llamaenterhear

Author Topic: Love the Citadel for many years, thought I would register!  (Read 39 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Switchfoot

• Nomad
  • Dazed and Confused
    • Awards
Love the Citadel for many years, thought I would register!
« on: July 29, 2015, 08:10:15 PM »
Hello, I have been a big fan of this website for many years and love looking at it everyday. I have been gaming for 35 years. I have been playing a Harry Potter inspired role-playing game using the Fate system and I must say that it has been working beautifully. I built an online forum that represents the school (called Natals, located just outside New Orleans in 1991.) I thought I would post here and see if anyone else is interested in a role-playing forum where you can create a student and role-play with other students via forum posts. There is an actual weekly game that meets in person but I think creating a "living" school has also really enhanced game play and can stand on its own two feet.

If you are interested in creating a character and helping bring another Harry Potter School to life, then here are the steps to do so:

1. Go to Hiddenworldguide.com and register with your character’s name
2. If you are completely new to Acadia and the School then it would be very helpful to read the Hidden World Guide to Acadia which can be found at this link in the forum: http://hiddenworldguide.com/home/m/31719343/viewthread/23022175-hidden-world-guide-reference-book-to-acadia
3.Once you have an understanding of Acadia, Natals and the 4 houses, then make a character! Instructions to do this is the second post on this thread which can be found here: http://hiddenworldguide.com/home/m/31719343/viewthread/23290205-read-first-how-this-all-works
4.After you have a student at Natals created, you can begin your own post about what your character is doing, thinking, seeing, anything from their point of view. Just keep in mind that the year is 1991 and it is Harry Potter’s first year at Hogwarts and we are writing about the comings and going at our school, Natals. You may jump into other people’s posts and add your perspective or you may create your own post and have other people interact with your posts. Here is where your posts will be:
http://hiddenworldguide.com/home/m/31719343/viewforum/6117708

Looking forward to gaming with some of you and I cannot wait to stop posting here. I have so many role-playing adventures and things, I do not know where to start.

Switchfoot - hiddenworldguide@gmail.com

Offline Moonlake

• Strolenati
  • Master
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Article Guild Elite Article Guild Item Guild Golden Creator
    • Moonlake's Fiction Space
    • Awards
Re: Love the Citadel for many years, thought I would register!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 07:29:53 AM »
Welcome, Switchfoot! The link for the Strolenati epub is here: http://strolen.com/guild/index.php/topic,7305.msg88941/topicseen.html#new

Also, to join in, you basically Personal Message Axlerowes here at the forum here (by clicking My Messages at the topbar) with your email address and then he will email you the link to the Strolenati epub folder stored on the Google drive where we currently have a bunch of brainstorming docs and stories in various stages of publication readiness.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2015, 06:48:28 PM by Moonlake »

Human (Level 2)
Crysilis Embroider -  Apprentice Weaver
Moonlake Ku - Apprentice Strolenati
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 4| CHA: 2 | INT: 3
"Crazy woman devoted to 2 Worlds, 2 Guilds and randomness"
Visiting beloved Dragon Empire

Online Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Questor Locations Guild Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 Plot Guild
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Re: Love the Citadel for many years, thought I would register!
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2015, 08:31:37 PM »
Welcome to the site Switchfoot!

Hope you find some more gamers to join.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.