llamaenterhear
Username: Password:

Author Topic: OOC  (Read 70964 times)

0 Members and 1 Lonely Barbarian are spying on this topic.

Offline Kassy

• Iron Priestess
  • Grand Master
  • "No power in the 'Verse"
  • Awards Hall of Heroes Item Guild 2012 Most Votes of the Year
    • Awards
Re: OOC
« Reply #225 on: October 11, 2014, 05:54:31 AM »
Update 2.0

Internet being installed on the 10th Nov. Laptop will now be acquired on the 1st/2nd.

Apologies for the delays. Money never stretches as far as one thinks it might.

Kassandra Quilldancer
STR: 3 | END: 3 | CON: 2 | DEX: 3| CHA: 2 | INT: 2

Offline EchoMirage

• Caffeinated Alcoholic Blood
  • Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Master Questor NPC Guild Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Awards
« Reply #226 on: October 12, 2014, 04:15:38 AM »
To the two active players:
Feel free do resolve what thou will in the three days until Irina's return; once you both post here that you "fast forward", I'll move the action ahead.
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Authentic Strolenite (though spanked) (C) (R)

Online Silveressa

• Mourning Wolf
  • Grand Master
  • Scottish wolf-&^%$@ with silver fangs
  • Awards Guardian of the Citadel Master Questor Article Guild Elite NPC Guild 2012 Location of the Year 2012 Sub of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #227 on: October 14, 2014, 06:00:22 AM »
Seems we're off for a hunt currently, although if you have nothing planned of interest during the hunt I'm fine with fast forwarding.
"Lesbian gamers, sometimes we use our hands for other things."

Offline EchoMirage

• Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
  • Awards Item Guild Lifeforms Guild Master Questor NPC Guild Golden Creator Lifeforms Guild Elite
    • Awards
« Reply #228 on: October 14, 2014, 06:24:17 AM »
You're of course free to drag Sunny to the side, and tell her that it's talking time, not hunting time.
"Captain, the buttocks are moving from the pink into the red and purple spectrum! We cannot maintain this rate of spanking any longer!"

Online Silveressa

• Mourning Wolf
  • Grand Master
  • Awards Guardian of the Citadel Master Questor Article Guild Elite NPC Guild 2012 Location of the Year 2012 Sub of the Year
    • Awards
« Reply #229 on: October 15, 2014, 07:57:46 PM »
You're of course free to drag Sunny to the side, and tell her that it's talking time, not hunting time.

Sounds like a plan, although I wouldn't want to hold up the rp for Val, if he doesn't mind however? (Or we could hold the convo in a separate thread and assume it took place before the hunt while Autumn was preparing and run the hunt in the main thread which we assume happens after if that works for everyone? (Unless Sunny happens to go all River Tam and try to kill Autumn unexpectedly I don't see how the chat with her would prevent the hunt from happening.)

Offline EchoMirage

• Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #230 on: October 16, 2014, 03:47:21 PM »
Fair enough, we'll post the conversation in the thread then. Unless you want others in, it's between you and your bunk mate anyway :D

Offline EchoMirage

• Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #231 on: November 17, 2014, 04:54:34 PM »
Chapter 1 concluded!
Good work, crew!

> We're switching to the d6 system.
> Lady Wolf is joining.
> There will be perks and XP, you can be sure.
> Chapter 2, "A Barrel of Bastards", starts soon.

Offline EchoMirage

• Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #232 on: November 18, 2014, 04:55:19 PM »
Okay, everybody, the system.
Pick up Mini-6 or Star Wars d6, it's basically like that.

There are 4 attributes:
Strength, Dexterity, Mind and Spirit.
All untrained skills use the base attribute.
Each skill is tied to one attribute.
Strength is the base for numerous physical skills, and the attribute you use for melee damage and to resist any kind of damage.
Dexterity is the base for numerous physical skills, and the trait needed to dodge and to hit with guns.
Mind covers academic endeavours.
Spirit covers charisma, awareness, intuition and luck.

Characters have 12 dice to spend on attributes.
Let's take Autumn:
Autumn is pretty strong and tough - her Strength is 3D. Any of her strength skills start at a minimum of 3D as well.
Where Autumn really excels is swiftness and grace - her Dexterity is 4D.
Autumn is not stupid - a good mechanic should have her wits about her. Therefore, Mind, is 3D.
The hound is none too outspoken and sometimes rather feral, hence her Spirit is at 2D.

She has 7D to spend on skills. These dice are added to the base attribute.
Melee: STR+1D=4D
Gunpowder Weapons: DEX+1D=5D
Space Transport Repair: MIN+2D=5D
Awareness: SPI+1D=3D
Dodge: DEX+1D=5D
Pilot: Space Transport: MIN+1D=4D

Autumn has the following Perks:
> Body weaponry: the blades and teeth ignore quite a few armor types, but not power armor and similar.
> Die Hard: Autumn's endurance has been tested, and she passed with flying colours: she gains +1 Health level for a total of 8.

Autumn has earned 20 character points. These can be used for extra dice, or to buy skill and attribute improvements.

