llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: A Fast Exit  (Read 67666 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Autumn

  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Adept
  • *
  • Posts: 116
  • Tech op
    • Awards
Re: A Fast Exit
« Reply #150 on: April 07, 2014, 05:01:10 PM »
Pausing as she noticed her shots having little effect Autumn glanced around, her eyes settling on a near by fire extinguisher secured in it's housing at the junctions mid point. With a growl she yanked it free of it's mooring, grasping it in one gloved hand as she drew her blade and propelled herself towards the creatures gaping maw, Spraying with abandon as she closed the distance, hoping the spray of foam would both distract the creature and allow her to get close enough to rescue Sunny.


(17:47:13) Minion: Silveressa rolls 1d100 and gets 65. (for the extinguisher attack)
(17:47:20) Minion: Silveressa rolls 1d100 and gets 90. (driving her blade into the cartilage of the captains claw, hoping to make it release sunny)
(17:47:28) Minion: Silveressa rolls 1d100 and gets 84. (grabbing Sunny and kicking herself away, assuming she's free of the claw, if not consider it a second attack at the claw)

Online valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3161
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: A Fast Exit
« Reply #151 on: April 07, 2014, 06:18:17 PM »
Jerome took advantage of Autumn's distraction to switch to his rocket rifle - the 20mm explosive rockets would avail him better then the puny air-propelled slugs. Now he needed a clear shot...


   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline EchoMirage

  • Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Moderator
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1668
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Master Questor Elite Questor NPC Guild Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: A Fast Exit
« Reply #152 on: April 08, 2014, 03:47:54 AM »
Stumbling, Autumn held a fire extinguisher in front of the Captain; the creature eyed it with a puzzled look - with all its eyes, shaking Sunny on occasion to keep her from struggling too much.

"Is there a fire?" the human head asked.

Autumn fumbled with the unfamiliar safety - these things were supposed to be easily useable in an emergency. Luckily ... the Captain helped her with the safety? One of its massive claws withdrawing the well-hidden pin? Immediately, he caught a faceful of fire extinguisher! Autumn sprayed hence and forth, the nozzle of the industrial-strength device pushing her back like a rocket! The Captain was swiftly obscured by a cloud.

Autumn desperately fumbled for a knife in the mist, the fire extinguisher lashing hence and forth.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 01:08:45 PM by EchoMirage »
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 728
  • Status Quo is the DEVIL
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
Re: A Fast Exit
« Reply #153 on: April 08, 2014, 04:27:12 PM »
Struggling within the grasp of the pincer, Sunny stretched and kicked at the eyes of the monsterous captain, she could feel the tip of her boot sink into the squishy softness, the creature howled in pain.

(23:22:15) Minion: Gossamer rolls 1d100 and gets 24.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline Autumn

  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Adept
  • *
  • Posts: 116
  • Tech op
    • Awards
Re: A Fast Exit
« Reply #154 on: April 08, 2014, 07:36:12 PM »
"Halt!" She tossed the empty extinguisher to the side and held her hands palms outward in an open gesture. "Apologies captain, we mistook you for a invader on your ship, we did not recognize you in your current... State."

With a flick of her hand she quickly switched her coms back to internal. "The captain helped me with the fire suppressors safety, I do believe we may be able to reason with it, or at least placate it enough to make it let Sunny go and withdraw." She filled the group in hurriedly on her flash of potential insight. "Failing that It'll make a nice distraction for you to land a killing shot Jerome."



In the event a dice roll is needed
(20:35:11) Minion: Silveressa rolls 1d100 and gets 22.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2014, 07:37:55 PM by Autumn »

Offline EchoMirage

  • Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Moderator
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1668
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Master Questor Elite Questor NPC Guild Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: A Fast Exit
« Reply #155 on: April 09, 2014, 03:40:45 AM »
What the frag was going on?

The last thing they saw was a cloud of cold CO2 expanding outwards, then the *thunk* of a space suit boot and a wet squishing sound, then a roar of pain!
Sunny was propelled out of the mist, spinning like a cast-aside rag doll, until she hit the roof, luckily tangentially and softly, and managed to hold onto a protruding pipe.
Her brief brush with the behemoth let her know - there were two creatures holding her. The Captain and something.

