llamaenterhear

Author Topic: Citadel ePUB  (Read 1283 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Procrastination!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Awards Article Guild Plot Guild Elite Plot Guild Golden Creator Questor NPC Guild
    • Excursions from the Citadel
    • Awards
Citadel ePUB
« on: February 23, 2017, 07:55:48 AM »
Now that issue three is out, the question is do we do an issue 4?

The process, for writers, is fairly simple. 

We pick a theme/topic for each issue.

You write a story related to that theme.

An editorial team from the citadel, made up of the writers of the issue review the stories. 

If those stories pass muster, and any carefully written story should pass muster, then I publish them online.  There we try and to sell and promote them, with a plan to share profits, if there ever are any  :(

We do have feedback mechanisms and story editing mechanism, but participation in those is optional.  You don't have to workshop your story.

But workshopping your story can be valuable.  You should have first round readers for all stories anyway.

If you use the workshop and the feedback mechanisms you are under no obligation to publish your story in the ePub.  If you work on your story and you feel it is good enough to sell in paying market then you should do that.

Your story will get copy edited. Even then you are not obligated to publish it with the ePub until it is published.

I've found this process helpful for me in getting stories to completion and improving my stories.

If you would like take more a leadership or editor role in this process, we have a constant need for that and could use your help. 

There will be deadlines (loosely enforced).

Offline Mageek

• Apprentice
  • Found the Profile Modification Page
  • Awards Hall of Heroes Dungeon Guild Elite Dungeon Guild
    • Awards
Re: Citadel ePUB
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 12:27:19 PM »
This was an absolutely fantastic experience. I had never worked on fiction before and having folks critique it with a greater deal of scrutiny helped me learn quite a bit. It was also interesting to see how other authors go about writing stories. And hey! Now I can say I'm an author.

My suggestions for the 4th edition topic are Dreams and Eldritch Horror  :cthulhu:

Offline Moonlake

• Strolenati
  • King
  • Awards Article Guild Golden Creator Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Article Guild Item Guild
    • Moonlake's Fiction Space
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2017, 10:37:47 PM »
@ Mageek: there's a poll somewhere in the forums for topic for issue 4 and I don't think you've visited the thread yet. Dreams currently have 3 votes.

Human (Level 2)
Crysilis Embroider -  Apprentice Weaver
Moonlake Ku - Apprentice Strolenati
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 4| CHA: 2 | INT: 3
"Crazy woman devoted to 2 Worlds, 2 Guilds and randomness"
Visiting beloved Dragon Empire

Offline Mageek

• Apprentice
  • Found the Profile Modification Page
  • Awards Hall of Heroes Dungeon Guild Elite Dungeon Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 10:48:50 PM »
Thanks!

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Article Guild Plot Guild Elite Plot Guild Golden Creator Questor NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2017, 09:04:28 AM »
Issue 4 is approaching completion. July 1st is the deadline for final drafts, before we move on to the review and copy editing stage.   There are story drafts written by your fellow citadellians  that could use your feedback and commentary.  Many of you have already been invited to review, and I hope you make some time to review the drafts we have now. But if you haven't been invited (you need a link to the content),  and your are interested in reviewing please PM me.

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2017, 07:16:09 AM »
Just over a week to go

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2017, 09:02:30 AM »
One week left to submit the final drafts of your stories.

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2017, 11:44:03 AM »
We are at the editorial stage, I am sure all of you involved know this already. I hope we can get all the stories reviewed and finalized so that we publish no later than September.

Offline axlerowes

• Strolenati
  • Master
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2017, 05:15:37 PM »
Thanks to everyone that has submitted a feedback form :poet:. You have helped turn this from 'a for the love of it zine' to something with real critical standards. I am sure most of the pro-paying markets don't give their prospective stories this kind of work over.

:thumbup: :yourock: