llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: OOC  (Read 43709 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline MysticMoon

• Mad Prophet
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Månlufsen (The Moon Bum)
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 5 2011 Society of the Year
    • Awards
OOC
« on: July 20, 2011, 11:14:22 AM »
Feel free to post OOC details here.
Chosen of Aktagarti – Divine Synod Guild – Level 1
Might: 2 | Agility: 3 | Wits: 4 | Charm: 3 | Spirit: 4 | Power: 2

The old man, grey-haired, braid hanging down.
He is clothed in faded brown robes.
His craggy face is turned up, bathed in moonlight;
He looks for his goddess to smile upon him.

Offline Silveressa

• Mourning Wolf
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Scottish wolf-&^%$@ with silver fangs
  • Awards Guardian of the Citadel Elite NPC Guild Questor 2012 Sub of the Year 2012 Location of the Year Article Guild
    • Awards
Re: OOC
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2011, 12:16:41 PM »
They say pictures are worth a thousand words so here's a few of  Autumn and her equipment: (Right click on images and choose "save as" to get a higher resolution copy)

Autumn

Her Twin Tungsten Neutronite Daggers

Her Sledgehammer hand cannon

(Used with permission by Wolff60, check out more of his stuff at http://wolff60.deviantart.com/ )

"Lesbian gamers, sometimes we use our hands for other things."

Offline MysticMoon

• Mad Prophet
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2011, 11:40:55 PM »
Hollen's Prize

The Hollen's Prize is a modified Frontier class freighter. She is not capable of atmospheric flight or planetary landings. Her current owner is Yulo Queren.

The front end is wedge-shaped, with each deck wider than the one above it. The cargo hold is cylindrical, with a cargo shuttle docked to the top surface.

Basic Layout

The decks are set perpendicular to drives so that acceleration (and deceleration when turned around) will generate a sense of gravity. To simplify: when standing upright, feet point toward the stern and heads point toward the bow.

Ok, I'm not an artist. I'll replace this with something better when I can cajole the resident artist into prettying it up:

Details:

Both a powered platform (for hauling equipment) and a ladder connect each deck. There are also two laser batteries on the forward portion of the cargo hold; one on the top surface and one on the bottom.

Bridge

The bridge consists primarily of workstations for controlling the ship. Piloting, astronavigation, communications, sensors readouts, gunnery, and other such functions are managed from the bridge. There is also a small storage area.

Crew Deck

The crew deck is meant for off duty activities. There is a kitchen and dining area, a small storage area (including an arms locker), a head, exercise equipment, and a space for entertainment. The dining table doubles as a meeting place for the captain and his crew. The captain's quarters are also on this deck.

Crew Quarters

The original design held eight crew quarters and 3 bathrooms. Two of the original quarters and one of the bathrooms have been converted into a single med lab. The quarters are not large but they each contain a bed, storage, and desk with a workstation. These bathrooms (unlike the ones on the upper decks) also have showers. The medical bay has a couple of beds and enough equipment and supplies for decent surgery.

Storage Deck

Mostly filled with spare parts, supplies, and other types of miscellaneous equipment. A small space on this deck has been converted to a brig, complete with bed and bathroom.

Machinery

Covering the area of two decks, this area contains all of the equipment necessary for running the ship, except for power.

Maintenance Deck

The maintenance deck is an extension of the machinery decks and supplies access to them, along with workshops for any special maintenance which needs to be done. Some of the machinery extends through the maintenance area, so the delineation between the two zones is tenuous. This area is the primary domain of the mechanical engineer, with space for the comp/electronics spec.

Power

Taking up the space of three decks, this area contains the fusion power plant and the jump drive. The powerplant provides power for running the ship, charging the jump drive's capacitors, fueling the fusion torch drives, and the two laser batteries. There is not enough power to run the torch drives and charge the jump drive, so the ship must wait a few hours once it reaches a low gravity zone before a jump can be accomplished. The ship cannot also run at full power while the laser batteries fire.

Cargo Space

The cargo hold is the largest portion of the ship and is not pressurized. There are a few mechanical arms capable of moving cargo about the hold and a work station for manipulating the arms. The cargo shuttle is docked with the top surface. Huge doors exist on both the top and bottom surfaces for loading and unloading.

Drives

High-rated fusion torch drives. The original craft had only two, each on a strut extending to the port and starboard sides of the cargo area. Yulo has since added two more drives stacked with the originals, allowing for greater acceleration or longer trips between refueling. Fuel storage is located mostly within the drives, with a little extra in the forward section of the cargo hold. The fuel is used for the powerplant as well as the drives.

Shuttle

For planetary landings and hauling cargo when necessary. Since Rim planets are not guaranteed to have space stations capable of handling surface cargo transfers, the shuttle is a necessity.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2011, 08:59:41 PM by MysticMoon »

Offline Silveressa

• Mourning Wolf
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Guardian of the Citadel Elite NPC Guild Questor 2012 Sub of the Year 2012 Location of the Year Article Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2011, 12:53:56 AM »
The decks are set perpendicular to drives so that acceleration (and deceleration when turned around) will generate a sense of gravity.

On a small hard science note I should point out that the gravity produced during decelration will be in the opposite direction then during acceleration, meaning the crew will be walking on the ceiling, and anything not in a container or bolted down will be moving rather rapidly from floor to ceiling.

This also means compartments will need to be built for dual usage with things like bunks, toilets, stoves, etc... on both the floor and the ceiling, with perhaps handholds in the walls to allow access to cupboards and the like that are out of reach.