Autumn receded, then turned on her speakers, apologizing to it. When shooting did not help, perhaps words did? Usually, it was the other way around, but then, the Captain may be stupid or confused enough to fall for it?

And he did.

Instead of tearing her apart, the creature eyed her with its massive plated head, albeit with two eyes less. Heedless of its sensory organs running down its face, the creature assessed the dog-morph. Then, the human head emerged from under its lid again: "You are not crew. The crew is gone. You will be recruit. Go, there."

It pointed down the corridor with one of its razor appendages, then prodded her.
Wait. Did it just slap her butt?
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 728
  • Status Quo is the DEVIL
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
Re: A Fast Exit
« Reply #156 on: April 09, 2014, 05:24:40 AM »
Sunny switched on her internal comm and hissed. "What are you doing?! Are you loco in the coco?! I dun wanna be crew to a ship full of monsters! They're gonna turn us into those six-legged reptile things... Where's the nearest airlock when you need it..."

She looked around for any sign of an air-lock.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Online valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3161
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: A Fast Exit
« Reply #157 on: April 09, 2014, 12:34:26 PM »
Jerome did not know what to think.  Should he simple erase this captain with a cloud of rockets?

He remembered the autosentry, still sitting on its swivel.

He tongued the switch, setting the gun to manual operation, and the gun's camera appeared in Jerome's HUD.

He targeted the Captain as he walked down the hallway, his own rifle pointed down.

"Autumn, engage?" he said over the comm.


   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Autumn

  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Adept
  • *
  • Posts: 116
  • Tech op
    • Awards
Re: A Fast Exit
« Reply #158 on: April 10, 2014, 02:16:20 AM »
"Aye aye Cap'n." She responded tot he creatures command with a crisp salute, turning and flinching as it prodded her backside, resisting the urge to turn and snarl as she flicked back to internal coms.

"Sunny. outside is a drone ready to shred you the same as it did our stow away, and with multiple people having suit breaches vacuum is a death sentence." She cringed inwardly at the medics loss of self control before addressing Jerome's inquiry. "Negative, we breach hull some of us are dead, I'd suggest we play along and lure this thing somewhere away from exterior bulk heads, then cram a grenade down it's throat, or a 20mm appetizer." She casually reloaded her pistol as she floated down the corridor, doing her best not to act at all threatening. "I'll follow your lead if you have a plan." She added after a moments consideration.

Online valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3161
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: A Fast Exit
« Reply #159 on: April 10, 2014, 08:38:48 AM »
"Okay, go with the flow it is."

Jerome didn't have a plan - who could possibly foresee something like this?  He set the gun to standby again and followed the yellow brick road.

   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 728
  • Status Quo is the DEVIL
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
Re: A Fast Exit
« Reply #160 on: April 10, 2014, 08:48:35 AM »
Sunny grumbled but went along, she didn't put away her needle gun though. Her hand traced the wall and she counted the bulkheads as she walked on, humming nervously.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline EchoMirage

  • Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Moderator
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1668
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Master Questor Elite Questor NPC Guild Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: A Fast Exit
« Reply #161 on: April 13, 2014, 05:25:25 AM »
The Captain delved deeper into the ship with a singular purpose, while his human head kept muttering.
"Where is everybody?"
"Deserters."
"Desdemona. Daedalus."
"Three-O-O-Kappa-Kappa-Beta-...uh...Seven!"
"Yulo? Where is Yulo?"
"NeoGen will pay well. Thirteen of the little ones, five leaders. Enough material."
"I think Erika took my key. The little bastard."

The corridors seemed to stretch on forever.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jrbN2y5r-vU
Where were they?

Then, they passes a massive airlock, and ... entered the engine room.
Behind them, the entrances to the four cargo holds were located, the entrance to one of them was open, the airlock sign flashing "FAILURE".

It was warm and moist, much akin to a jungle.
Several strange bilogical structures in various corners, blisters filled with goo. Shapes could vaguely be made out within.

