llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: A Fast Exit  (Read 32733 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Autumn

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Adept
  • Tech op
    • Awards
Re: A Fast Exit
« Reply #350 on: June 12, 2014, 06:08:42 AM »
Autumn surveyed the wreckage of the Prize's bridge with a grim look. "This is a total loss," She informed her fellow shipmates after a moments contemplation. "The best we could hope for is to slave the Prize to the Lila's auto nav and hope it follows us into hyperspace without coming apart in a stream of debris." She let out a resigned sigh, wrinkling her nose at the stench of death.

"Even then prepping the Prize will take hours, and I'd rather not be here when whoever holds the leash to the previous wave of hostiles notices none of them are checking in with status updates, let's salvage what we can and wave our tails at this system; sooner the better."

For her part she quickly gathered her personal belongings and gave the captains quarters a close inspection, hoping to find his stash of valuables, weapons, and any relevant star charts pointing out shadow ports and other places of illicit business he had visited over the years.

"I'm searching the captains quarters, anything I find we can go over and fairly divvy up once the system is at our backs." She told her crewmates over the com, "If someone wants to give Jarvis's quarters a once over  feel free, the weasel probably has a few valuables we can all put to better use."

A short while later she keyed her com link again, this time bringing up a more important concern to the crew. "Given Yulo's less than pristine reputation, it may be wise for us to set the self destruct onboard before departing, it may be better if the Prize becomes listed among the sea of missing ships rather than be located in the future by someone who may well wish to track down Yulo's former crewmates and seek vengeance for his passing?"

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #351 on: June 12, 2014, 06:56:46 AM »
"I agree," said Jerome.  "Grab the provisions, medical supplies and equipment,  and of course any arms. And then get the hell away from this cemetery."

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Irina_

• Captain
  • Nomad
    • Awards
« Reply #352 on: June 15, 2014, 10:31:27 AM »
Irina gave Sunny an uncertain glance, the sudden offer as unsuspected as it was unsettling.

Terrans to eat? Does she mean people?

A part of her found the idea intriguing, a realization that gave her an involuntary shudder.

"I-I will think about it," She told her after a moments hesitation, "But for now I think it would be best if we return to our,- there, homeworld as previously agreed upon."

She stood up quickly, suddenly wishing very much to be among the company of more people, and quiet the alien thoughts the churned deeper within her conscious mind.

"We should give a hand with the salvage so we can get out of here as soon as possible, I think our med bay would benefit from your former ships supply of medicine?" She suggested it casually, eyeing one of the Kotiri in thought.

Would expanding off your homeworld be  a good choice? or are you better off there, secluded from most threats?

The above post was made by Silveressa, posting from Kassy's account during her absence with her permission.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2014, 10:40:30 AM by Ivanova »

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Master Questor Elite Questor Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #353 on: June 16, 2014, 10:41:13 AM »
"Certainly, Irina - my friendship is not dependent on whether you agree with me. This merry band is certain to keep me as busy as any Terran invasion, that I do not doubt. And you are quite interesting yourself!"
The doctor smiled, waving away the gloomy thoughts.
"Let's pick my medical supplies and belongings - your med-techs haven't kept her supplied well."

And so they did, gathering what they could from the Prize, and setting her self-destruct to trigger at their command.
As they overlooked the things worth taking, Sunny had to laugh - the shuttle wasn't even cramped with the four of them inside.
They had taken foods and weapons, medical gear and clothes, tools and Yulo's private logs. Between the five of them, they'd break them sooner or later. With a smirk, Jerome loaded up also the former captain's stash of alcohol, and pried open his safe. Currency of a dozen systems - smallish amounts, but useful no less - greeted them. An access card to an apartment on Skyline. A laser pistol. For a long career of larceny, Yulo had certainly little to show.

Jerome handed Autumn the remote. "The honor is yours - whenever you feel like it."

In the distance, the Swanmay was lifting a container out of the Desdemona - their salvage likewise diminutive in comparison to the artifact of war.

They had cut the broken docking gear tying them to the cruiser's cold husk. All hands were accounted on board. They were ready.
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Autumn

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Adept
  • Tech op
    • Awards
« Reply #354 on: June 16, 2014, 11:51:50 AM »
Autumn nodded, waiting for them to be well outside of any projected blast radius, and for Irina to give the Swanmay forewarning of the vessels impending destruction, thumbing the detonation switch with a grim nod. "From stardust we came, to stardust we return." She felt a small pang of loss at the destruction of the ship, for the short time it had been home it had served them well.

"Whenever you're ready captain." Sher told irina with a nod, adjusting her harness and bracing herself for the G's of acceleration.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 11:54:32 AM by Autumn »

Offline Irina_

• Captain
  • Nomad
    • Awards
« Reply #355 on: June 16, 2014, 02:52:36 PM »
Irina quickly beamed the contact information of a small space port on the fringe called Black Water Station,she recalled her former crewmates having frequented with her in the past, along with a warning about the localized detonation of the Prize, giving Autumn a thumbs up as she finished.

She closed her eyes in thought as the detonation code was triggered, recalling the loss of her former crew mates, and allure of the unknown future that lay ahead of them.

