llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Worst movies ever  (Read 2628 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Longspeak

• Ubiquitous Obliquity
  • Strolenati
  • Adept
  • Illegal to Remove this Tag
  • Awards Hall of Heroes Golden Creator 2013 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
Re: Worst movies ever
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2015, 02:57:49 AM »
I know I'm massively late here but...
This thread is for whining about those movies that were so bad, you will remain traumatized for the rest of your life:

1. Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. -What a piece of crap
Okay, not great, certainly could have been better. But far from worst. Any movie with Zooey Deschanel in it automatically gets a one star bump just for that.

2. Strictly Ballroom -Spare me.
BLASPHEMY!

3. Dungeons and Dragons -No comment.
Okay, yeah. This is one of the worst.

Offline Moonlake

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 10 Article Guild Elite Article Guild Questor Item Guild Golden Creator
    • Moonlake's Fiction Space
    • Awards
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2015, 07:51:43 PM »

2. Strictly Ballroom -Spare me.
BLASPHEMY!

Yah, I'm not the only one who liked Strictly Ballroom. I guess that's why we are both Weavers.

Human (Level 2)
Crysilis Embroider -  Apprentice Weaver
Moonlake Ku - Apprentice Strolenati
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 4| CHA: 2 | INT: 3
"Crazy woman devoted to 2 Worlds, 2 Guilds and randomness"
Visiting beloved Dragon Empire

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Elite Item Guild
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2015, 09:40:50 PM »
3. Dungeons and Dragons -No comment.

I know this is an old tale and not unique, but...

I'll never forget that horrible day. My best friend and I decided to go away for a 3-day weekend in the country with the wives, *JUST* to make watching this movie an EVENT! We were so excited. Sooooooooo excited. Like little kids, literally. We forced the wives to come with (they had no interest). Friday night...The movie theater was a good 40 minute drive away from the house (yeah, good planning). The entire car ride there we giggled in near ecstasy, while the wives rolled their eyes. We even convinced them to role-play with us the entire weekend!! Finally, we exclaimed, they would *understand* why this thing we call dungeon and dragons was the greatest thing ever.

2.5 hours later...

The stupid drive back to the stupid house was the worst. The worst 40 minutes of all time. No one said a thing. Not a word. Nothing.

Needless to say, the entire stupid weekend was ruined. The wives didn't role-play with us. They pretty much ignored us actually for 48 hours. Hell, we didn't even bother to role-play that weekend. The taste in our mouths was one of dirt mixed with fresh s**t.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

Triumph of the Dungeon Master!

Ah, how I have come to love that sense of accomplishment and victory that I get when I pull the wool over the eyes of a clever player character. What DM Triumphs have you had?

Some of mine:
1. Finally killing an incredibly powerful, lucky, annoying player's character.
2. Finally achieving a TPK (Total Party Kill)
3. Finally achieving a TPK using only traps
4. Finally working out how to make it so that d**n wizard doesn't steal the spotlight all the d**n time.

-Captain Penguin

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Plot Guild Elite Systems Guild
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2015, 10:46:28 PM »
Oh Murometz, that was a lousy weekend, but what a story!!!

"Finally they would get it!"

HAHAHAHAHAH
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline Aramax

• Knight
  • Awards Hall of Heroes
    • Awards
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2015, 09:48:02 AM »
I really enjoyed Sin City for the most part (Clive Owen story I could pass on) , I remember a lot of laughter in the theater.  I thought it was hilarious in part because it was an absurd expression of the extremes seen in american tough guy movies. It was cartoonish, but was intended to be cartoonish. The dialog and acting were over the top again as intention to make the character archetypal genre characters shocking and surprising.  I think the movie hit its mark.  So even you didn't like it, I would not call it the worst movie ever.  Because the movie had a consistent tone, internal logic, and compressible and comprehensible narrative..

Sin City, you may have hate it cause it is cartoonish and sophomoric, but it was intended to be.  And Sin City was an excellent at being cartoonish and sophomoric.

Was Zardoz succssessful at being a morality tale about an upper class 1st world nation living off the labors of the third world? Did we need an end message of all you need is love? As much as I enjoyed Zardoz for both its ambition and weirdness, it missed its mark.  Though I would totally go to either Zardoz or Sin City themed parties.
I totally like the way you think. This.
Fighting for peace is like having sex for virginity

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • Get off my lawn!!!
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10 Elite Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2015, 12:00:20 AM »
Cold Creek Manor (2003)

If you watched the previews it felt like a suspense/thriller with a supernatural twist to it, a haunted house story, and after showing up for that, it ended up being crazy rednecks trying to kill them dang city folk who moved into their old house. It might have been a decent movie if I hadn't been pissed about expecting ghosts and got yokels with an ax to grind.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards 2012 Society of the Year Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #31 on: May 07, 2015, 11:26:14 AM »
You know, as bad as the Dungeons & Dragons movie was, there was actually a sequel?
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
Acolyte of the Divine Synod, Merchant of Divine Wealth
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline Ted

• Shattered
  • Journeyman
  • Awards Article Guild Plot Guild Item Guild NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Item of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #32 on: May 07, 2015, 08:31:47 PM »
Signs

The Love Guru
He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster. When one gazes into an abyss, he is gazed into by the abyss.-Friedrich Nietzsche.

Offline Aramax

• Knight
  • Awards Hall of Heroes
    • Awards
« Reply #33 on: May 10, 2015, 07:43:41 AM »
i love Signs!(but then I liked Daredevil and Catwoman ,so what do I know!)
Fighting for peace is like having sex for virginity

Offline Longspeak

• Ubiquitous Obliquity
  • Strolenati
  • Adept
  • Illegal to Remove this Tag
  • Awards Hall of Heroes Golden Creator 2013 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #34 on: May 10, 2015, 11:06:16 AM »
Every Movie M. Night Shamalamadingdong made after Unbreakable was the worst movie ever.

Unbreakable I'm on the fence about. I have good and bad days.