The Captain turned to them.
"Repair. Engine."
"Get. Bridge."
"Fly. Home."
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Autumn

  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Adept
  • *
  • Posts: 116
  • Tech op
    • Awards
Re: A Fast Exit
« Reply #162 on: April 13, 2014, 06:49:40 AM »
Autumn tilted her head at the mention of the Yulo, regretting the lack of communications with her home ship.

Upon hearing his orders she gave the captain a crisp salute externally vocalizing a "By your command, Sir!" Before switching back to internal coms.

"Assuming this... Chimera is in control of the rest of the freaks on board, we'll be fine as long as we seem to follow his orders, if we take him out who knows how many more.. Things will come out of the woodwork looking for lunch?" Thoughts?" She hoped without a clear chain of command the group could reach a consensus relatively quickly, otherwise that chimera may well assume their inaction was insubordination, if it remained alive.

Online valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3161
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: A Fast Exit
« Reply #163 on: April 13, 2014, 09:38:11 PM »
"Play it by ear, I guess." Jerome said, stopping to scoop up the autosentry..

   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 728
  • Status Quo is the DEVIL
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
Re: A Fast Exit
« Reply #164 on: April 14, 2014, 05:52:51 AM »
"How long can we play along though? What if he gets the ship working and takes us to their homeworld or something. Let's try to come up with a trap of some kind, maybe barricade ourselves somewhere defensible if it turns out there are more of these things. We'll scout and make an assessment, yes?" Sunny relayed through the internal comms, her tail whipping with excitement.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline Autumn

  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Adept
  • *
  • Posts: 116
  • Tech op
    • Awards
Re: A Fast Exit
« Reply #165 on: April 14, 2014, 06:34:38 AM »
"I like the idea Sunny," Autumn nodded in agreement, heading for the engine room. "If we're the ones to bring stuff back on line, I'll make sure we're also the ones in control of those systems once they're operational."

Once at main engineering she gave an appraising glance around, deeply regretting the loss of her former assistant. "Given the infected nature of this ship though, I would suggest once we get it operational we use it's weapons to splash the remaining drone outside, patch or find some new suits or a shuttle, and get back to the Prize, this ships a quarantine waiting for a few torps in her belly."

With a pause she turned to glance at Jerome, "I recall the computer saying there was someone near the reactor, perhaps you could take Sunny and see if thy're still sane enough to deal with and I'll run some diagnostics here with our pilots help and see if I'll be able to restore main power, or at least the secondary and emergency systems." She spared a glance down at her wounds and shredded suit, the blood matted fur reminding and tattered carbon fiber weave an unpleasant reminder of her inability to easily escape to safety, should depressurization occur.

"It should give you a chance to scout around a little too, maybe find a good place to fall back to, place a couple of those turrets somewhere handy," She gave them another nod, "You know what your doing, I have complete confidence all of you." She panted softly in approval, giving them a time honored and very much traditional thumbs up.

(Rolls for engineering appraisal/jury rigging/whatever else is appropriate to assess the damage and determine what's fixable and how long it'll take.)
(07:24:59) Minion: Silveressa rolls 1d100 and gets 36.
(07:25:03) Minion: Silveressa rolls 1d100 and gets 16.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2014, 06:45:03 AM by Autumn »

Online valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3161
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: A Fast Exit
« Reply #166 on: April 14, 2014, 09:03:48 AM »
"Yes, lets get the engines on-line first."

   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline EchoMirage

  • Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Moderator
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1668
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Master Questor Elite Questor NPC Guild Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: A Fast Exit
« Reply #167 on: April 14, 2014, 11:06:19 AM »
The reactor room hummed with the core's energy, humid and warm it was, the moisture having nowhere to escape. Much akin to a sauna, in contrast with the core's blue light.
http://chemistry.oregonstate.edu/nuclear/pics/Reactor.jpg

They scouted cautiously, while Autumn worked at the reactor's console. By pure luck or smart construction, the emergency had unlocked the overrides - the ship's designer was well aware that out on the fringe, people with access codes sometimes died.

Jerome and Quan assessed their surroundings carefully. Here, at the ship's stern, there were the holds, the engines, the reactor room, and connections to the front of the ship, to its five floors. A few choice choke points were available - for example, the airlock they had passed that separated the ship's prow from the potentially dangerous cargo and from results of reactor problems.