"Stand by for acceleration," She said over the intercom, adjusting the controls with an uncanny sense of familiarity. "Next stop the Kotiri homeworld." She told the crew with a smaile, a part of her oddly eager to revisit the planet as well.

Offline EchoMirage

• Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Master Questor Elite Questor Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #356 on: June 16, 2014, 03:49:46 PM »
The Swanmay confirmed receipt, and, her cargo loaded, the drones flocked into her bays as the gates closed. The Morskoi ship briefly fired all of its maneuver drives in salute, wreathing itself in a halo of fire, before engaging the gravitic sheath, and turning into a shining speck as eight hundred gravities of thrust heaped up miles upon miles between them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DUnNhOwKi-8

The dreadnought's hulk flared with crimson blossoms as the Prize's escaping fire strove towards space, akin to a soul leaving a dead body. Then, the debris field was silent as it always had been.

"Your next ship can be the Hollen's Prize - or Autumn's Prize, if you wish" Sunny attempted to retain her cheerful disposition.

Irina added: "Why, don't you like the Lila?" and engaged the ship's sheath, finally charged.
"Jumping in four hours, kids. Make yourselves comfortable, and prepare for eighteen light years of leave."
Smoothly, the Lilarcor glided towards the stars, the sun fading, withdrawing towards obscurity amongst the starry vastness.

"Leave the jump to me and Artemisia - and bring me a soda, please. If you should grow bored, which I hope you will, feel free to take care of Quan, and to feed the Kotiri, fix whatever they or the Viking broke. The Lila needs a cleaning, too."
She reclined in her chair, and ran system checks, eyes half closed. There had been death and danger, and changes - but she was alive, perhaps more alive than ever, and they were flying. It may not be much, but it was enough for her.
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Offline Autumn

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Adept
  • Tech op
    • Awards
« Reply #357 on: June 17, 2014, 08:52:02 PM »
Autumn nodded at Irina's casual commentary, her thoughts running more towards other ways of relaxing from the stress of recent events as she padded down to the med bay, her thoughts drifting between the desire to wash the stench of cat from her fur, and more primal urges, the sway of Sunny's tail still foremost in her mind.

The sick bay - despite Quan having been dismissed as "healthy and stop simulating" - was busy. Whistling, the doctor was stashing away the tools of the trade, and looking at what she could appropriate from the meager stock of the Lila. Finally free of the space suit, she was free to don her bioplastic jumpsuit, its green so reminiscent of her home. Absentmindedly, she held a first aid kit wrapped in her tail; her head deep in the medicines cabinet, muttering: "Expired, expired, antediluvian, expired."

"Hey doc, need a hand with anything?" Autumn asked softly, leaning against the door frame, her tail flicking side to side under her thigh length maroon kilt as she gently ran her fingers across the polished surface of the hatchway.

A soft whistle welcomed her - Vivaldi's "Spring". Helia stopped, turned, her eyes first quizzical, then filled with a glimmer of mischief. A smile played across her lips. She seemed always in motion, as if she ... flowed ... through space - the dance of her sensory tendrils, the slow sway of her tail, the flow of thought reflected on the youthful face. "I ... might," she finally replied, coming closer, eyeing Autumn enigmatically. "Or do I help you first?" The doctor examined Autumn with her thorough gaze. "You did take quite the beating - and not once complained."

Autumn gave her a slit eyed grin, her tongue gently hanging over the tip of her teeth in as she panted gently. "I knew you'd be there to patch me up afterward, good as new." She growled softly, taking a half step towards her. "Perhaps we can both help each other?"

"I think that's expected of crew mates, no?" she winked, and returned to her work, her tail nonchalantly and possibly unintentionally coiling around Autumn's leg as she turned her back to study a manual.

Autumn reached out to gently place a paw on Sunny's shoulder, softly rubbing small circles with her thumb. "Perhaps, but the thought of placing myself in your hands again in the future, I find a bit more distracting than most would." She breathed softly, leaning in to slowly nuzzle the side of Sunny's neck with the thin whiskers adorning the side of her muzzle.

The sapphire suit outlined Sunny's fertile hips, muscled legs and firm shoulders, and felt as glossy as Autumn imagined the doctor's polished skin must feel. "How did you know I am stiff right there?" Helia sighed. "Could you please ..." "Ooh!" she exclaimed as the whiskers brushed the exposed part of her neck. Slowly, Helia turned, rubbing her neck's tender skin against Autumn's muzzle. "Tell me how distracting, I would love to hear it from you" she whispered, her fingers slowly sliding into the hound's mane, running across the skin beneath, and pulling Autumn's head closer.

Autumn panted seductively, looking into Sunny's eyes with desire, letting the medic pull her closer, slipping her paws around behind for better support, slowly caressing the base of Sunny's tail.

"You have scant little time to tell me before..." her head darted out, her lips seizing Autumn's outstretched tongue, sucking it in, massaging it with her lips and tongue, her mischievous eyes incessantly locked with Autumn's. She released it then, exhaling: "... before this happens again."

Autumn paused in momentary shock, her grip on Sunny's back side tightening briefly in response. "Well then I'll have to let my actions speak for me." She growled eagerly, leaning forward to kiss Sunny a second time, her left paw gently searching for the zipper to the doctors jump suit as she lifted one of her hind paws to stroke the side of Sunny's leg as she did so, flexing her toes to trace the gentle curvature of her calf muscles.

Autumn caressed Helia while her other hand searched fruitlessly. "I think I will have to help you here" Sunny teased, and as if on its own volition, the suit began to open under Autumn's touch where it had been seamless before. Underneath, Sunny was glossy and as if freshly polished. She licked inside Autumn's ear, nibbled across the lobe while her tail coiled around Autumn's leg in a serpentine fashion, the tip teasing her thighs while the hound was undoing her suit. Helia's searing breath noticeably hastened inside Autumn's ear, interrupted by bites and licks. Her hands slid underneath the kilt from behind, and squeezed Autumn's cheeks firmly, possessively.

Autumn panted quicker, the anticipation growing within her as she felt parts of her fur growing damp with desire, her paws slowly stripping Sunny's suit as she flicked out her tongue to softly tease her behind the neck, and across the thigh as she peel back the shiny garment. The living cloth fell off Sunny; she wore nothing underneath, appearing as a butterfly freshly emerged from the chrysalis. She was entirely smooth, in stark contrast to the hound; only the fractal swirls of pigment underneath her skin adorned her nude frame.

Autumn arched into Sunny's hands, lifting her tail for easier access as she gently ran her paws over Helia's smooth skin, enjoying the silken smoothness, taking time to gently trace the patterns with the tips of her claws as she leaned forward to inhale Sunny's scent, enjoying the uniqueness of the med techs arousal, her quick shallow breaths a warm dace of kisses across Sunny's body.

Confidently, Sunny unclasped the kilt, and then sighed and moaned and shuddered against Autumn as the hound's claws traced across the sensitive skin; her hands clenched upon the muscular behind firmly, then resumed the sensual massage - and was swept against the bed by the onslaught of kisses. "Oh! This is what I imagined you would do when I felt you devouring me with your eyes..." She sank down, pulling Autumn with her, pressing her hungry lips against her bared chest.

Autumn growled with passion, pressing herself eagerly against Sunny, gently guiding Helia's lips to her nipples, her own furred paws sliding lower to Sunny's silken nether regions, her passion and desire overcoming her restraint, panting in eagerness, giving into what her instincts begged for, and her body demanded, trusting Sunny's skill would more than meet her expectations. The Veradani brought Autumn to fall between her legs, trapping the panting tongue with a different set of velvety lips again, and again, releasing it with agonizing slowness.

Autumn was a ferocious lover, well versed in the ways of passion; Sunny had known only women, and her society open about what it took to please one. Helia was almost swept aside by the onslaught, her quaking form trapped beneath the amorous beast. Climax by climax, Helia's deft touches drained the fury, the pent up lust, and left Autumn sighing and moaning in bliss after howling in ecstasy, giving all Sunny could handle, pleasantly surprised to find her eagerness and skill matched her own.

A few hours later Sunny dozed lightly in Autumns arms, her fur making for a soft, yet warm pillow to law upon, the hounds claws gently tracing small circles on her back as her tail dazedly coiled around her hind paws,  With a growl of contentment Autumn allowed herself to drift into a relaxed slumber, Sunny's head tails softly enfolding her muzzle as the Verandi followed her into a peaceful repose.

The previous scene was written by both myself and Echo in chat, and then edited for clarity before posting here.  8)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2014, 08:58:23 PM by Autumn »

Offline EchoMirage

• Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #358 on: June 18, 2014, 04:47:44 AM »
A content yet melancholic air surrounded Helia as she laid upon her breathing pillow. Off into the distance she gazed. Slowly, she shifted, to bring her chest in line with Autumn's face. "Come, drink... my milk hasn't stopped ... yet."

The gravity sheath unfolded into sails, the alpha coils humming with space-bending energy.
"Taking her up to alpha" Irina let them know, caught a wave, and they sailed, carried by the waves of space, gravity that ripples hence and forth through an universe in motion.
Were an observer present, he would see the Lila distort and bend as the light reflected off her was scattered by the ripples in space, and then vanish.

The two-headed Kotiri laid its massive jaws into Irina's lap, and observed her operate the computers, analyse the bends of space ahead, slightly adjust the course. She could feel it had subtly changed somehow. "Words" it said. "Words good."

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
« Reply #359 on: June 18, 2014, 06:52:00 PM »
Jerome had found a room to call his own, after removing the sad signs of its former owner. 

He had seen more action in the last twenty-four hours that he had in all his service, including that last patrol that ended his career.  He could not take a singe breath without being reminded of that blast.  The weeks of treatment, the fittings and tuning of his new 'parts'.

His fellow soldiers could not comprehend Jerome's faith, how it was okay for his damaged parts to be replaced by machines, but not with engineered tissues drawn from his own DNA.

It was not faith, it was a lesson.  Mistakes had costs, and one should remember the costs.  To simply wave away those hard lessons, to 'reboot' oneself, seemed to Jerome cheating.

And now it seemed he had time to breath, to unwind.

He reached into a pouch and pulled out a flask he had liberated from a cabin, a nice old Scotch.   He liked scotch.

Speaking of cheating, thought Jerome, he pushed up his O2 levels to slightly above normal. Good to do this while he was still sober enough to do so.

"Jamison, Morris, and Minerva. Poor idiot Yulo, Crazy @!#$ Jarvis, and all you stupid Fed *******s. This is for you."  Jerome toasted the air, looking out into the stars.

He didn't chug, nor pull. The Scotch was better than that, and so was Jerome. He took his time.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline EchoMirage

• Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #360 on: June 20, 2014, 07:35:41 AM »
Hyperspace has a strange effect on some travelers, increasing the brightness of colors, vividness of dreams, and oddness of thought.

The Kotiri hid, remembering their abduction; Quan tinkered with broken gear; and Jerome drank with the ghosts of the past.

Where might be Duncan, his older brother, striving so hard towards the brass and his own command?
Did his results from the academy and the field, coupled with his smooth style and sharp elbows, earn him the captain's hat already? He had always aspired to command a cruiser, the combination of speed, grace and firepower appealing to his predatory sensibilities.

What was the fate of the dusters he had fought prior to the accident? He could recall all their truculent faces; dirty and stubborn, low-brow, spiteful. How fast a man would fall when separated from the grace of Sol! He could see Cassia III through the alcohol haze, the barbarians re-integrated and put to work, toiling in the rust-brown hills.

Wherever were the pirates they had taken, the scum of space? He could still hear the thanks of the rescued settlers, honest men traveling towards fortune on the frontier, good women who set out to spread humanity to the stars, their wide-eyed daughters breathing heavily, their cheeks red, as he passed. His uniform had been tight across his chest that day.

What had become of Erika? Their days together, though ecstatic, seemed so distant, lost in the past. Was her dream true, was she a singer, a diva in some corner of space? Her uniform but a souvenir and deserter's stage prop? The heated argument over her fox ear and tail graft seemed trivial and pointless now.

When he awoke, there was a package of tomato juice, a bottle of water and two aspirin placed on his night table. How considerate.

Offline Irina_

• Captain
  • Nomad
    • Awards
« Reply #361 on: June 23, 2014, 08:21:33 AM »
Words. Had she heard that correctly? She had. "You're learning our language! Of course," she exclaimed, remembering the hyper-adaptability of the Kotiri. As she ran her hand across the cranium nestled in her lap, she smiled, remembering her thoughts on wanting to find a way to communicate fully with the Kotiri, just the thought and her will was enough to trigger a biological response.

As the Lilacor continued her journey through hyperspace, the world of the Kotiri and its details featuring prominently on the navscreen. Irina felt a pang of shame and possibly fear at the memory of their previous time there. The reptilian part of her consciousness meanwhile expressed an eagerness to be back amongst her people, concerned for their safety and wellbeing and to experience the jungle again.

She leant back in her Captain's chair, exhausted after the previous days encounters and in deep need of some R and R. That would have to wait for now. aaah, what I would give to have the knots in my shoulders and back massaged back on Arkona...
« Last Edit: June 24, 2014, 04:09:21 AM by Ivanova »

Offline Autumn

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Adept
  • Tech op
    • Awards
« Reply #362 on: June 23, 2014, 11:52:53 AM »
Autumn padded softly onto the bridge, idly picking at a stubborn piece of breakfast between her canines with a duranium tipped claw, pausing briefly as she noticed Irina gently patting one of the Kotiri. "Morning Cap," She growled softly, giving her a welcoming bob of her head. "I can take over bridge watch for a time if you need to fetch sustenance?" She offered politely, eyeing the consoles with a critical eye. "I'm familiar enough with piloting to keep us on course." She reassured her with a wink.

Offline Irina_

• Captain
  • Nomad
    • Awards
« Reply #363 on: June 24, 2014, 04:40:25 AM »
Looking up at Autumn as she padded closer, Irina gave her a warm if tired smile. "Thank you, I appreciate it." Getting up out of the chair she yawned and stretched, "I'll go see what we have to eat, you want me to rustle you something up while you're here?"

Offline Autumn

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Adept
  • Tech op
    • Awards
« Reply #364 on: June 24, 2014, 02:12:46 PM »
Autumn gave her an approving nod, her earlier meal having done little to curb her appetite, especially after the energy consuming ordeal of the past couple days. "That would be lovely," She told her softly, taking a seat in the captains chair and quickly keying in a new height adjustment for comfort. With a sigh of contentment she allowed herself to sprawl out slightly, giving the bridge an approving nod.

More spacious and a bit better designed than the Prize's, I could get used to this, hopefully we can work out an amicable contract with Irina ave the Kotiri are dropped off, or perhaps before if the captain is particularly motivated. I just hope she can offer better terms than that slug Yulo.

Offline Autumn

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Adept
  • Tech op
    • Awards
« Reply #365 on: July 13, 2014, 12:14:30 PM »
"You can leave her as she is, she's on auto for a while anyway whilst we're hyped. Are you coming to the Galley with me?" irina asked Autumn, in return she shrugged and nodded.

"After you Captain," before padding softly behind her towards the galley.

"Please, Irina will do fine until we can arrange a proper contract, if that is what you wish. After all, I still have a debt to you." Irina Entered the lift down to the crew and galley area, her hand brushing the holo-button that would send them down a deck.

