llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: A Fast Exit  (Read 82698 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Master Questor NPC Guild Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Awards
Re: A Fast Exit
« Reply #225 on: April 28, 2014, 11:12:56 AM »
"Oh, kids, sorry from sending you in! I did not know!" Yulo sounded genuinely apologetic, but then his tone changed to curious and interested, instead of being disgusted at horrified: "Parasites you say, hmmm?" he said more to himself, than to anyone else.

"Can anything be done for the captain? Regardless, ask that Irina girl about what Cyril - eh, captain Cherenkov - came here for. It doesn't sound like he came to fetch scrap metal!"
Oh, you greedy bastard. You know your buddy's dead since five whole seconds, and already you are picking his pockets. But then, he's dead, and finders-keepers, eh?

"Irina, what a pretty name - or would that be acting captain Irina? We are humble salvagers, having come to help Cyril Cherenkov. How do they say - help me, help you?"

While Yulo talked on, Irina managed to get a short inventory of the ship's state.
The ship had power, the drives were ready, sufficient fusion mass in the reactor too - to take them anywhere within eighty light years.
There were two issues - the docking lock to the Desdemona was still engaged, and Jerome's armor-piecing bullets had blown a few secondary consoles after passing through Cornelia, not enough to keep them from interstellar flight, though.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2014, 11:27:19 AM by EchoMirage »
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline Autumn

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Adept
  • Tech op
    • Awards
« Reply #226 on: April 28, 2014, 11:22:19 PM »
Autumn paused at the captains apparent willingness to negotiate with these... Things, further perplexed by Irinas desire for them to return home, home to where?

Parasites are at home in their host, these things seem... Different.

She keyed her com and spoke over an unencoded frequency both Irina and Yulo could easily pick up. "Captain, I'm willing to... Negotiate with the... Occupants of the ship on your behalf, I ask only that you keep an ear out on coms for any arrivals to investigate the distress beacon, if a third party shows up, things could turn uglier fast."

I already bargained with the Chimera captain once to get us this far along, not much to lose by bargaining for salvage and safe passage.

"If anyone else has anything to add, now's the time to speak up." She pulled herself away from the life support system after reconnecting the wires she hastily yanked, padding towards the bridge cautiously, a part of her wondering if she should have set a four hour silent self destruct or boobied the FTL system, just in case.

Meet those of honor with honor, those without, with bared fangs and drawn weapons.

Offline Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
  • "No power in the 'Verse"
  • Awards Hall of Heroes Item Guild 2012 Most Votes of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #227 on: April 29, 2014, 06:12:07 AM »
Irina exhaled, relief flooding through her as one by one the diagnostic she'd ran showed that most of the ship was for the most part still intact and starworthy.

"Computer, calculate a flight plan to Kotir. Then run a scan over the Desdemona." I don't want any surprises when we attempt to disengage.

"Acting-Captain, I suppose. Now that Captain Cherenkov seems to be little more than an attachment to one of the Kotori we have on board. On behalf of the remaining crew and my Kotori I'd like to thank you for coming when you did. If there is a way we can help you, within our humble means, then we shall."

The soft padding paws of the Prize' First Mate made Irina turn away from the comm-screen to face her, "Thank you for joining us, without you we would all be floating in the black soup," she paused, her gaze settling on Autumn's canine features, and drawn to her eyes. "Please take a seat around the table over there, I'm afraid all I'm able to offer you in the way of refreshment is water, the Ensign seems to have went through all stores here on the bridge."

"How rude of me, I apologise," she said holding out her hand in a formal gesture, "Acting Captain Irina Ivanovova of the Lilacor, formerly the First Mate."

Kassandra Quilldancer
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 2 | DEX: 3| CHA: 2 | INT: 2

Offline Autumn

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Adept
  • Tech op
    • Awards
« Reply #228 on: April 29, 2014, 06:56:23 AM »
Autumn took off her helmet and nodded, leaning in to sniff at the woman before accepting her greeting, as was proper canine tradition. She gently grasped Irina's hand in her paw, taking great care not to embed her claws into the woman's silken skin.

