llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: A Fast Exit  (Read 77057 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • Awards
Re: A Fast Exit
« Reply #425 on: October 30, 2014, 11:15:10 AM »
"How the fu.." Jerome trailed off, wondering how to get him down that didn't involve either of them breaking their necks.  Where was Autumn? It was suddenly too quiet.

How big are the trees ?

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Autumn

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Adept
  • Tech op
    • Awards
« Reply #426 on: October 30, 2014, 02:04:48 PM »
Autumn raised her head slowly, the wash of pain informing he she wasn't dead yet, no doubt a slight disappointment to the pale hound, a disappointment she hoped to alleviate by sending it a fresh Kotiri. Slowly she reached down and grasped the butt of her hand cannon, grateful her combat reflexes had holstered it earlier before she tore into the creature with claw and fang, taking care to ease it from its housing quietly, the creatures bulk coiled int he corner where it seemed to be preparing a nest of some kind.

She pulled back her teeth in a bloody snarl, thumbing back the hammer and flicking the round designator to the 12 gauge flechette cartridge, the green laser sight winking to life on the things neck as it paused, turning to look at the sound of of feral fury as Autumns growl rose in intensity. She gave the monstrosity a wink as she pulled the trigger, the booming snap of the round tripping her cybernetic sound cut off as the steel darts all but vaporized the creatures neck, flaying the scales from its skull and transforming the eye sockets into a slurry of gushing blood and brain matter.

"Evolve to over come that you yellow scaled s**t pail." She spat at the creature, taking a moment to reload her cannon before walking over and using her dagger to remove the front fangs and claws of the creature, a few trophies of the near death battle couldn't hurt. As she worked she keyed her suit radio, surprised to find it still functioned. "This is Autumn, anyone still alive? Sound off! Over."

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #427 on: Yesterday at 11:38:34 AM »
Jerome was happy to hear her voice. He had forgotten such devices existed apparently.

"Jerome reporting. Still breathing, and our good doctor is alive, though arborized.  Ewok style trap got her."

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Autumn

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Adept
  • Tech op
    • Awards
« Reply #428 on: Yesterday at 11:52:13 AM »
Autumn nodded, before realizing the motion was wasted over the radio,  the pain of her own injuries intensifying now the adrenaline charge of combat was ebbing. "Glad to hear you're both still alive, also what's an Ewok?" She pocketed the teeth and fangs, taking quick stock of her surroundings and attempting to calculate the path back to her friends before deicing to simply follow the tail of Kotiri and Hyena blood to their location.

"I'll be there in a few minutes, tell the doc to get the med bay prepped I'm going to certainly need it. Again."

Offline valadaar

• Emperor
    • Awards
« Reply #429 on: Yesterday at 12:02:03 PM »
"Fictional creature with hunter-gatherer tech level..  I'll probably need a hand getting her down the slow way."

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline Autumn

• Squirrel Strolenati
  • Adept
  • Tech op
    • Awards
« Reply #430 on: Yesterday at 12:43:14 PM »
Autumn took a breath before replying, "Roger that, my claws should allow me to climb and my injuries should allow it before I find myself incapacitated." She pulled a stim patch from her emergency medical kit and applied it to the inside of her thigh where the fur was thinnest, the rush of endorphin's and painkillers mixing with the combat drugs to give her a temporary surge of energy.

"Just watch my back while I climb up and retrieve her, I won't be able to fight while getting her down."