llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Opinions and whatnot)  (Read 1473 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Pieh

• A Lordliest Scent
  • Strolenati
  • Master
  • I accidentally the entire Citadel!
  • Awards Master Questor 2011 Most Quest Submissions 2010 Most Submissions 2010 Most Quest Submissions Lifeforms Guild Item Guild
    • Awards
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Opinions and whatnot)
« on: November 24, 2011, 04:29:33 PM »
So, TESV: Skyrim has been out for just under two weeks now. I bought it a day or two after release, after watching a friend play through the beginning, and haven't really stopped playing since then. As of this moment, Steam has me clocked at 95 hours of playtime (I'm sure this will increase tonight). This game set the hook and pulled me in before I realized what had happened. The world is beautiful and sometimes bizarre, full of fascinating discoveries: Locations, characters, creatures, treasure, and more!

I think my favorite part of this game is seeing the stories unfold. I complete objectives only to discover something else is amiss, that a quest goes deeper than imagined, to learn what I took for truth was a deadly falsehood. Honestly, though, I love nearly everything about this game, my only nitpicks would be a few glitches (Though most of the time these are hilarious: A dead follower's corpse suddenly appearing at your wedding, causing the guests and your bride to become disgusted and walk out), and most of my complaints would fall under the "not significant enough to affect enjoyment of the game" category. You can literally lose yourself for days in this game, so be cautious if you don't have the time to devote to it.

About my character: I am the Archmage of the College of Winterhold, I am the Master of the Thieves Guild in Riften, I am the Harbinger of The Companions in Whiterun. I am Dragonborn and have absorbed the souls of well over 20 dragons. I am a Thane to the Jarls of Whiterun, Winterhold and Hjaalmarch. I own twelve Daedric Artifacts, from Sheogorath's Wabbajack to the Masque of Clavicus Vile. I typically fight with the Mace of Molag Bal (Big evil chunk of solid, green-black material that drains stamina and traps souls, Daedric Artifact of Molag Balk) in my right hand, and alternate between a fire spells and healing spells in my left.

I would love to hear some of your opinions on this game. And I apologize for my scattered and unfocused review: I have no idea where to begin describing it. If you list out some issues/aspects you are interested in, I will do my best to inform and enlighten.

Cultist Rule #1 - Never summon anything bigger than your head.

Offline Ancient Gamer

• Hammer of the Citadel
  • Emperor
  • Enough about you, let's talk about me!
  • Awards 2013 Best Play By Post Game Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Item Guild Elite Plot Guild Elite Systems Guild Golden Creator
    • Coldforged Home
    • Awards
Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (Opinions and whatnot)
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2011, 06:20:10 AM »
Have it!
Love it!
The Witcher 2 was better, otherwise it might have been my candidate for GotY.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

"Secretly a Squirrel"
Guild Master of the Squirrelati
Scourge of Nutanuns!
Harbinger of Acorns!

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Master Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2011, 07:51:29 AM »
Me too, though I am 30 hours in and its crashing like crazy on fast-travel :(

It is quite an amazing game non-the-less. I hope the crash issue is patched soon.

19th level, less accomplished then Pieh's Dragonborn, primary a sniper with a little magic, and uses two-handed weapons for close quarter combat. That and my psycho warhorse.

Would you believe my warhorse has carried out more random murders then my character has? (Not counting actively hostile opponents).

Also, the horse has done a good job of distracting and laying a pounding on Dragons as well.  Seriously, it's tough enough to survive being breathed on a few times...

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2011, 10:29:47 AM »
Fu ros dah
I took an arrow to the knee

that pretty much sums up what I have seen about Skyrim in the meme community.

and that the moderators at Memebase have no sense of humor when it comes to submitted memes that mock Skyrim and it's players.

courage wolf: Go play Skyrim. I'll play your girl

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Questor Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2011, 11:25:45 AM »
I wants.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2011, 12:52:37 PM »
I can't has. My PS3 has died

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Questor Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2011, 01:47:43 PM »
‪The Dragonborn Comes - Skyrim Bard Song and Main Theme Female Cover‬

http://kotaku.com/5861752/skyrim-contains-the-entire-elder-scrolls-continent-including-morrowind-and-cyrodiil

Report: Skyrim Contains the Entire Elder Scrolls Landmass, Including Morrowind and Cyrodiil?

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.