Extraneous Voices of Picayune > Cavern of Inane Natter

The Call of Captain-thulhu

<< < (576/592) > >>

Chaosmark:
Happy birthday to me.

Murometz:
Happy day of birth, Chaos!

Scrasamax:
I want to like Game of Thrones and really I should. It has everything in it I like, it has dragons, political intrigue, war, well developed characters, and thanks to HBO no shortage of tits.

But God help me I just don't care about the show.

I loved the first season, but then all the strong characters were axed (some literally) and I all but completely lost interest in the series.

On a related note, I haven't read so much as more than the first 60 pages of the first book, but had the same reaction there as well.

Strolen:
Funny you say that. I watched season 1 three times. First time with rapt attention, couldn't wait till season 2. Second and third watching were with friends playing a drinking game so sort of (a lot) drunk. But we loved it.

I have watched maybe 4 episodes of season 2 and keep meaning to watch them but haven't found the time. Meanwhile I have watched plenty of other TV so time is not an excuse. I am not sure why it doesn't call me but I want to watch it but I don't feel drawn to it if that makes sense.

Books, I have always been meh with them. There are some AWESOME mind numbing scenes, don't get me wrong, but as a complete series there are many that I enjoy much more.

I will watch them, if only for Tyrion and Sansa, but they are not on my priority list for some reason. I find myself watching Criminal Minds instead...which isn't even that great but takes my attention and the kids can watch it.

Anyway, I agree but I don't understand why.

Scrasamax:

--- Quote from: Strolen on April 22, 2013, 09:29:50 AM ---Funny you say that. I watched season 1 three times. First time with rapt attention, couldn't wait till season 2. Second and third watching were with friends playing a drinking game so sort of (a lot) drunk. But we loved it.

I have watched maybe 4 episodes of season 2 and keep meaning to watch them but haven't found the time. Meanwhile I have watched plenty of other TV so time is not an excuse. I am not sure why it doesn't call me but I want to watch it but I don't feel drawn to it if that makes sense.

Books, I have always been meh with them. There are some AWESOME mind numbing scenes, don't get me wrong, but as a complete series there are many that I enjoy much more.

I will watch them, if only for Tyrion and Sansa, but they are not on my priority list for some reason. I find myself watching Criminal Minds instead...which isn't even that great but takes my attention and the kids can watch it.

Anyway, I agree but I don't understand why.

--- End quote ---

There were so many fascinating characters in the first season, they made me want to watch the series. Kal Drogo and the Dothraki were amazing, and his conquest of Daenrys was captivating. Likewise, the banter and politics between Ned and King Robert drew me in. I like Tyrion, but now it feels like he's all that's left, and lacking strong characters to foil off of, he's less The Imp and more Peter Dinklage and he's playing the same character as he does in other shows I've seen him in, such as Threshold

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version