Autumn, first mate of the Hollen's Prize, appointed negotiator of captain Yulo." She gave her a toothy grin,meeting her eyes with reserved warmth and settled herself into the seat, politely refusing the water with a shake of her head before pulling out her hand cannon and placing it in solidly plain sight on the table, followed a second later by her combat blade. "Weapons bared openly, we meet as equals and hopefully part as comrades." It was an old phrase from long ago her sire had taught her when she was just a pup, but it had stuck with her through the years and served her well when dealing with dangerous individuals in less than ideal circumstances.

"I couldn't help but over hear, where is Kotir? Also, what exactly are these..." She struggled for a moment to find a fitting description that wouldn't cause  offense. "Creatures? Originally I thought them parasites, but you call them Kortori?" She leaned forward slightly, keeping both her paws on the table in a relaxed gesture, taking careful care to keep her tone soft and non threatening.

If only you could see me now mother dearest, from lost pup, to engineering and first mate, to negotiator with aliens from an unknown star cluster, would you be proud of how far your lost pup has risen? Or disappointed she did so without more blood shed and conflict?

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 10 Master Questor Elite NPC Guild Golden Creator Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: April 29, 2014, 07:36:43 AM »
Jerome stood silently nearby, watching and waiting. 

There were possibilities here.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: April 29, 2014, 08:59:58 AM »
"Autumn," she let the name roll across her tongue, "your name suits and compliments you." The sniff hadn't affected her, she was used to similar from the Captain and the Kotiri.

"I'm please that you have accepted our offer of parley."

Somewhat hurt by the term parasites, but not allowing the discomfort to cross her features she sought to explain to them what had happened; "Kotir is the homeworld of these creatures, the Kotori. They, we, were abducted from our homeworld of Kotir by our and their crew. Tranquilized and chucked into stasis cages, which must have shorted due to the saboteur. They then got out, angered at being taken, knowing, due to their build that it had been a tranquilizer, scared at being taken. They saw the only course of action left to them, and attacked the crew. I ended up being shot, and for whatever reason, they saved me. Now," she paused, distressed and unsure of how to proceed, "never mind."

Careful here, they might not take too kindly to a hybrid..

"They're harmless, unless threatened. All they want is to return to their world, which is what I plan to do, though that will be of some difficulty due to being the only Human crew member on board. They, as you can plainly see will have difficulty using and more importantly understanding the ship's technology. From what I am able to recall of their species, they have no technology and have evolved without the need or apparent want."

"I'm not sure how far away we are from Kotir, I've asked Artemisia to calculate a flight plan for us." hopefully within the 80LY scope

Kassandra Quilldancer

Offline Autumn

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Adept
  • Tech op
    • Awards
« Reply #231 on: April 29, 2014, 09:20:08 AM »
Autumn listened carefully, weighing options, evaluating and carefully considering the information. "You said they saved you? So are you one of them?" She looked up at Sunny stumbled onto the bridge, looking exhausted but otherwise little worse for the wear. "Sunny, what can you tell me about these Kotir's physiology? Are they able to subsist on ship rations and such? Or will we need to find some other way to meet their dietary requirements?"

She looked back across the table at Irina, "More importantly at the end of your journey, will they still have need of this ship, and do you wish to remain with them on their home world?" She looked at the other creatures slithering and crawling about and tilted her head. "Personally I think you would be better off among those that share more of your culture and technological level of lifestyle." She looked around the ship thoughtfully. "As the last surviving crew member the vessel is technically yours by right of salvage, the Prize's crew could be of great use in assisting you with repair or resale of said vessel, for a more fair cut of the profits."

« Last Edit: April 29, 2014, 09:21:40 AM by Autumn »

Offline Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #232 on: April 29, 2014, 10:33:20 AM »
Irina looked up awkwardly at Autumn, unsure of how she would take the news, "I'm not "one of them", but during my time in Chrysalis they seem to have placed additional memories into my brain, and also given me the ability to speak and understand their language and ways; their whole culture if you will."

