Extraneous Voices of Picayune > Citadel Tavern

Arrogance

<< < (3/3)

Shadoweagle:
I'll read this thread more therapy when I get home, but what if, every one or two levels gained in the citadel,  authors gain a 'rebirth' point or something of the like, and they are able to spend that rebirth point on one of their subs. Rebirthing a sub removes all votes on the sub but retains the comments, and puts the sub in the in work private status again, for the author to rework it. Once the author is happy with ot they may re-release it and it will be posted on the main page as though it were a new sub, but with a phoenix symbol instead of the usual image for the type of sub it is (to denote that it is reborn). All the comments previously on it will still be viewable but they will be separated and people may re vote on it. The idea of the points being given on a level up is so that they still have to work a little bit for it, and so people just can't rebirth every sub they have over and over. Additionally, if someone wants extra rebirth points they may complete forum quests, the reward of which is some xp and a rebirth token.

Murometz:
necromancy. re-incarnation. re-birth. pheonix motif. I'm intrigued.

Dossta:

--- Quote from: Shadoweagle on January 02, 2013, 04:21:34 PM ---I'll read this thread more therapy when I get home, but what if, every one or two levels gained in the citadel,  authors gain a 'rebirth' point or something of the like, and they are able to spend that rebirth point on one of their subs. Rebirthing a sub removes all votes on the sub but retains the comments, and puts the sub in the in work private status again, for the author to rework it. Once the author is happy with ot they may re-release it and it will be posted on the main page as though it were a new sub, but with a phoenix symbol instead of the usual image for the type of sub it is (to denote that it is reborn). All the comments previously on it will still be viewable but they will be separated and people may re vote on it. The idea of the points being given on a level up is so that they still have to work a little bit for it, and so people just can't rebirth every sub they have over and over. Additionally, if someone wants extra rebirth points they may complete forum quests, the reward of which is some xp and a rebirth token.

--- End quote ---

I really like this idea.  It neatly solves the problem of spamming people who have already voted on a submission, and adds a new perk to the Citadel.  I would love the chance to rebirth a few of my submissions at some point, and gain fresh comments and new perspective on them like this.  Tying this in to the guilds as a potential reward for Guild leaders to disperse is also a nice way to bridge the gap between the Citadel proper and the burgeoning guild system.  I approve!

Strolen:
Sits in thought, looking straight ahead. His hands rest on the desk, the fingertips making a wave of tapping in front of his eyes. He continues to look forward, focusing on something in the distance, oblivious to those around him. Presented ideas dance in a mesmerizing pattern as he contemplates their creation.

Scrasamax:

--- Quote from: Shadoweagle on January 02, 2013, 04:21:34 PM ---I'll read this thread more therapy when I get home, but what if, every one or two levels gained in the citadel,  authors gain a 'rebirth' point or something of the like, and they are able to spend that rebirth point on one of their subs. Rebirthing a sub removes all votes on the sub but retains the comments, and puts the sub in the in work private status again, for the author to rework it. Once the author is happy with ot they may re-release it and it will be posted on the main page as though it were a new sub, but with a phoenix symbol instead of the usual image for the type of sub it is (to denote that it is reborn). All the comments previously on it will still be viewable but they will be separated and people may re vote on it. The idea of the points being given on a level up is so that they still have to work a little bit for it, and so people just can't rebirth every sub they have over and over. Additionally, if someone wants extra rebirth points they may complete forum quests, the reward of which is some xp and a rebirth token.

--- End quote ---

I like this idea, if I could have a second chance at some of my subs, especially those that I feel failed to meet their potential, that would be awesome

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version