"A proper contract would be preferable, for clarity among the crew, and I would prefer the position of first mate." She admitted readily, crouching down slightly to bring her head even with Irina's

"I'm sure that we can arrange everything once we've returned the Kotiri and found a neutral shipyard and port in which to conduct repairs and apply for contracts." She told her with relaxed smile.

"You'll find our crew to be rather informal, Jerome handles everything security related, Sunny has the last word in medical matters, and I have command in regards to engineering, and more recently as first mate," Autumn gave her a toothy grin of contentment, "So the contracts need not be too complicated, given we're operating outside of federation controlled space it're more a formality anyway."

"You seem to be a very well co-ordinated group as well. Have you been flying together long?" She asked, raising an eye brow slightly.

"No, we're just awesome like that." Quan said, entering the lift as the doors hissed open, having caught her question just as the lift arrived at his level.

"Only a few weeks, we came together under Yulo's command, he offered good terms and had a quality ship." She placed a paw against the lift railing with practiced ease, "His betrayal was an unwelcome surprise." She added with a growl of anger, accented by a flick of her tail.

Autumn nodded at Quan's comment, "We do work together rather well for a freshly blooded pack."

You only need a informal contract for me too - my word's better than a paper, and there's no one enforcing papers out here anyway." He agreed with a grin.

"In my experience contracts are mostly useful when the time comes to divide up payment there's no quarrels over how much of a percentage each individual gets, and helps everyone better understand what is expected of them as far as duties go onboard. "Beyond that..." Autumn shrugged, "It's of little worth."

Quin smiled broader, making eye contact with Irina as he spoke, "And I am a sane man - after how you dealt with the Feds, do you think I would cross you?" the pilot gave them a toothy grin. "But yeah, I agree with the pup, it serves well to pin down how to split the loot. Money won't make you happy, but I'd rather cry in a castle than on the street."

"I would suggest however captain that you set aside 25% or so of our income off the top of each profitable endeavor for necessary ship maintenance and repairs, and a further 10% for emergencies.

Irina Grinned at Quan's remark she attempted to brush aside this talk of loot and payment, "We will sort everything out soon. I plan to run a fair and equal ship, as long as all sides accept that, there won't be any problems." She paused to consider the views for a moment before continuing, "Your idea is one that I agree with Autumn, however this is something that should be properly addressed, and in the right setting. I know a good Justice that would be able to sort things amicably.

"One creatures fair and equal is anothers bare minimum, although I am in agreement to a equal share of profit split along all crew." Autumn agreed carefully, her thoughts drifting as the lift opened to the galley deck.

"That is along the lines of what I had in mind." Irina told her with a nod, hoping to conclude the difficult line of discussion before it got too technical.

"Perfect, although I must ask a somewhat delicate question." She paused and tilted her head slightly. "Your former crew members, will anyone come looking for them now they are no longer among the living? Relatives or friends with vengeance on their mind? Others who may have a monetary claim to the vessel's ownership?"

Irina paused to consider this. They weren't good people. But even they might have those that cared for them at one time or another. "With that bunch, I doubt it. I'll sift through their remaining affects and the crew manifest. Some were alright. Others, not so much.

"Especially those to whom they may have owed sums of credits that may not be willing to accept their death as sufficient cause to excuse their debts." She continued with a nod, walking at their side causally toward the kitchen area.

"Not if I have anything to say about it. As the last surviving officer, ownership passes to me. She'll undergo a sharp refit and I should be able to get us new official papers too." She corrected the hound with a firm tone.

"Well, has Cherenkov paid off the Lila?" Quan interjected, "Or hasn't he told you? I knew a few fringer captains who got spaced by the mob for being behind on payment. But then, you can feed the mobsters to our little scaly friends - a win-win situation, I'd say. Leaves space a better place. Very philanthropic."

"Delightful," Autumn growled gently, smiling at Quan's suggestion. "The repair bill to bring the Lila back into prime shape will be manageable, although a lay over at a suitable derelict shipyard in the future would be cheaper, mostly we could use a handful of cleaning drones and a steam blast of a few bulkheads where they Koriti gave birth."

"We can sort it out after they have been safely returned to their home, and for now Autumn, consider yourself firstmate until we sort things out more completely." She said, her voice holding a tone of finality that she hoped would dissuade further discussion on the topic.

Autumn bowed her head in submission, a pleased smile crossing her lips and baring her duranium fangs. "As the captain wishes, now, let us break our fast and enjoy a properly prepared meal."

"Smashing idea!" Quan agreed with a nod, confident that no matter the out come of later discussion his position as lead pilot was secure and his future bright indeed, especially with this crew watching his back.

(The previous was part of a live chat session a few days ago edited and posted here.)

Offline EchoMirage

• Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #366 on: July 13, 2014, 03:58:26 PM »
Guided by Irina, Quan or Autumn, the Lila climbed away from mundane reality, into the tumultuous delta layer. The visuals beyond the bulkheads no longer had any reminiscence of the physical world, a play of lights and whimsical patterns, though the brain, in its stubborn atavism, tried to apply perspective and meaning. Seasoned pilots could fly by sight, knowing the distortions for what they were, but the run of the mill space trucker flew by instruments, which told him of approaching gravity waves and allowed him to steer clear.