How can I make clear to her that which is so complex, I suppose that could also be the purpose of the Kotori laying me into Chrysalis... Realization began to slowly spread through her, parts began to make sense. With this came a flood of shame, that she had been involved in the operation to capture them in the first place.

"I believe that once they're returned to their homeworld, their fears will have been assuaged and they will return to their ways, perhaps with a more wary eye to those that stumble upon them in future. As for myself, I don't think I would be able to stay, given I was one of those that helped with their capture. That's not to say it wouldn't be fascinating to learn more about them, but that would be a field for others to explore." if at all, they should just be left alone.. as they were...

"I will remain with my Lilacor until we can safely return them, that is, if you would be willing to render assistance," her Lilacor, how easily the thought and notion came to mind and was to bear, "what happens after that, remains to be seen."

Kassandra Quilldancer

Offline EchoMirage

• Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Master Questor NPC Guild Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Awards
« Reply #233 on: April 29, 2014, 01:06:25 PM »
Artemisia, the metal cat AI, chirped in the background:
"Retrieving from memory: X36852-455. Loading point of biological cargo. Assigning name: "Kotir". Assigning threat range based on crew survival rate: RED. Oh, brutal! 17.5 LY spinward from position. Ready to launch upon disengagement. Say the word to make it happen."

Then the cat-face donned a puzzled expression and asked: "Overwrite previous destination: Skyline Station?"

It waited patiently while the others carried on their conversation.

Helia finally regained composure.
"My apologies - my oxygen saturation was set to maximum. I assume I was slightly air-headed; neither my stomach took it well. At least one of those... Kotiri understood it as feeding. So, got a kiss, could have been worse."
Verily, her face was slobbered.
"I will quarantine the hell out of every one of us after this is over, understood?"

Then, she managed to reply to Autumn's question: "While their dentures serve as natural weapons to a certain degree, they are omnivores - much like the terran bear, they likely will consume anything from berries to carrion."
Her words were emphasized by two of the reptilans having decided the decomposing corpse in the airlock was food.
"Of course, should they go hungry regardless of their varied diet, they might decide to eat you."
"I know I would, if I was a bear" she added, grinning.
The relief of the immediate threat having passed, coupled with being faced with unique alien creatures, potentially sapient ones, too, made her cheerful. Also, she felt better, the problem with the suit resolved.

She sighed, then: "Regardless, if you decide to bring them back to Kotir, you can count on me. I can imagine it, lush, verdant, covered with a red-and-green jungle that never sleeps. Much like parts of my homeworld."
Helia chuckled: "I bet the would thrive there, too."
"From the chimerization I have seen in the esteemed Captain and several others of the pack, they are exceedingly adaptable, and able to utilize other creatures -or parts thereof - in a symbiotic relationship. I have actually never seen a species like this. Very adaptable, I say."
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #234 on: April 29, 2014, 02:14:04 PM »
"So, uh, if they're so good at adapting, do we hafta drop them off on Kotir?" Quan asked. "I mean, they look like they wouldn't much tell the difference if they were there or on Havron IV, y'know? Almost eighteen lights out is a ways, what with keeping them fed and all. Couldn't we just find the nearest green rock and leave 'em there?" He looked down the hall at the gruesome sight of the Kotori gobbling down entrails. "The sooner they're off this boat, the better for all of us, is all I'm thinkin'."

It struck him that "Skyline Station" sounded familiar. He tried to recall where from.
Knowledge roll to see if Quan recognizes the name Skyline Station:
(15:12:49) Minion: Dozus rolls 1d100 and gets 18.
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
Acolyte of the Divine Synod, Merchant of Divine Wealth
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline Autumn

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Adept
  • Tech op
    • Awards
« Reply #235 on: April 30, 2014, 03:09:59 AM »
She nodded in understanding at Irina's explanation, "I too come from genetically altered stock you might say, there is no shame in being uplifted as more than you once were." She waved a paw dismissively at the concern, "You have enough presence of mind to treat with me as an equal, and saved our lives, that speaks more of you in my eyes than a terabyte of biological read outs of your genetic code on a med screen  ever could."

