llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: The First Run  (Read 17558 times)

0 Members and 2 Barbarians in a Horde are spying on this topic.

Offline Silveressa

• Mourning Wolf
  • Squirrel Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Scottish wolf-&^%$@ with silver fangs
  • Awards Guardian of the Citadel Elite NPC Guild Questor 2012 Sub of the Year 2012 Location of the Year Article Guild
    • Awards
Re: The First Run
« Reply #50 on: July 20, 2011, 11:43:42 AM »
Autumn glanced at the contract, scanning it like she had dozens of others before it for any special wording or hidden sub clauses that could cause difficulties. It all seemed in order, much as she would expect from a trader operating on the rim.

Why the captain thought she would wish to spend her last night on board his ship, in cramped quarters, alone was beyond her; then again a man of his prestige likely had companionship on board, unless he was the chef as well?

Partially lost in thought and anticipating the excitement in the weeks to come, Autumn found herself standing before the door leading to her rented room almost before she realized it.

She paused, pulled out a small pocket mirror and quickly smoothed out a few ruffled patches of fur around her muzzle before proceeding inward to her last few hours of fun for the evening. Such services did cost, but after the generous meal the captain had so kindly paid for and no longer needing to worry about budgeting  her funds until she found employment, she could easily afford a hired companion or two for the remainder of her stay.

"Lesbian gamers, sometimes we use our hands for other things."

Offline MysticMoon

• Mad Prophet
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Månlufsen (The Moon Bum)
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 5 2011 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #51 on: July 20, 2011, 09:16:38 PM »
Yulo's comm buzzed. He took a quick look at it and then put it away.

"Well, my friends. It is time for me to bid you all a good night. Sleep well, for tomorrow we leave for Rinea."

He made a point of shaking hands with everyone still left at the table.

"Send me your signed contracts when you are ready. In the meantime, I shall put together some documents for your perusal.

"Good night, and see you all tomorrow. Helia, let me know when you are ready to board."
Chosen of Aktagarti – Divine Synod Guild – Level 1
Might: 2 | Agility: 3 | Wits: 4 | Charm: 3 | Spirit: 4 | Power: 2

The old man, grey-haired, braid hanging down.
He is clothed in faded brown robes.
His craggy face is turned up, bathed in moonlight;
He looks for his goddess to smile upon him.

Offline Dozus

• the Windward
  • Strolenati
  • Emperor
  • Cephalopod
  • Awards Questor 2012 Society of the Year Elite Item Guild Golden Creator Hall of Heroes 10 2010 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #52 on: July 20, 2011, 09:31:17 PM »
"Hey, count me in too, Cap," Quan added. "Be nice to get intimate with the boat, y'know? 'Sides, the room I'm staying in here's a dump."

He stood and quaffed the last of his beverage. "Well folks, pleasure meeting ya," he grinned. "I got a good feeling about this. Think we're all gonna get along great, huh?" He nodded heartily and turned with a wave to gather his possesions - few that they were - and bring them aboard the Prize for an evening with her.

Dozus the Windward
Swashbuckler
LEVEL 1
Cartography Guild Minor Minion
STR: 4 | END: 2 | CON: 4 | DEX: 3 | CHA: 3 | INT: 4

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Lifeforms Guild Item Guild Golden Creator NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild
    • Awards
« Reply #53 on: July 21, 2011, 01:58:18 AM »
She examined the contract thoroughly, then signed. In the years before the war, Helia had read dozens more complicated legalese documents - the Core worlds did not give grant money out for free, and wanted their investments secured.

This here was a simple form, and thus she hit "accept", before joining Yulo on his way back to the vessel. "I believe we will be compatible, yes" she smiled at Quan.

A bunch of free-spirited uncomplicated fringers - yeah, she could imagine staying with them for a while.

Cassandra noticed their departure, and ran to Helia with a purr, licking her mouth. A guest at the other side of the bar was looking for his fish, surprised at its departure. The two occurrences were of course unrelated.

The cat hopped back onto the trolley, pretending to have never left, and proceeded to clean one of her tentacles.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2011, 02:00:40 AM by EchoMirage »
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Master Questor Hall of Heroes 10 Golden Creator Locations Guild Elite Elite NPC Guild Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Awards
« Reply #54 on: July 22, 2011, 02:21:57 PM »
Jerome went back to his room to get his things.  The Capt'n's warning might have been a ruse, but it would probably be best to leave now before anything _did_ happen.

He dispatched the contract to his lawyer/accountant and sometimes handler earthside and then activated the automanteau* and it dutifully followed him out of the room with his kit.

One stop at a public washroom, and a weeks salary of artificial joy was flushed into the recycling system.

Just one more stop....

Ten minutes later, Jerome arrived at the dock, ready to board. 

*robotic luggage...

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Offline MysticMoon

• Mad Prophet
  • Strolenati
  • Grand Master
  • Månlufsen (The Moon Bum)
  • Awards Questor Hall of Heroes 5 2011 Society of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #55 on: July 24, 2011, 01:18:10 AM »
Chosen of Aktagarti – Divine Synod Guild – Level 1
Might: 2 | Agility: 3 | Wits: 4 | Charm: 3 | Spirit: 4 | Power: 2

The old man, grey-haired, braid hanging down.
He is clothed in faded brown robes.
His craggy face is turned up, bathed in moonlight;
He looks for his goddess to smile upon him.