Curiously, they peeked into the open cargo hold. The cavernous structure was under emergency lighting, the lights glimmering dimply as the backup source slowly failed. What they could make out were four huge silos and a water tank; rows of cages, pried open from the outside; a wrecked loader exoskeleton, and a row of eighteen stasis cells. The first thirteen had failed entirely, holding mechanisms and life support silent. The locks on the last four were still engaged according to the blinking lights, but otherwise they were silent, ominous metal caskets. One stasis cell still worked, apparently still connected to the reactor.
Irregular biological shapes could be seen clinging to the rafters and stuck in corners, eerily still and calm.

They examined the other holds - one held freezers, still online, the rows of freezer doors stretching into the dark distance. Another was a colonist compartment with habitats, entirely silent. It was as if they just waited to be unloaded on a lush world, to house families on the frontier.

The fourth was empty, save containers and salvage equipment - perhaps intended to house loot from the Desdemona? Certainly, the catastrophe had occurred prior to any salvage.

They even passed the airlock that connected the Lilarcor to the ancient cruiser; it was locked, the docking gear stuck. They gazed out, and could make out at least five suits in the gloom, motionless. The salvage party did not manage to get back home. Whether it was the better option, they dared not to say.

They came back to Autumn, who was relieved to find that the reactor as such worked, though set to minimum level by a lack of demand. The lines to much of the ship were dead, the analytical computer chirping away connection error messages like a depressed chipmunk.
Navigation offline.
Landing gear offline.
Engines offline.
Lighting offline.
Emergency shuttles launch disabled, locked by "The Red Viking". Power to pod bay nominal.
Life support nominal.
Gravity offline.
Inertia compensation offline.
Communications offline.
Central control offline.
Power supply to cargo hold one partially offline.


Strange how the reactor worked, but so many connections to independent systems had failed? Even from the backup batteries?
At least the screen also provided her with a comprehensive overview of where the power lines had failed. A dozen freaking places, in key places. That would take some work!

Having been confronted with the dangers of the ship, Sunny stayed back with Autumn instead of scouting, and had a chance to examine the cocoons, or whatever they were. She had expected some aliens inside; alas, they held parts of human bodies: one half a torso with the head and one arm still attached, one a liver and kidneys, one a spine and pelvis. Alas, the last, best concealed blister right next to a thermal exhaust port held a complete human, a young female - tall, muscular, raven-haired - in deep slumber, her minute movements betraying that she was still alive.
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 728
  • Status Quo is the DEVIL
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
Re: A Fast Exit
« Reply #168 on: April 15, 2014, 05:14:43 AM »
"Uh...guys? We've got a live one over here..." Sunny told them while slowly backing away from the cocoon.
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline Autumn

  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Adept
  • *
  • Posts: 116
  • Tech op
    • Awards
Re: A Fast Exit
« Reply #169 on: April 15, 2014, 05:42:16 AM »
"Main powers not the real issue, most of the connections were severed somehow, we need to rewire a dozen junction systems, and then reroute power through the sub buffer converter to re-modulate the power amplitude emitters and restore partial power to critical systems." Autumn paused and looked up from the diagnostic, a repair plan half formed in her head as Sunny's voice came in over the come with a faint crackle of static.

"Live one what? Is it human? Injured, infected or infested?" Autumn asked, drawing her hand cannon and heading for Sunny's location with a quick shove of her legs.

The repairs were important, but the ships sole medic even more so. "Details Sunny, if you please?"

Offline Gossamer

  • Procrastinator Extraordinaire
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • *
  • Posts: 728
  • Status Quo is the DEVIL
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 2013 Newbie of the Year 2013 Best Play By Post Player
    • Awards
Re: A Fast Exit
« Reply #170 on: April 15, 2014, 06:19:29 AM »
"It looks human enough... But it's in a cocoon along with others filled with human parts. I can't tell if she's been spared or...hatched." Sunny's eyes narrowed and she had her hand on her gun, carefully watching the girl.