Autumn tilted her head, as Sunny's remark chuffing in slight amusement as the notion of her regurgitation being mistaken for an offering of food, recalling the non gene lifted canines of her spices often fed their own pups in such a manner. "Be glad it was an offer of food they took it as, and not a courtship ritual." She added with a short barking laugh, hoping her own attempt to make light of the situation would help Sunny overcome her discomfort quicker.

She looked back to Irina with what she hoped would be interpreted as a friendly smile, even if it was all teeth and tongue. "I don't think food will be much of a problem given your ship still has it's original food stores for the former crew mates." She kept a wary eye ont he creatures, still uncertain as to the extent of control Irina held over their actions.

Autumn glanced over at Quan as he voiced his suggestion, giving a thoughtful pause, "While it might be technically possible, I do think they might imbalance the local ecosystem, and if people colonize there, cause more problems down the road, and possibly face legal penalties for introducing and alien species to the planetary system should they ever learn it was us."

She took a breath, realizing her view may put her at odds with her captain, but her own honor ranked above that of his profit margin. "If you wish to return them, as ships captain that is your right, and given you aided us in saving our lives from the remaining crew," She gestured to the mess that used to be Cornelia, "For my part, you have my aid with this endeavor as repayment for the life debt." She leaned forward and lowered her voice slightly. "After the debt is settled, we can discuss other arrangements, of mutual benefit to your self and my crew."

She turned to look at her comrades in arms, knowing Yulo would likely be vocalizing an opinion as well soon enough. "Who else is with me in the endeavor to return these Kotori to their rightful home, and then possibly aid Captain Irina in restoring, or reselling her vessel, a matter for later discussion?" She looked back at Irina, staring deep into her eyes for a moment. "Assuming you're willing to accept our aid and any others who support Sunny and me in this undertaking?"

A larger and more impressive ship than the Prize,  in need of crew as well. I wonder if she'd be willing to pay better than our current profit monger? At the very least I'd have quarters big enough to stretch out in without banging my snout into a bulk head.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 05:14:31 AM by Autumn »

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year Questor
    • Awards
« Reply #236 on: April 30, 2014, 05:46:11 AM »
Quan made a slight grimace and a harrumphing noise. "It's noble and all," he said, shrugging, "and I'm sure the critters would like bein' home, but we owe it to Cap'n Queren to square things with him first." He stood up from the wall and began to pace, arms crossed. "We're on a contract, y'know. Man's contract is his word, word's his bond. I don't know if everyone's like that, but that's how it is with me, at least. Finding the Lilarcor was part of the op - big check there - but I dunno if we should be jumping ship straightaway. No offense to you, Cap," he nodded to Irina. "Wouldn't expect you to jump onto our deck either."

As he passed close to Autumn, he murmured low enough for only her to hear, "I ain't sayin' no, but it ain't a yes either. You're first mate, but I still got a captain on contract."
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2

Offline Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #237 on: April 30, 2014, 06:50:52 AM »
Irritation flashed openly across Irina's features at the mention of dumping the Kotori on the nearest habitable planet, but she quickly smoothed out her features. "We will be taking them home, Artemisia puts Kotir at just under 18 light years away from here, which isn't far. Besides the last thing I want right now is a warrant for unsanctioned introduction of an extraterrestrial lifeform to a planet under governance of the Core. As I've said before perhaps we can come to an arrangement with your Captain about how to proceed."

"We also have supplies enough for a full compliment of crew, so keeping the Kotori and ourselves nourished won't be a problem. The supplies used by Cornelia won't make a difference as our main stores are elsewhere."

Skyline Station? Irina struggled to recall her previous mission objectives, "Artemisia, bring up flight plan and mission directives for Skyline Station." Whatever their objective, the Kotori where probably the reason for that destination.

