llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Transformer NPCs  (Read 881 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor Elite Systems Guild Gold Creator 10
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
Transformer NPCs
« on: February 14, 2012, 10:54:43 AM »
So I've had HUB for a while and considering the time I get off of work, I find myself in the advantageous position of getting to watch old school G1 Transformers and GI Joe.

I want to write up transformer characters, but I am stymied on how to do this. I'm not sure what sort of format to use, or how to write them up. Do I need to make up an entirely new milieu for giant shapeshifting robots or would it be acceptable for just using the basic stuff, Decepticons and Autobots, combiners, spark, Cybertron, etc?

The original series is 27 years old, and a lot of the vehicles they transformed into are no longer relevant, or in some cases in production, or they were experimental type designs that were given up as failures.

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Knight
  • ABWB: Always Be World building
  • Awards NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Questor Item Guild 2012 Most Comments of the Year Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: Transformer NPCs
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2012, 08:39:36 PM »
Good Questions. I accept.

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Mathom loves me
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Lifeforms Guild Item Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Golden Creator 5
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2012, 11:43:31 AM »
I call dibs on being a PC in the Forum RP once you fellas iron the system out  :D
Strolenati Guild – Adept-Seeker
Dwarven Guild – Ironball Steelbutter
Level 2
STR: 4 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 3
Authentic Strolenite™©®
ex-illuminati Strolenati
Down with elves

Offline OmegaDraco

• Apocalyptic GM
  • Apprentice
  • Forager of Interesting and Useless Tidbits
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2012, 01:07:11 PM »
I have played a Transformers RPG before. It is fun and the resources are very useful. http://www.secondtruth.com/bwtf/
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." - V for Vendetta

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Knight
  • ABWB: Always Be World building
  • Awards NPC Guild Elite NPC Guild Questor Item Guild 2012 Most Comments of the Year Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2012, 01:51:43 PM »
The system I am planning on posting is a much more bare bones system than that one.  But that link has a very well written system, is that entirely a fan piece?

Offline OmegaDraco

• Apocalyptic GM
  • Apprentice
  • Forager of Interesting and Useless Tidbits
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 5
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2012, 03:23:38 PM »
Yes. It's all fan based. I am a programmer, and I built a nice little character builder program a year or two back. Building your transformer is a point-by system. So starting with more points gets you a stronger bot.
"Beneath this mask there is more than flesh. Beneath this mask there is an idea, Mr. Creedy, and ideas are bulletproof." - V for Vendetta