llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: seeking clarification on posting protocols  (Read 3016 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Tauric

• Apprentice
  • Dazed and Confused (mostly confused)
    • Awards
seeking clarification on posting protocols
« on: July 27, 2011, 05:33:47 PM »
Hello everyone,

Since I'm newish here, I'm not exactly sure how to go about posting things.

Should I post something in the forums first, to get feedback on it, before I post it as a submission, or do I just post it straight to submissions?

Does it all depend on how much confidence I have in the post? In other words, if I think the post is fully fleshed out, make it a sub, and let the comments and votes prove or disprove my opinion, or should I still post it in the forums for polishing?

If I have something that I don't have full confidence in, maybe it's got a strong foundation but needs whistles and bells (chrome, I believe it's called here), do I post that in the forums, or do I make it a stub?

I have a few ideas, some fully formed, some half-baked, and I would like some guidance on where to post them.  I am hoping that the Citadel will help me forge a setting that I can unleash upon my friends when it is my turn to GM. There are lots of ideas that I want to use from other Strolenites, but as I said, I also have some of my own.

Thanks for any help

Tauric

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Master Questor Elite Questor Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
Re: seeking clarification on posting protocols
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2011, 05:44:50 PM »
I suggest if you wish to actively work on a setting, then post it in the forum, there's a Setting Forge if I recall. Strolenites will drop by, offer their $0.02, and you can comfortably work on it until it is ready.
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Tauric

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2011, 07:17:11 PM »
Before I lay out the setting in it's grandness, I would like evaluation and comments upon the elements that make up said setting (okay, what I really want is validation, but don't we all).

I just don't know the best way of getting that (the evaluation and comments, I know that true validation must come from within).

Are the forums the best way, or the subs?  I notice that a sub can have a "in work" tag on it, which makes me think that things don't have to be perfect to post, but other things I've read say only post if it's polished, so I'm a bit confused.

Offline Drackler

• Procrastinating Poet
  • Strolenati
  • Knight
  • I will name him George!
    • D12 Needs Love, Too
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2011, 07:34:06 PM »
 Hi, Tauric. I think I can answer your question. If you have a particular submission that you believe is complete enough to use, then go ahead and post it for us all to read. Then those who read it can vote and comment on it- give you feedback. If you see something you missed or you want to rethink something then you can always edit the sub later.

If you have something that isn't quite ready to use then you could post it as a help-wanted submission, or you could ask here on the forums for some input. This works very well if you just need some brainstorming to help you along.

So, most things will be put straight into a submission first. If you really would like some help then you can always ask for it, of course. Hope that helps.
"And how can man die better than facing fearful odds, for the ashes of his fathers, or the temples of his gods."

Offline Tauric

• Apprentice
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2011, 07:39:52 PM »
Yes, that does help. Thank you.