Turning back toward Autumn she returned the feral smile with her own calm one, "We'd be happy to have you help us, but will your Captain agree to aid us? We'd be able to help with supplies too," she added, keeping a reward/payment slightly to the forefront.

This was turning out to be better than she had hoped. Some spacers would just have left them, after taking everything they had, and possibly doing worse before finally departing.

Kassandra Quilldancer

Offline Autumn

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Adept
  • Tech op
    • Awards
« Reply #238 on: April 30, 2014, 07:11:28 AM »
Autumn turned and nodded to Quan at his commentary, "I wasn't saying we shirk our responsibilities to captain Yulo, only that we aid a fellow ship in distress, I'm sure the new captain will make it worth Yulo's time and effort as well as ours for our aid."

She looked back to regard Irina's input on the matter. "You saved my life, that debt comes before almost all others." She gave the new captain a serious glance. "It's a matter of honor, one which any who are familiar with my kind will readily understand, until it is repaid, my service, my life, are yours." She looked back at her crew mates with a reaffirming nod. "As long as that service does not preclude my obligation to those I serve along side. My pack first, than debts of a more personal nature." She clarified carefully, the complexity of the situation  making her inwardly cringe at the potential conflicts of interest that could arise.

Honor, as much a shackle as a bond of trust, hopefully the crew of the prize will understand they are my first concern, beyond any.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 07:39:30 AM by Autumn »

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
  • Awards Hall of Heroes 10 Master Questor Elite NPC Guild Golden Creator Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Awards
« Reply #239 on: April 30, 2014, 07:47:03 AM »
"We can sort out these details a little later - Captain, how long do we have before our visitors arrive?"

He cut out outbound to the captain, and went suit-to-suit only.

"Suggest we leave Yulo the Desmoda, and use any proceeds to buy our our contracts. Then we sign up with Irina here."

« Last Edit: April 30, 2014, 08:02:25 AM by valadaar »

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Autumn

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Adept
  • Tech op
    • Awards
« Reply #240 on: April 30, 2014, 07:58:51 AM »
Autumn nodded at Jerome's assessment, making sure Yulo was cut out of the discussion before speaking.  "Yulo seems more interested about what the Liracor was doing here and the profit margin than our well being or potential causalities, the other ship is worth far more than our contracts, and if we have to pay it off later, so be it, something feels fishy about Yulo's reaction, call it a gut instinct. The sooner we're away, the safer, neither ship can handle a prolonged fire fight with whatever reinforcements come calling."

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #241 on: April 30, 2014, 08:33:05 AM »
"Plus the Dessy itself - we need to get it neutralized, not detached - it already tried to blow the Prize out of the sky once."

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline EchoMirage

• Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #242 on: April 30, 2014, 04:10:54 PM »
While the others were pondering their escape, Quan realized he had heard of Skyline. High above a fringe agri-world, the legacy of a sleeper colony ship, in a gap between the world's dust rings, an asteroid had cleaned a swathe.
He had heard of that hive of scum and villainy - and the scum were not of the savoury kind, like the crew of the Prize.
The Red Aegis, a crime syndicate run by the eponymous Red Baron, dealt both with fringers and core corporations, offering "safety escorts" to merchants and "consulting services" to Terran suits. In their spare time, they oppressed, extorted and enslaved the dirtsiders.

It made sense that Cherenkov waned to move some of the less common wares to the buyer there.

Yulo made himself heard briefly: "Working on the repairs, kids! The leak will be patched soon, but that coil's got the Prize limpin' instead of pimpin'!"
The shrug could be heard even over the comm: "Tell me what you find out, pals! Shoo, shoo!"

Off to work he was again, then, hesitantly, the voice of Jarvis sounded. He whispered: "I have stealthily ascended the bridge, unobserved! There's two more bogeys, fresh out of hyperspace. In addition to those circling the dirtball. Just sayin'. Thank me later! Or now."