Online Silveressa

• Mourning Wolf
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #233 on: November 19, 2014, 10:42:29 AM »
Nice and easy to make sense of. :)

one question about the 20 points, are they spent on a 1 to 1 basis? (1 point = 1 die) Or is it a different point ratio for skills and attributes? (I assume attributes cost more to raise than skills.)

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Master Questor Golden Creator Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #234 on: November 19, 2014, 11:08:30 AM »
I think it was 1 point per 'pip'  1 = +1, 2 = =+2, 3 = new die?

Stats:

Mind 3D
Stength 3D
Dexterity 3D
Spirit 3D

Jerome loses a lot of detail due to the number of special skills he had due to formal military training.

Melee  3D+1D
Firearms 3D+2D
Robotics  3D+1D
Leadership 3D +1D
Survival 3D +1D
Land Vehicle Pilot 3D +1D

« Last Edit: November 19, 2014, 02:52:40 PM by valadaar »

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®

Online Silveressa

• Mourning Wolf
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #235 on: November 19, 2014, 01:44:37 PM »
Jerome looses a lot of detail due to the number of special skills he had due to formal military training.

Hmm, well we have 20 points to spend on skills, does the Echo version of d6 use skill concentrations like other rule systems? (for example Firearms would be a broad skill with Pistols, rifles, smg's etc.. being concentrations off the main skill.)

If so then you could buy some of his specialty skills with the 20 points and round out the character that way.

If the Echo version of d6 doesn't use concentrations then may I humbly suggestion the following:

Concentrations for a main skill (firearms, melee, etc..) may be purchased at half (or 2/3's?) the normal point cost, but can never exceed the broad skills rating by more than 3. (I.e to purchase rifles at 5d you need to have firearms at 2d first)

This way we could flesh out our characters areas of expertise within a field like firearms, with the draw back being while we can achieve slightly higher ranks in specialties sooner do their cheaper cost, we become less effective in other broader applications of the skill. (I.e you only roll your rifles concentration when firing a rifle and default to firearms rating when handing a pistol.)

Just my random thoughts on it at the moment.

Offline EchoMirage

• Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #236 on: November 20, 2014, 08:34:34 AM »
Indeed, you are allowed to get specialties for reduced cost - 3 specialty dice for 1D I think, must check (see Star Wars).
This can improve detail.
Skill dice cost (old dice rating) per pip - so, getting guns from 5D to 5D+1 costs 5.

Online Silveressa

• Mourning Wolf
  • Grand Master
    • Awards
« Reply #237 on: November 20, 2014, 11:30:57 AM »
Indeed, you are allowed to get specialties for reduced cost - 3 specialty dice for 1D I think, must check (see Star Wars).
This can improve detail.
Skill dice cost (old dice rating) per pip - so, getting guns from 5D to 5D+1 costs 5.

So that means how many points = 1 or 2 dice of a specialty skill? Also do specialty skills start off at a higher rating than the broad skill? (I assume yes since it's rather worthless otherwise) Specially how much higher? (I assume a single die rating, or is it whatever level you initially purchase the specialty skill at?)

Offline EchoMirage

• Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #238 on: November 20, 2014, 01:02:33 PM »
a) Yes, you add specialty dice onto the base skill. You may also purchase just a specialty instead of the broader skill, in which case the base is just the attribute.
b) You get three specialization dice by sacrificing one broad skill die. A specialization is pretty narrow - i.e. flying an X-wing whereas the full skill lets you fly any starfighter; shooting a specific type of gun instead of the whole category, survival in one terrain type vs. all.

Offline EchoMirage

• Emperor
  • Medice cura te ipsum
    • Awards
« Reply #239 on: November 22, 2014, 09:14:02 AM »
Jerome needs perks!
I will bestow a story-related perk, and Val can pick out one himself (I will make a few suggestions).

Story Perk:
No Nonsense: Jerome has kept a cool head in the face of Minerva, Jarvis, Yulo... floating in space after EMP... talking down people holding a nuke.
Attempts to intimidate, bulls**t or frighten him are at -1D.

Character Creation Perks:
Jerome is part machine. Choose a perk that reflects his status.
Suggestions:
Man-Machine Interface: Jerome is used to controlling machines while attending to other things. His penalty for performing multiple actions is reduced by 1D if one of these actions is controlling a machine with which he's interfaced.
Metal Endures: Some parts of Jerome never tire. He will not receive penalties for fatigue unless he really should be exhausted.
Heavy Metal: Jerome gains +1D damage with his metal parts, and has a 1 in 6 chance of ignoring the effect of small arms fire and physical attacks of man-sized or smaller creatures.

Offline valadaar

• Lord Ascendant of Typos
  • Emperor
  • Awards Locations Guild Elite Lifeforms Guild Elite Master Questor Golden Creator Elite NPC Guild Hall of Heroes 10
    • Awards
« Reply #240 on: November 22, 2014, 09:25:02 PM »
Those are all pretty sweet.  I'd love 2 :P but the powergamer in me selects Heavy Metal.

Human Strolenati
         Strolenati Guild
         DwarvenGuild - Dorak Stonehammer
         Weavers Guild
         Level 3
         STR: 4| END: 4| CON: 4| DEX: 4 | CHA: 3 | INT: 7
         Authentic Strolenite™©®