Offline MysticMoon

• Mad Prophet
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2011, 12:59:13 AM »
The decks are set perpendicular to drives so that acceleration (and deceleration when turned around) will generate a sense of gravity.

On a small hard science note I should point out that the gravity produced during decelration will be in the opposite direction then during acceleration, meaning the crew will be walking on the ceiling, and anything not in a container or bolted down will be moving rather rapidly from floor to ceiling.

This also means compartments will need to be built for dual usage with things like bunks, toilets, stoves, etc... on both the floor and the ceiling, with perhaps handholds in the walls to allow access to cupboards and the like that are out of reach.

The ship rotates around for deceleration, so that "down" is still toward the stern. The drives are fixed in position, so force is always directed to the stern.  The ship rotates in whichever direction it needs to in order to provide thrust in that direction.

Basically, the ship flies facing "forward" when it leaves a system and is accelerating; it flies facing "backward" when it enters a system and is decelerating.

Offline MysticMoon

• Mad Prophet
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2011, 01:36:02 AM »
I'll be starting a new thread with each new "scene." At the end of the old thread, I will post a link to the new one before locking it. There should be only one unlocked, non-sticky thread on the board.

The First Run kicked it off.

A Fast Exit begins the next one.

Offline Silveressa

• Mourning Wolf
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2011, 12:24:51 PM »
Basically, the ship flies facing "forward" when it leaves a system and is accelerating; it flies facing "backward" when it enters a system and is decelerating.

Okie that makes sense, thanks for clarifying.  :up:

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2011, 02:58:29 PM »
So given the deck arrangement, would the bridge and pilot station be oriented "up" to a forward trajectory, or as the rest of the ship with some sort of outside monitor?

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline MysticMoon

• Mad Prophet
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2011, 03:33:39 PM »
So given the deck arrangement, would the bridge and pilot station be oriented "up" to a forward trajectory, or as the rest of the ship with some sort of outside monitor?

The same as the rest of the ship. Multiple monitors would show various views and sensor readings, plus there are heavily-shielded portholes in the walls and ceiling.

Offline Silveressa

• Mourning Wolf
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2011, 07:17:40 PM »
Just an inquiry if this game will be picked back up soon? (I've seen mystic around the site, so I've been hoping. Anyone else heard anything?

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Master Questor Elite Questor Golden Creator Elite NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2011, 06:41:56 AM »
I am ready whenever you are.
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline MysticMoon

• Mad Prophet
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2011, 10:09:19 AM »
I honestly don't know when/if I'll be able to pick this back up. Unfortunately, my hands are tied. For the foreseeable future I will be doing little more on Strolen's than posting the occasional comment and writing the occasional sub.

Offline Silveressa

• Mourning Wolf
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2011, 12:14:54 PM »
That's a shame, if you don't mind the inquiry, what's got you so busy these days? All good things I hope. (feel free to pm me if you don;t want to answer publicly)

Offline EchoMirage

• Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Master Questor Elite Questor Golden Creator Elite NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2011, 02:09:21 PM »
Take your time, MysticMoon. We'll be here when you return.
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Golden Creator Elite Item Guild Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #14 on: April 13, 2012, 05:29:33 PM »
Just stumbled on this one again, remembered the great fun we had starting. Is anyone interested in starting 'er back up, or am I rustling up dead bones?

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1

Offline Silveressa

• Mourning Wolf
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #15 on: April 13, 2012, 06:45:58 PM »
I remember it fondly, unfortunately our Gm lack the time to continue, perhaps if was all ask him nicely and let him choose the pacing we can convince him otherwise?  :up:

Offline EchoMirage

• Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2012, 06:11:32 AM »
I'm checking Strolen's everyday, anyway.

Offline Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
  • "No power in the 'Verse"
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 2012 Most Votes of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #17 on: April 14, 2012, 07:30:05 AM »
I know that I dipped in and out of this game, nonetheless I would like to get involved with it again.

Real life had me pinned down for a while.

Is there a way I can add this thread to a list of threads that I'm keeping tabs on?

Kassandra Quilldancer
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 2 | DEX: 3| CHA: 2 | INT: 2

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
    • Awards
« Reply #18 on: April 17, 2012, 01:02:55 PM »
Well, that's everybody but Valadaar and Mystic. I'll drop Mystic a PM to see if he's interested.

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
    • Awards
« Reply #19 on: April 17, 2012, 03:44:46 PM »
Talked to MysticMoon. He is, unfortunately, unable to participate for the foreseeable future.

That said, if anyone else is familiar with any kind of space-based system, I'm in for another game, perhaps even with the same characters. I couldn't run it, having neither the time nor the knowledge, but perhaps one of you out there does?

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1

Offline EchoMirage

• Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2012, 04:09:34 PM »
I'd  be willling to run a space game, but God help me, if I waste effort like with the Movers and Shakers, I will nuke the site from orbit.

Offline Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
  • "No power in the 'Verse"
  • Awards Item Guild Hall of Heroes 2012 Most Votes of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #21 on: April 17, 2012, 04:23:08 PM »
Have you spoken to Valadaar yet?

Kassandra Quilldancer
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 2 | DEX: 3| CHA: 2 | INT: 2

Offline MysticMoon

• Mad Prophet
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #22 on: April 17, 2012, 04:24:40 PM »
If anyone is interested in taking over this game I'll be happy to pass along my notes.

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
    • Awards
« Reply #23 on: April 17, 2012, 06:27:49 PM »
Have you spoken to Valadaar yet?
No, didn't mention it to Val yet. I'll drop him a line.

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
    • Awards
« Reply #24 on: April 17, 2012, 09:27:55 PM »
And Valadaar is in. :up:

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1