llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: Captain America Movie  (Read 3013 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
Captain America Movie
« on: August 04, 2011, 10:32:51 PM »
I watched it. I loved it. I wanna buy war bonds. 

In my opinion, best superhero movie since Spiderman I (the original).  (and that puts Iron Man I in 3rd). 

Only downside?  Don't bother to watch it in 3D. Except for one cool shield throwing scene, the best 3D work was the end credits. 

So what are your thoughts, feelings, or rants on the subject?
MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline Strolen

• Ignorance Incarnate
  • Guild Leader
  • Emperor
  • All your base are belong to us.
  • Awards Locations Guild Questor Locations Guild Elite Item Guild Plot Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Strolen's Citadel
    • Awards
Re: Captain America Movie
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 07:08:42 AM »
Just had a discussion about it. I haven't seen it but the person I worked for said about the same as you. Absolutely Awesome.

Not sure I can wait till our simple little single-serving base theater gets it. We are just getting Harry Potter (hallows pt2) on Sunday for the first time.

Flying Squirrel – Strolenati Guild
Grothar Rockfury - Dwarvish Guild
Minor Minion - Cartographer's Guild
Level 3
STR: 5 | END: 2 | CON: 3 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 6
Authentic Strolenite™©® | Llama is as Llama does.

Offline Scrasamax

• The Rogue Scholar
  • Emperor
  • 20% Cooler
  • Awards 2013 Most Submissions 2012 Most Quest Submissions Gold Creator 10 Hall of Heroes 10 Elite Questor Elite Systems Guild
    • Scras' Blog
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, 09:10:40 AM »
I'll wait for it to hit the RedBox or HBO, I dont really get into the superhero thing. Might be alone on this one.

Watched Pirates 4 in 3D, its just a gimmick and I don't get why people are going nutty over buying 3D TVs and spending costx2 to see a movie wearing bad sunglasses

Stout Lagerale of the Dwarven Guild
STR: 4 | END: 4 | CON: 4 | DEX: 2 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Tentacle Tentacle Sanity Schmanity

Offline MoonHunter

• Waunderer
  • Emperor
  • Awards Systems Guild Society Guild Locations Guild Questor Item Guild Lifeforms Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, 08:29:53 PM »
I have to agree with you about the 3D.  Unless the movie was made for it (specifically) like Avatar, really the presence of 3D is just another way for theatres to suck money out of us. 

We are going to take the boys to see the movie tommorow.  We are having a little lesson in WWII history tonight, so they will have a clue about what is going on.  They are in 4th and 5th grade and don't really know that WWII existed.  I remember a little bit about it in school.  I guess I learned more about it from Hogan's Heroes, all those WWII movies on saturday afternoon, and more WWII references in TV and Movies.

The movie is great.  Make you want to go buy warbonds.  That aside, it does have a great mix of action and character development.  My personal favorite is the two bits in the training camp.  The pole and the ride and the grenade.  They show you what the man really is all about.

MoonHunter
Sage, Gamer, Mystic, Wit
"The road less traveled is less traveled for a reason."
"The world needs dreamers to give it a soul."
"And it needs realists to keep it alive."
Authentic Strolenite ®©

Offline yashawn

• Nomad
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2011, 03:49:31 AM »
"Captain America: The First Avenger" is a 2011 American superhero movie.It is interesting movie.I watched this movie with friend in theater.My also friends liked this movie.Chris Evans favorite actor.His action is superb in this movie.
Best season family guy season 9 free online   & don't miss watch Prison Break Season 2 free.

Offline Pariah

• The Guildless
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2011, 11:20:42 AM »
^^ What he said, except with spaces after the periods, and minus the Chris Evans part, don't really care about individual actors, so long as they do their job right.  Welcome to the site yashawn, and feel free to post stuff other than how you liked movies ;)
They were immediately and absolutely recognizable as adventurers... They were hardy and dangerous, lawless, stripped of allegiance or morality, living off their wits, stealing and killing, hiring themselves out to whoever and whatever came. They were inspired by dubious virtues.  China Mieville - Perdido Street Station