Roleplaying > OOC, Starters and Questions

Scras's Renaissance of Darkness

<< < (8/10) > >>

EchoMirage:
Screw what?

(we do have IRL too, Scras :) )

Well, to kick off the QA:
*narrative privileges - to what extent can players narrate things outside their own actions? Can we narrate interactions with minor NPCs on our own, for example?
*length of "round" - how long is a post (in time) ? Do we have to post each round separately?
*approval of minor actions - when do we have to await GM confirmation? FOr each minor action? For major ones? For a cluster of major and minor actions?

RP-wise:
*dealing with spirits - how does it work?

Scrasamax:
1. Narrative Privileges: pretty loose, minor and background npcs are fair game for limited actions and interaction. Rule of thumb, if they only get a description (hot girl looks like a cheerleader) they are minor NPCs, but if the NPC is named, such as Jana, she looks hot, like she used to be a cheerleader is a regular NPC and the usual limits.

2. Length of Round: combat, 5-10 seconds. outside of combat, minutes rather than seconds

3. Minor Actions-no prob, basic actions, no prob. Something complicated, or a cluster of actions would require GM approval

4. Dealing with Spirits: If you are bonded to a spirit, you are generally aware of them, and can communicate with them when they are close and you are generally aware of their presence or absence. Unless others have the ability to perceive spirits, your attending spirit remains invisible and undetectable to them.

EchoMirage:
So - I have 4 pts in the background that gives me a spirit ally. Snegurochka, a winter spirit in this case.

How does the communication and interaction work?
"Yo babe, make me a sammich!" and she makes me a sandwich?
"Thine is the glory of winter, bestow a sammich upon thy unworthy supplicant!" and you may get a sandwich.
"Hurr, durr, herpenderpen, ia ia winter ftaghn... d**n, I sure hope she understands I could use a sammich!" and you may get a sandwich or not, or you may be turned into one, or you may be transported to the Deep Umbra of Sammich...

or something entirely different?

Dossta:
You, sir, just made my day.  Have a cookie.

Scrasamax:

--- Quote from: EchoMirage on March 16, 2012, 02:34:56 PM ---So - I have 4 pts in the background that gives me a spirit ally. Snegurochka, a winter spirit in this case.

How does the communication and interaction work?
"Yo babe, make me a sammich!" and she makes me a sandwich?
"Thine is the glory of winter, bestow a sammich upon thy unworthy supplicant!" and you may get a sandwich.
"Hurr, durr, herpenderpen, ia ia winter ftaghn... d**n, I sure hope she understands I could use a sammich!" and you may get a sandwich or not, or you may be turned into one, or you may be transported to the Deep Umbra of Sammich...

or something entirely different?

--- End quote ---

Well I would suppose that would depend on the spirit itself. It Sneg is a progressive spirit, it might just make you a sammich. On the other hand, if Sneg is a hoary old spirit, it might demand certain offerings to be made with a humble undeserving request, and asking for a sandwich might get your food frozen for the next week, a lesson in humility. So, tell me what sort of spirit is Sneg?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version