llamaenterhear

Author Topic: [Challenge] ~ Back again.  (Read 130 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
  • "No power in the 'Verse"
  • Awards Hall of Heroes Item Guild 2012 Most Votes of the Year
    • Awards
[Challenge] ~ Back again.
« on: September 06, 2016, 08:31:12 AM »
I'm trying to get back into writing and come back to the Citadel.

I just don't know what to write? I've read some of Scrasamax's Cosmic Era submissions and I have to say that I really love them. The last thing that I liked this much was the Delta Factor setting by LS and Sil (I think).

Currently, I'm setting up a Shadowrun 5th Edition campaign (all written by yours truly), that I'm going to start running with a new group of players within a month, once everyone has fleshed out their characters.

I'm going to take notes during the sessions of what everyone chooses to do and write up a log/campaign synopsis which I'll do my best to upload in the week following our sessions.

However, I'd like to do something more than that, to submit something here again, even if it is something small.

Do you folks have any ideas? A challenge perhaps? Something you'd like to see someone else do, or try their hand at?

I'm open to suggestions. Preferably futuristic, probably of a Science-Fiction twist to it as well.

Look forward to what you peeps say!

It's nice being back here.

-Kassy

Kassandra Quilldancer
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 2 | DEX: 3| CHA: 2 | INT: 2

Offline Murometz

• Last of the Bogatyrs
  • Emperor
  • Raconteur
  • Awards Locations Guild 2013 Most Upvoted Comment Item Guild Lifeforms Guild 2012 Lifeform of the Year Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Murometz.com
    • Awards
Re: [Challenge] ~ Back again.
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2016, 04:21:33 PM »
Hmm, well, how about something from your upcoming Shadowrun campaign/game. Plots, NPCs, weird locations, or what have you.
Authentic Strolenite™©®

PoisonAlchemist: Man Muro, you boost my confidence and then you just go crush it with a heartbreaking work of staggering genius.
Pariah: Don't tell him things like that, if his head gets any bigger he'll float off like a weather ballon :p

Offline Moonlake

• Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Article Guild Golden Creator Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Article Guild Item Guild
    • Moonlake's Fiction Space
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2016, 08:12:25 PM »
Kassy, prune through the other challenges on this thread! Plenty of them needing attention  :wink:
A starter (nice easy one) will be the following: http://strolen.com/guild/index.php/topic,7488.0.html

There's this thing that I  think is closed now: http://www.futurescapescontest.com, but you can just take the premise and run with it for your own sub.

Other than that, I don't know about futuristic, sci-fi stuff, I'm an avid reader of epic traditional fantasy as opposed to urban and other what I call new-class fantasy.

Human (Level 2)
Crysilis Embroider -  Apprentice Weaver
Moonlake Ku - Apprentice Strolenati
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 4| CHA: 2 | INT: 3
"Crazy woman devoted to 2 Worlds, 2 Guilds and randomness"
Visiting beloved Dragon Empire

Offline Longspeak

• As Does the Spider, I Weave, Because I Must
  • Strolenati
  • Adept
  • Illegal to Remove this Tag
  • Awards Article Guild Elite Article Guild Hall of Heroes 5 Golden Creator 2013 NPC of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2016, 08:58:01 PM »
I'm trying to get back into writing and come back to the Citadel.

I just don't know what to write? I've read some of Scrasamax's Cosmic Era submissions and I have to say that I really love them. The last thing that I liked this much was the Delta Factor setting by LS and Sil (I think).

Currently, I'm setting up a Shadowrun 5th Edition campaign (all written by yours truly), that I'm going to start running with a new group of players within a month, once everyone has fleshed out their characters.

I'm going to take notes during the sessions of what everyone chooses to do and write up a log/campaign synopsis which I'll do my best to upload in the week following our sessions.

However, I'd like to do something more than that, to submit something here again, even if it is something small.

Do you folks have any ideas? A challenge perhaps? Something you'd like to see someone else do, or try their hand at?

I'm open to suggestions. Preferably futuristic, probably of a Science-Fiction twist to it as well.

Look forward to what you peeps say!

It's nice being back here.

-Kassy
Flattered by the praise. Scras' work is generally of the highest caliber, so to be compared favorably is awesome.

That said, you find inspiration where it strikes you, Kassy. What inspires you?

A while back I wrote up a background on a SF game I never got to run. Write something about that:

Several hundred years in the future, mankind has finally invented FTL. The first mission: find out what happened to all the STL colony ships that left the system three or four hundred years before.

Offline Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
  • "No power in the 'Verse"
  • Awards Hall of Heroes Item Guild 2012 Most Votes of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 05:19:07 AM »
I thought of uploading some the stuff I'm writing for my campaign. But I didn't want to burn out too quickly as I've been focusing almost exclusively on it.

@LS, I've always liked your stuff.

I'll see what I can come up with. I'm not a fan of the random generators.

Kassandra Quilldancer
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 2 | DEX: 3| CHA: 2 | INT: 2