llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Language and spelling  (Read 1389 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Ylorea

• Knight
    • http://www.home.zonnet.nl/ylorea
    • Awards
Language and spelling
« on: August 25, 2003, 04:33:34 AM »
Of late I see more and more people complain about the spelling and grammer mistakes that some of us make.

I would never argue that my english (or american for that matter) is perfect. I am pretty sure that I do make mistakes in either of these languages.

Still I would like to ask for some consideration for those that clearly are not native american or english speaking people.

It may be just me, but sometimes I realy feel like asking you to refrain from further such comments until you write dutch (or french) with as little mistakes as the subject of your complaints write their english.

Yours,

Ylorea

Please feel free to visit Teolin. (Simply press the "www" button)

Offline Agar

• Master
  • Awards Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Awards
Language and spelling
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2003, 07:22:18 PM »
I hadn't noticed any complaints for spelling or grammer, except for anyone useing "chat" or "net" or "733T" speak. Anyone useing netspeak gets a swift kick in the shin.

For people who don't speak english a their first language, do you best, don't be afraid to ask for help, and direct complaints from nit-picking zealots who won't just leave you alone to your friendly admins so we can tell them to leave off. Unless you can beat a non english speaker in a essay contest in their first language, shaddup.

:D Let's play nice now, all.  :D
After a brief retirement while I got married and traveled the country, I'm back. Just getting back into the swing of things for now, but gearing up to hit things up like I used to.

Offline Adel

• King
    • Awards
Language and spelling
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2003, 09:34:12 PM »
:D Here Here! Agar!
Adel
a simple girl with a complex past

Authentic Strolenite®©

Offline CaptainPenguin

• Bastardo!
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Language and spelling
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2003, 10:05:15 PM »
Well, I have a feeling that I may be a culprit in this. If so, please dial 1 now.

*Boop*

That's what I thought. I'm sorry.
Currently Reading: "Kafka On The Shore" by Haruki Murakami

Currently Listening To: "Piece Of Time" by Atheist