - Apprentice Strolenati
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 4| CHA: 2 | INT: 3
"Crazy woman devoted to 2 Worlds, 2 Guilds and randomness"
Visiting beloved Dragon Empire

Offline Tusserk

• Veldruk Jai
  • Adept
  • Slightly Besmackled
  • Awards Hall of Heroes
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2016, 09:59:18 PM »

“As soon as the sky burns with fire, a surrender shall mark the age of the overthrowing of royalty.”

Paladin First-Class Sismus Einn let his gaze drop as the words of the prophecy left his lips. The beacon ships of the Lizor Confederacy had penetrated the atmosphere above the Temple of Black Sails, their brilliant beacons lighting the sky. A signal of the end of his way of life. The war would continue and the Paladins of the temple guard would continue to fight but they all knew the prophecy, the end of the royal class and the birth of a new age.

His gaze descended down the chasm before him and his enhanced eyes picked out the figures below in their tell-tale armor, Paladins setting up defense batteries to continue the assault on the beacon ships. Destroy enough of the beacons and the Confederacy would be making blind jumps from orbit, no signal to lock onto, no reinforcements to swell the massive number of troops that would be dying as the temple guard rushed to defend the temple.

Hefting his shadowcaster, a Paladins iconic rifle, Sismus made his way to the bridge that led to the entrance of the temple. His life for the preservation of decadence, as it is was etched into his DNA and encoded into his enhancements. As it had always been with every Paladin.