Her skin pigmentation seemingly unified before Sunny's eyes, she brushed the girl's mind and saw a dream of a jungle planet, not that unlike Sunny's own, the girl lived together with the reptile creatures, and was seemingly treated as a pet... But what was she... It seemed like she was made up from more than one person, given her less than uniform state. Her hands seemingly didn't match either. She wasn't injured nor had any visible signs of augmentation, but she was a big one. Further examination might be a good idea.

"I'm gonna try and sedate her, git yer butts over here ASAP in case things go haywire, okay?" Sunny carefully stepped closer, put a sedative dart in her gun and shot nearly point blank at the girl.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 08:12:41 AM by Gossamer »
Samotny Osovjaltek - Dwarven Guild – Level 1
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 3 | DEX: 5 | CHA: 2 | INT: 4

Offline EchoMirage

  • Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Moderator
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1668
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Master Questor Elite Questor NPC Guild Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: A Fast Exit
« Reply #171 on: April 15, 2014, 08:21:05 AM »
The dart embedded itself firmly in the woman's gluteal muscle, and she visibly went limp.

Helia heard a psionic call, very much like a short compressed communication burst.
Whatever the hell was that?
« Last Edit: April 15, 2014, 09:18:45 AM by EchoMirage »
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Autumn

  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Adept
  • *
  • Posts: 116
  • Tech op
    • Awards
Re: A Fast Exit
« Reply #172 on: April 16, 2014, 06:48:29 AM »
"She may have had useful information to impart," Autumn quietly pointed out, holstering her side arm and pushing herself back towards the array of disconnected power systems. "The computer said the first mate Irina Ivanovova was in the reactor room, does she have any I.D or dog tags on her? If not keep looking, the first mate might be able to help me sort this mess out a bit faster." Autumn growled, returning to the by passing and restoration of at least partial power to gravity, life support, and central control.

"Until I can find out who The Red Viking is, the emergency shuttle launch is disabled, hopefully the first mate can help us with that. Once I get central control online we should be able to use the ships weapons to remove the final drone from outside and then get off this festering parasite nest of a ship." She vocalized over the internal coms, privately concerned the mutated captain would grow impatient and begin hounding them with more orders.

Online valadaar

  • Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • ****
  • Posts: 3161
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Locations Guild Elite Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: A Fast Exit
« Reply #173 on: April 16, 2014, 07:10:47 AM »
"Sounds good to me, " Jerome said, quickly emplacing his autoturrets but leaving them on standby.    He set their motion sensors to alert only, and then began rooting around the room, looking for the first mate or her stuff.




   
         Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®
      
   
            
         
                
         

Offline EchoMirage

  • Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Moderator
  • Emperor
  • *
  • Posts: 1668
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Master Questor Elite Questor NPC Guild Golden Creator
    • Awards
Re: A Fast Exit
« Reply #174 on: April 16, 2014, 07:47:08 AM »
Jerome's search of the room proved to be as successful as the initial scan - the computer had promised them one live human, and there she was, with Sunny's tranquilizer dart sticking out of her nude behind.

They could hear heavy steps, labored breathing and scraping outside the engine room; then, a different kind of step.
The ship rustled akin to a faint breeze dashing through fallen leaves.
They heard thumps and more scraping outside, then a screen flickered briefly on, displaying a yellow eye embedded between bony plates.
"Envoy. Engine." the Captain's voice rumbled.

The screen flickered off again.
Great, the critters had learned to use intercom.
Or remembered.

His search for other survivors fruitless, Jerome turned his labor to finding at least their belongings. This was rewarded with success, as, stuffed into a corner, he found a veritable heap of torn clothes and suits, stained with blood and ichor. Interspersed in the sticky mess were pieces of equipment - wrist comps, ammunition, a survival pack with gear, but plundered rations. A guardsman lasgun.  A pack of Spice, a good pound, luckily not torn. Didn't smugglers wear dog-tags? Nope. But they did write their names on the insides of their uniforms with permanent marker to sort their laundry. Ah, Irina.

The suit's right arm was torn off below the elbow, but Jerome was able to find the corresponding piece with the wrist comp attached intact. The helmet was pried open like an orange peel (and liberally splattered with blood), and the suit was torn in half around the waist.
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)