Offline Autumn

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Adept
  • Tech op
    • Awards
« Reply #243 on: May 01, 2014, 02:18:42 AM »
Autumn snarled at the new information, looking over to her comrades, "Can someone verify his intel?" She lowered her ears at the new information, calculating possibilities.

Why would Yulo withhold crucial data? Is he hoping our reply as to what we find out draw the new comers attention to us so the Prize can escape in the confusion while the Dessy us and new comers get into a pitched conflict?

Offline Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #244 on: May 01, 2014, 04:50:24 AM »
"By the sound of it your ship is having trouble with its repairs. Meanwhile we're still locked to the Desdemona and unidentified ships are closing on our location. Would you enlighten me to what is going on here, and why he sounds so edgy?"

Heading to the radar station, she checked the readouts for the incoming ships and told the AI to identify them ASAP. She also put in a query to see if Artemisia would be able to override the locking-clamp remotely. The faster things got done, the better. And it'd be safer than doing so manually.

This can only go one of 3 ways, only one of which I'm comfortable with...

(10:56:27) Minion: Kassy rolls 1d100 and gets 11. Roll to attempt AI override.
« Last Edit: May 01, 2014, 04:58:12 AM by Kassy »

Kassandra Quilldancer

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
    • Awards
« Reply #245 on: May 01, 2014, 07:37:58 AM »
Quan snapped his blunt fingers. "Skyline Station!" he proclaimed. "I remember now. Spent a nasty week there running a salvage freight-slash-smuggling op. Not a place I'd fancy going back to, given how we got out." He spread his arms as though to begin a tale, but shut his mouth before he started. "Aw, I'll tell it later. Anyhow, any idea why your Cherenkoff was headed there? If he's got debts to pay, it could be they're comin' to collect."
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #246 on: May 01, 2014, 07:47:53 AM »
Jerome started yelling.

"Irina, DO not disconnect - the Dessy is still active and angry, and will likely shoot us. We may have to point your ship with the Dessy still attached."

If the Dessy was not under motive power, their ship should be able to navigate while still attached, though slowly and carefully.

Over the radio, "Yulo, how much @!#$ing time until contact? "

Off radio - "I think the Dessy is more interested in Yulo's ship, and that the incoming ships will be as well. If the new ships aren't with Dessy, then Dessy will likely light them up herself. "

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #247 on: May 02, 2014, 05:56:30 AM »
"Artemisia! Cancel my last! Immediately!" A cold sweat shivered its way down Irina's spine at Jerome's chilling words. How close had she just put them to more danger? Not a very clever thing to do as one of your first command duties... I should have known about that.. scanned first..

"We need to find a way of disconnecting, and for that matter; what are we going to do in matters of crew and aid?" Irina knew she was completely at the mercy of the boarding party and for all their talk, still had contracts and a seeming strong sense of honour.

Kassandra Quilldancer

Offline Autumn

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Adept
  • Tech op
    • Awards
« Reply #248 on: May 02, 2014, 06:06:31 AM »
Autumn growled, quiet and menacing at the realization of Yulo's betrayal, bowing her head slightly to Irina. "I'm at your service until the danger has passed, our former captain is no longer worthy of my... Services" Or loyalty for that matter, she thought with a spark of anger.

"If we can get him angry enough to scream over the com then go dark the other ships will no doubt home in him, and while threatening to blast him to space dust the Dessy will take them out then we de-dock and slip away in the fire storm." Autumn threw the suggestion out to her crew, knowing its risk, measuring it against the success of a fast exit.

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
    • Awards
« Reply #249 on: May 02, 2014, 10:07:35 AM »
"Eh, too bad," Quan shrugged. "Kinda liked him." The eulogy seemed to satisfy his shift in loyalty.

"It's an idea," he confirmed of Autumn's suggestion, "if you think it'll work. That's s'posin' they are after him and not us. They could be collecting from Chernekoff.

"Could we try hailing the incoming boats? Might be worth knowing at least who they are so we can make this go the way we need. You get me on the comm with 'em, I could try to work the ol' charm."
Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 2