Irina found herself dreaming of the jungle's embrace, of strange creatures whose flesh she could claim as hers, of warm rain trickling down her glossy skin, of the rush of endorphins, her muscles a well oiled machine - about as well oiled as her body during a relaxing massage after an evening in the sauna back on Arkona. The para-fir forest sang a haunting tune ever trapped in its conjoined branches as she swam down one of the narrow mountain lakes. She could almost count the calories her adapted brown fat tissue burned, the open ion channels turning the ion gradient into heat. The volkun was the local apex predator, and she ran with them, and was a mother, coiled around her litter in a furry embrace. She roared with the pack, and other bellows joined and echoed in the thick frosty air.
Sweaty, she awoke, her body sending a great many half-understood signals, as if it prompted her to command it.. somehow.
This will be an interesting flight. She petted Simargl, the two-faced Kotiri greeting her back; he had taken up place in her room, by her bed, as if it was the place he belonged. One week, then they would part.

Autumn was busy with repairs, exercise, piloting, being a bossy first mate, and with a certain needy doctor. Dextrous, uninhibited and inventive, Sunny gave Autumn a run for her money - and had a prehensile tail that knew all of the hound's happy places. Autumn had to smirk as she saw her bring the same sort of energy to her other dealings, whether it was dragging Jerome to the ship's gym to repair it and spot for her (he ended up exercising himself), or whether she was busy stuffing the ship's supplies down the Kotiri stowaways' throats, or working away in the infirmary/lab. The doctor might have been the empath on the ship, but Autumn knew well that this was the look of a person trying to keep busy.

Quan, in his usual suave way, convinced the rest to games of cards and chance, skillfully winning the easier chores. In the remaining time, he managed to sweep the ship with Irina's aid, collecting whatever valuables and illicit goods the smugglers had stored - it made for a sizable pile.
"We've got twenty pounds of Spice, ladies" he finally concluded, "three hundred kilos of protein-vitamin supplements, and seven thousand doses of polyvalent nano-vaccines. Cherenkov must have planned a stop at some frontier colony. Of course, then there's the guns."
Mentioning weapons usually fixates all gazes upon you - the same happened now. "Low quality assault rifles, but they kill a man dead nonetheless. These are fringe worlds, with no power-armored police around - having rifles and the men to hold them is ninety percent of the law."
He helped Irina pull out a crate, displaying its lethal metal cargo: "A few dozen unregistered guns, plus hollow points and armor piercing slugs. You could start a banana republic with those."

Sunny added: "Combined with the prefab housing and agricultural machines, we might seem like honest-to-God merchants. There must be a frontier world where we could ditch those."

With a droning hum of the engines, they descended back into the mundane world, a warm orange star ahead, and a vibrant nebula surrounding them. The Lila dashed forward, towards the blue orb of Kotir, the second of the sun's chidren.
The world possessed shallow seas and two large moons, coupled with a noticeable axial tilt. The weather, tides and seasons had to be interesting. The more distant moon seemed alive as well and the third planet too - what rare bounty! If the Kotiri ever develop space flight - or are helped - their system will be a veritable cornucopia. A cradle of life.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J6aQEFzB3zQ

Offline EchoMirage

• Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #367 on: July 23, 2014, 08:49:17 AM »
Morskoi to Kotir, more than two weeks had passed, and the crew of the Lila had grown accustomed to their prowling cargo. If Helia had any indication of why the captain was acting strangely the last day, she would not tell - but after their bout of lovemaking, the doctor left Autumn snoring, and wandered the ship, sensing. Perchance she was not a rival of a secret operative in terms of stealth, but in the calm void of space, she knew when a mind was headed her way.

Faced with the assembled Kotiri, Irina was at a loss for words. The multitude of shapes surrounded her, waiting for their envoy to make sense  of their predicament - yet her two halves were still alien to each other, a bridge not built and none in sight.
Merely Simargyll rejoiced as she spoke, adding a very content comment of "words good" to the discussion. The others were puzzled as she explained how they would be ferried to the home - they were frightened, growing hungry and somehow, she could sense a certain lack of faith. Their envoy had not proven herself in any way. What if they decided to remake her, or to take their chances with one of the crew?
Instead of instructions or tutoring, there were the waiting stares, unfathomable emotions and stirrings, and feral dreams; lethal shapes were prowling in and out of her room, the unasked question clear.

She could imagine herself sharing this with the crew, not yet - but sooner than later, they had to be headed to the weapon lockers, so much she knew.
Or perchance now?
The captain felt something approaching, the faint fragrance of jungle blossoms filling her nostrils. With a snarl she spun around, the barrel of her drawn sidearm gleaming.
Apologetically, the doctor raised her hands, then approached, laying one on Irina's shoulder, the other on her face, brow furrowed, but smiling, then very briefly smirking and her eyes ablaze with mischief, then turning serious again.
"You are disappointed, nervous, afraid. If Jerome didn't spend all his loving glances on the new gun of his, I'd wager it's matters of the heart - but so I have to conclude it's your pack."
The captain could but nod, eyeing Helia with one eyebrow raised.
"I guess you have attempted to communicate, but you find it already hard to reconcile the halves within, and to explain the concept of space flight, the waiting and perceptions of hyperspace to your feral side is difficult; to bring the point across to the other Kotiri impossible."
Irina rather did not attempt to elaborate upon what the doctor had said, prefering to nod instead of explaining the dichotomy, her struggle to maintain a coherent self, how her human half wrestled to rein in the Kotiri mind, who resented being denied. Even now, her feral side attempted to do things to her body by mechanisms she hardly understood - luckily, sufficiently enough to respond with a steady opposition. Stray thoughts flitted through her mind as they talked, the alien side clueless about why she did not assert her dominance over the smaller female, highlighting her eligibility, fertility and subordination, and glossing over issues of gender.

Helia smiled and gave her a wink, adding: "Thank you, flatterer."
Then, she returned back to the more pressing topic: "There is one Kotiri you haven't talked to yet - the single one not freed from stasis yet. Both judging from his body that's more resemblant of a tool-using creature than predator, and from the fragments of information we know, he may be of the thinking breed."

Hesitantly, the duo made its way to the storage room.

Autumn awoke, noticing an emptiness where she usually would find a warm, smooth creature. More on instinct than anything else, she asked the computer: "Artemisia, localise Sunny Greene?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PgOrKuAy9S4

Offline Autumn

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Adept
  • Tech op
    • Awards
« Reply #368 on: July 23, 2014, 12:55:42 PM »
Autumn stretched quietly, her curiosity where Sunny had gotten herself off to at war with her desire for another hour or so of shut eye. With a contented yawn she reluctantly pulled herself form the bed, smoothing out her kilt and strapping on her weapon and tool belts, softly padding int he direction of Sunny, somewhat mystified to find her along with Irina and a handful of Kotiri surrounding the intact stasis pod.

With a look of intense curiosity she leaned against the wall and observed then, unwilling to interrupt whatever they seemed to be in the middle of.

Offline EchoMirage

• Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #369 on: July 24, 2014, 03:30:39 PM »
Sunny noticed the leaning crewmate, flashing her a grin and pointing two thumbs up.
They then turned back to the sarcophagus. Stasis pod. Looked like one, though, even its occupant had its upper extremities folded upon the chest.
Sunny lifted the control panel lid and flicked off the safety.
Irina twitched, recalling how the alarm of the failing pods had spelled the death of her former crew. Certainly not undeserved, it was no less grim. On the bright side, at least they were tasty.
How do I taste now? She wondered.

The mist cleared from within, and the lid sprang open, revealing the upright reptilian shape. The six-limbed creature opened the eyes in the slits of its face shield, and tensed up - the memory of capture was fresh. Noticing the Kotiri around and capturing Irina's unique scent, it stepped forth slowly though, opening its mouth slightly to display rows of shark-like teeth and wiggling tongues.
It was focused on the captain, its limbs, tail, in fact the whole body swaying, scents alternating in their nostrils, subtle tones of color changing under its skin. All this was accompanied by a low hum that could be felt in the temples. The Kotiri crept closer on their bellies, rubbing their scales together.
Sunny chirped in glee: "It's communicating - and it's beautiful!"
But the captain felt just a storm of quizzical messages from her other half, and rubbed her head: "Only if I could understand..."

The upright alien paused. The doctor frowned, then laid one arm around Irina's shoulder. "It's a bold move, but: stop fighting your other half. You are one creature, so start acting like one. This is not a situation a human could handle - but a creature forged of man and beast might. Trust me, I was born with my Soul, but even today, I still sometimes am clueless as to what it is going on about. But I am one creature made of two halves, and you'd never catch me speaking in the royal plural. Take a deep breath, throw your reservations to the wind, and push through."
With that, she gently nudged Irina onward.

Tense, but loosening, the tall woman stepped out, emptying her mind of fear and the noise of human thought; she could feel the hum of the wild spirit below the surface - then it broke through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DW1mWsLg-do

Concepts which she had no words for flashed in her mind, but they were acquiring a coating of sense; inhibitions gained new context, fear left in the joined understanding. As if on an agreed signal, the Kotiri lifted her up and brought her to its face-shield, the eyes drilling into hers. Slowly, it extended a sinuous appendage from below the pace-plate and the captain opened her mouth, welcoming it within, a foot, then two sliding inside her, her eyes rolling back, the spine arched.

Then, she went limp.

Offline Autumn

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Adept
  • Tech op
    • Awards
« Reply #370 on: July 24, 2014, 07:17:15 PM »
Autumn watched with interest as they opened the stasis pod, one paw resting lightly on her hand cannon, just in case the newly awakened creature mistook the good doctor for a post hibernation meal. She tiled her head in mild surprise as it embraced Irina, her eyes widening at it slowly inserted its lengthy tongue into her mouth. I sure hope that's its tongue anyway,

Her gaze flicked over to Sunny as Irinas' form went limp, trusting the doctor would inform her should her assistance become necessary, but otherwise hesitant to intrude upon the unexpectedly intimate embrace between the captain and Kotiri.

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #371 on: July 24, 2014, 09:30:58 PM »
Jerome was in the ships 'shop'.  After clearing his mind, and recovering, he bent his mind to that he knew.  Robots.

He had gathered what wrecked robots he could find on the ship, along with other odds and ends he gathered, and then brought up the basic schematics for his blast bots.  He would find suitable warheads later, but for now, the skittering shells would serve.

He wondering what the others were up to, but no one had called him, and he was still in a bit of a funk.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline EchoMirage

• Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #372 on: July 28, 2014, 09:11:57 AM »
The ship had had an automated maintenance bot service once. The dysfunctional shells cluttered up their bays in the walls; only occasionally, a light flickered or a servo whirred in an attempt to resume their function. Still, there would be good parts to build several annoying scampering drones. Jerome plundered the bays, pulling the robots out like bunnies from burrows. They even protested meekly at time: "Please place this unit with its tracks facing the floor?" in a voice that reminded Jerome of a chubby bashful girl. "Don't worry, you will be remade into a more glorious purpose" he smiled.

The aliens and the women were not around, just Quan could be heard from the bridge, listening to psychedelic electronic beats. But then, the Lila was significantly larger that the somewhat cramped Prize. He chuckled at the thought of sitting on each others' heads with a pack of aliens. Who knew? Perchance they'd hire more hands someday? Or, he could use the extra bunks to store robots.

Sunny observed the strange joining raptly, commenting into her wrist comp and absentmindedly petting whatever Kotiri came close. In the same tone, she added in between sentences: "Autumn, stand back, if something goes wrong, run to the bridge."
Then, she proceeded to comment.
"Peristaltic movement of the appendage indicates small quantities of content passing to the human; flow is unidirectional, flow rate appears to be several grams per minute at most. Movements of the appendage indicate activity besides transfer of contents, likely related to the manipulators at its end."
"The human does not appear to be in pain; rather, eye movements and muscle tone indicate a state similar to REM sleep."
"The alien appears paralysed; muscle tone is high, but no movement is visible. Its eyes and most other sensory openings are closed."

To Autumn, it seemed an eternity, and visions of the Kotiri falling upon Sunny, to turn her into some strange creature, flooded her mind.
T'was then that Helia's voice showed some excitement.
"The transfer has stopped. The human's muscle tone is rising."
"The appendage appears to move further inside the human... and detaches from its former owner, without a visible wound. A lumen and manipulators similar to those on the end initially inserted into the human are visible."
"The alien awakens, and hands me the human."
Sunny caught the unconscious Irina; the difference in their build was pronounced by the contrast - the slender sinewy doctor appeared willowy next to the muscular captain.
"The appendage is fully withdrawn."
"The human's pulse is quickening; same is true for breathing."

She then smiled, and patted the captain's cheek: "Good morning, sunshine."
"Good morning" Irina replied sarcastically, then stood on her own, swayed, placed both of her hands on her own forehead, shaking it thoroughly then.
More confident than when she went into the storage room, she nodded to the other two women: "Let's take them home. We will be able to handle them now."

Offline Autumn

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Adept
  • Tech op
    • Awards
« Reply #373 on: July 28, 2014, 06:27:55 PM »
Autumn stared in a bafflement at the unusual ritual, shaking her head at the doctors suggest she run should anything go wrong, slightly insulted that Sunny would expect her to abandon her without a fight. She watched with interest as the the Kotiri locked itself in embrace with Irina, slightly nauseated at the spectacle, wondering as she awoke if she was still even the same captain as before.

"Will you be staying with them on planet now since your.. Coupling?" She asked Irina, giving Helia an uncertain glance, but stepping tot eh side to allow the captain to pass.

Are you even yourself now? How much like them can you become before you lose what remains of your self and become more of a beast than even myself?

Offline EchoMirage

• Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #374 on: Yesterday at 04:51:48 AM »
"Coupling? Hah. Also, don't think you'd be getting the Lila so cheap, sweetcheeks."
The captain laughed, then laid an arm around the hesitant Autumn.
"Come, let's sit down all together while Quan steers us towards orbit."

For the first time in quite a while, the crew of the Lila was gathered on the bridge: Quan spun around in the pilot's chair, Jerome fidgeted with a robot with a look of utmost concentration, Sunny sat beside Autumn and squeezed her behind encouragingly, while Irina leaned against the main console to face them all. The growing disc of the planet and its moons in the blackness of space provided a sufficiently dramatic backdrop.

"Thank you everybody for getting this far. We will be dropping off our passengers soon, and then, it's back to the career of the freelance trader and noble scoundrel."

Autumn interjected: "So you are really not staying on Kotir?"

The captain just smiled: "I'll take a few days of vacation there, if you permit - so don't fly off without me. Kotiri biosphere is compatible with ours..." she grinned, "... thus, feel free to do a little hunting - the food stores are awfully empty. I hear the beaches are lovely, too."
She stretched, nonchalantly, panther-like, then turned towards the bridge's window.
"We may do some in-system passenger flights once the Kotiri find a way to help us pay the fuel."

Then, she sat in the captain's chair, resting, but even then, her body projected an aura of speed and strength.

"Quan, please ready the freight shuttle. I'll take the Lila to orbit."
"Yes, my harsh but beautiful mistress" the pilot laughed, and headed off.
« Last Edit: Yesterday at 09:53:50 AM by EchoMirage »